It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Who's This Joss Stone Chick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Just caught this on VH1 Classic. Never heard of her, and I thought only fat black chicks could sing like this.

I'm getting old and pretty much out of touch with anything resembling popular music. I know who Jeff Beck is which is why I'm watching the show so maybe someone can educate me on some of her better tunes.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Never heard of her i have to say and i have a musical vocabularity bigger than ron jeremy.
One thing for sure is, she would never make it on American Idol as she has good rhythmic moves and an even better voice.
Good find and thanks!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

I have a CD by her. She's got a cool voice, yes?

There were a few videos of her a few years ago on TV. I haven't heard anything new from her for a while.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
She got my curiosity and it seems she's a British soul singer.
There are quite alot of Youtube video performances by her.
She has also performed with and for some of the soul industries greats.
I also happened on a video where she discusses that her label may have been put off by her making/ recording a complete album without their input or consent.
Lol skroo emi anyway, she has got a voice.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
She also does a cool version of the White Stripes "Fell in Love with a Girl". She changes it to "boy", but still the same song. (Looks like you'll need to click on the link to see it.)

edit on 2/8/2011 by Toromos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well, I was hoping someone could show me some of her cooler tunes. I guess I'll just have to go through what is out there and see for myself. The one video posted, no offense Toromos, but I cannot listen to the White Stripes, even a cover of them. They stink, to use Bob Ryan's immortal words, and are completely unlistenable to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Here's one of the best done cover songs I've ever heard. Joss was good but.............. didn't hold a candle to Melissa no disrespect to Joss she has an awesome voice but I don't think anyone could have touched Melissa that night. If you haven't seen this enjoy. They both did Janis proud.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

No offense taken.
But her cover sounds so different from the original I still think it's worth a listen. It hardly seems to be the same song.

top topics

join