It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end is 21 May 2011!!.........Or is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I saw this ad yesterday in our local newspaper, about some guy predicting the end of the world on 21 May 2011. Apparently he has studied the bible, and came to this conclusion.

Now i visited his website, and............to me it basically looks like a bunch of numerology. And upon further research i found out, that this same person, running a site callled FamilyRadio, made a similar prediction in 1994, obviously it was wrong. But this time he believes there is "undeniable proof".

I do this post, because i have also received a pamphlet in my mailbox, with this guys message and it is all over the local newspaper. His prediction can be read, here

I have seen to many predictions fail epicly, and this one seems no different. I still maintain that no -one knows the future, thus all predictions are likely fake.

There might be some that do believe there might be some truth in this, and for you, i made this thread.

VvV

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
i hope the idiot is right and the whole world blows up, just because.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Happen already, it's been long overdue.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I predict that March 15 2011, May 21st 2011 and December 21 2012 will not be the end of the world

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Im going to be a bit contoversial now. I too struggle to believe that anyone can predict the future, mainly because I don't believe in fate and therefore don't see how anybody can predict anything. They could predict that I will become Prime Minister of Great Britain, but if I jump off of a bridge tomorrow, that won't happen and their prediction is out of the window.

I will say however that I was very much taken in by the, 'new', Nostradamus for quite a while. (Before I came to my senses.) Dr. Bruce Bueno de Mosquita claims he can predict the future through a sequence of mathematic equations. It seemed very interesting and he seemed to know what he was talking about and claims to have predicted a lot of things through these equations. Not a lot of proof to be honest lol, naturally. Were used to that though aren't we. Id be interested to hear some of his equations on the end of the world.

Im somewhat sceptical.

Here is some more info on him from a previous thread on ATS: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It would be a refreshing change if people would stop obsessing about the end of the world, and just try to live their lives productively.

By which I mean, try and help everyone and everything to have a better life (including yourself).

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

And all I can say is,

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Of course it fake. Somethings happening on the 15th March, but we'll see.

Don't think any ATS member is a stranger to failed predictions. Though there hasn't been as much lately.

Has anyone noticed that? Remember at some point it's all you could find in the list of recent posts

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace
I predict that March 15 2011, May 21st 2011 and December 21 2012 will not be the end of the world

Agreed 1000%

I think I'm going to start a prediction thread every morning saying that today will be the end of the world.

Oh Yeah!!
edit on 8-2-2011 by topdog30 because: misspelling

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace

You forgot Oct 21, 2011!!! That's when the whole "dark knight" thing is supposed to happen. Some even say it's the real end date to the Mayan Calendar.

I wish people would stop with the "we all gonna die!!!!"

Back on topic.... there are other threads discussing this date
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Back when I first heard about this date I looked around at some news articles about it. There was a woman highlighted in one that had completely put her life on hold because of this prediction. So sad.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I saw this ad yesterday in our local newspaper, about some guy predicting the end of the world on 21 May 2011. Apparently he has studied the bible, and came to this conclusion.

I do not know what bible he studied, but he missed one crucial point about the "End of The World".

"But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, [fn] but the Father only. Mat 24:36

So, in my opinion it´s just another desperate cry, for publicity. The world is going to end at some point eventually but to set up dates, is simply not good. It´s just creates unecessary trouble. To put it in Jesus words:

"So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." Mat 6:34

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My prediction.......... everybody ready?...............WE WILL LIVE UNTIL WE DIE but dont tell anybody they may say i'm wrong and try to debunk that so please shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Nothing happened that day, even though I must say I was kinda afraid throughout that day xD

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I remember that i took this picture
From Downtown Montreal

Very expensive ad .. especially at a major intersection

Translation from the Ad : Day of Judgment on the 21 May
Pray to God

The Bible Garanty it

They took it off one week later

edit on 4/10/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join