It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny Monkey???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone had any information about this creature. Whether or not it is real, where it exists if it is real, and any other background information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
`MacKiller

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That looks like an infant. There are some very small species of monkey. I wonder if this is an infant to one of those particular species?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Interesting Observer.

Do you have any other picture of links with information regarding this?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
that picture was debunked not long ago its real but i cant remember what it is.

Ill look for the thread

the person said it was a tarsier which banshee says it aint.

[edit on 7/14/2004 by machinegunjordan]

[edit on 7/14/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well, I don't think it's a monkey. The smallest monkey is the tarsier, and it doesn't look like that -- it's got huge eyes and big ears.
en.wikipedia.org...

It almost looks like.....a lemur of some sort, maybe?
It's awful cute, whatever it is!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I do not think that it is a baby Lemur.

1 Day old Lemur

It is much bigger that the size of an adult males thumb.

On a side note, thank you for your recent message Banshee

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I am looking into this further, and I found this article that may be of some use, even thought it does not include pictures.

FOSSILS of a thumb-length primate unveiled today represent the earliest-known member of the anthropoids, the group that includes monkeys, apes and humans.

Source

It is said that the creature lived 45 million years ago, but how do we have a picture of it

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I remember seeing this on ATS earelier in June, can't remember if it was proved faked.

The face looks like a baboon, but thats way to small to be a baboon's face. And baboons do not have long ratlike tails, to me it looks like a hoax of several combined pics, maybe a small rat repalced with a baboon head.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Well, I don't think it's a monkey. The smallest monkey is the tarsier, and it doesn't look like that -- it's got huge eyes and big ears.

ehhhhhh wrong answer and ive answered this before elsewhere the picture in question is that of a 1 day old pygmy marmoset aka thumb monkey. Tarsiers allthough small are not actually the smallest of what is generalized as monkeys they may have slipped into the category of smallest given the whole primate/ mormoset scinetific classification difference.

www.rarespecies.org...

Rarely are these little critters available in the pet trade but occasionally ive come across them and on average they are 1,800 to 2,500 in price.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Where do these creature live in the wild and how are they still around?

I am sure that they will make the perfect snack for most average-sized predators.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
just reread my post and it sounded like it came across as a$$holish so i thought i would let it be known i didnt mean it in that context i just know my critters.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
They live in rainforest areas of western Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru.
As far as predators are concerned there size and habits protect them to some extent. They live in tree canopysand spend most of thier lives off the ground like squirells thier weight allows them to go out on branches that wont support other animals so they can simply jump from one tree to another to avoid being eaten.

Catching one of these little guys would be a great task , given as agile these little fellows can be they would be gone in a heartbeat.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
it's a pygmy marmoset, it's found on the tiny branches at the tops of trees in the south american rainforests, it eats tiny berry's

can't remember any thing more about it

it is the smallest marmoset in the world
slighty different from a monkey

sorry didn't read the couple of posts above mine sorry

[edit on 15-7-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
A long time ago I was watching the Discovery Channel and they had this little tiny monkey with all white furr about the size of your palm.
It may have been smaller.
I think it was a monkey.
Anybody know what I may be talking about?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The all white mini monkey was probably a cotton top tamarin or one of the tamarin family.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It looks to me like this one may have been born premature. I think that most monkeys are born with more hair than that, especially on the tail. One sight said that pygmy marmosets are born at about .5 oz, I think this one looks lighter than that, but who knows.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Actually most monkeys are born with very little fur , some are pretty much naked in the fur department allthough they develop it quickly. I would say that this little one was just recently born given his eyes are still shut.

top topics

join