It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Alert for Liverpool, UK?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidlowe
reply to post by ALadInsane

Coming from Liverpool as well I can understand your concern but this issimply the terror effect. It is a key weapon terrorists have, they want to make you feel unsafe and uncertain the state can protect you. In addition to actually killing and maiming, the real victory of terrorist actions is in causing fear. When you see the summary of the effects of 10 years of global terror on the link below, I can understand why we do get frightened.
www.youtube.com...

I agree with David Lowe and the youtube link is spot on summarising the real effects of terrorism over the last 10 years. If you missed the link here it is again:
www.youtube.com...

Absolutely brilliant!!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stevoedwards

Originally posted by davidlowe

Coming from Liverpool as well I can understand your concern but this issimply the terror effect. It is a key weapon terrorists have, they want to make you feel unsafe and uncertain the state can protect you. In addition to actually killing and maiming, the real victory of terrorist actions is in causing fear. When you see the summary of the effects of 10 years of global terror on the link below, I can understand why we do get frightened.
www.youtube.com...

Yes, I have been following this author recently, he's actually published a book that I have bought and read. As I am highly cynical, I don't give praise so easily, however; I was so totally surprised that I actually loved the book! It's brilliant and gives an insight into the threat of terrorism within the UK & US!!
I follow this author on Facebook:
Through his posts, it keeps me up to date on current terror threats. This is beneficial as I rarely have time off.
please see:
Facebook: www.facebook.com...#!/profile.php?id=100001868003047
Amazon: www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297624915&sr=8-1

I cannot stress this enough! I was ablivious to the threat/concept of terrorism and this author helped me out!
Very very good book!!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisbeIief

Originally posted by ALadInsane
reply to post by DisbeIief

As you can see from my original post:

It appeared to be circling the city as opposed to just passing through at top speed.

I did make the distinction between it circling the city and being a 'few seconds event'. I made absolutely sure of that before posting as I am well aware that fighter jets could pass over in a matter of seconds.

Sensationalist rubbish at it's best.

That was rather rude . the OP was simply reporting his observations . I notice you have never started a thread . Very trollish behaviour .

To the OP , RAF Woodvale is just up the road at southport , so it could have been a training / recon flight .

Regards
edit on 13-2-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
reply to post by defcon5

Let me answer it for you: There isn't.

Some people clutch at the most meaningless straws.

Fighter jets are a common sight up and down the UK, so are AWACS and other military flights.

This thread is over hyped speculative nonsense.

Well let me tell you , I live in Manchester and have never heard or seen a fighter jet in the skies above , So where did you get your info about it being a common site ?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

Then the answer is basically no, as i explained in my first post. Seeing a couple of jets does not mean there is a increased terrorist thread towards Liverpool, you should not need to create an entire thread to have this question answered for you.

The OP simply posted his observations and was asking if anybody else in the area had noticed anything similar . Since I doubt very much that you live in Liverpool , I therefor don't think any of your replies are pertinant.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ladies and Gents of ATS,
I think the observation of the OP relates to the military excercises which have been advertised in our local papers.
I do not think this event is connected to any foul play,rather it is part of what the Daily Post said would take place-
some military training.

I shall try to find a link,but local papers aint so good at web links sorry.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey

Originally posted by DisbeIief

reply to post by DisbeIief

As you can see from my original post:

It appeared to be circling the city as opposed to just passing through at top speed.

I did make the distinction between it circling the city and being a 'few seconds event'. I made absolutely sure of that before posting as I am well aware that fighter jets could pass over in a matter of seconds.

Sensationalist rubbish at it's best.

That was rather rude . the OP was simply reporting his observations . I notice you have never started a thread . Very trollish behaviour .

To the OP , RAF Woodvale is just up the road at southport , so it could have been a training / recon flight .

Regards
edit on 13-2-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

If you actually read my reply later you would see that Woodvale (an RAF base known well to me) does not have jets based there.)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join