It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Home-Land Security monitor Above Top Secret. COM?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is just some hypothetical questions about HLS.

But do you think that HLS monitor this site?
Or is ATS just a drop of water in the ocean of cyber-space and not worth HLS attention?
I�m sure we have some members who work for different Government from around the world and come here for discussions and up to date info on the varied topics posted here at ATS.
Would ATS be obliged to hand over unpublished email addresses if asked to do so by Home-Land Security?

Not that I personally care one way or the other, I�m just wondering about the reach of HLS, and would it only pertain to Americans or subscriber out of the country as well.
Please don�t flame me.
Remember I�m talking hypothetical
P.S. Mods I won't be offended if you guys trash this, just thinking out loud (well on the key board)

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I would not be surpried if HLS was using a system similar or recieving intel from the NSA's echelon systems. This board must cause many hits!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i wouldnot doubt if they did monitor this site

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It certainly wouldn't surprise me. If I were in charge I would be monitoring such site....look at some of the questions about weapons in the weapon forum. It seems like common sense would dictate that they would....I dunno.....

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If they monitor the net on keywords like osama, bush, bombs, etc
then this site must be one of the most recorded site's i think...

He, what that red laser spot on my head.. Argh....

transmission terminated...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This has been gone over so many times already. After reading ATS for quite a while now I don't think there is any way on this green earth that HLS is watching ATS. Think about some of the incredibly stupid threads you've seen, would you as an Intelligence person actually try to harvest data from a site that contains strings like "Police Beatings are Good" or "Nukes would be best for the US" Granted yes the second is a bit more connected to the mission of HLS, the crap that followed was not, and should have shown that this place is more of a sounding board/peanut gallery than some terrorist network waiting to strike.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
But also members with extreme views about bush and
america. If you read some of the treads you are
talking about, there some very disturbing (and wierd) idea's.

I'fe they want to know what is a hot topic (like moore,
nukes, etc) i really think they keep a watch on it....

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Actually, I wouldn't be surprized, they are probably not monitoring the whole site just certain threads, but then I think they monitor other political sites also, after all if they can monitor library access why not forums where people come to let off steam.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Several government computers/ISPs/Lans, etc... access ATS it's on the server logs and IP logs. We take it as a compliment. The usual target is ATSNN, they want their news unbiased too you know

m...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The Department of Boardland Sanity does monitor the site however.

EDIT: Also going to add this pic, just because I just love it.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Kano]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Whoa, now I am seriously starting to question the sanity levels in ATS, I think too much information and exposure is causing some brain leak.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
The Department of Boardland Sanity does monitor the site however.

Special Director and Inquisitor Kano, you have moved the board to blue from yellow, does that mean the Government wet home,

new topics

top topics

join