It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Photo Tampering, but oops, I think they forgot something.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

What I think that is weird though, is that the sun would have done more than 180 degrees., I thought only one side of the moon is lighted by the sun...or is that only for us here on Earth? Would it be different if I were on the moon?
edit on 2/7/2011 by FoJAk because: spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoJAk

What I think that is wierd though, is that the sun would have done more that 180 dgrees., I thought only one side of the moon is lighted by the sun...or is that only for us here on Earth? Would it be different if I were on the moon?

Of course it would..
There is no Dark Side of the Moon...
In fact what we call the Dark Side actually gets MORE sun..
Odd huh....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Would it be different if I were on the moon?
No...that doesn't make sense to me either...
edit on 2/7/2011 by FoJAk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Its only called the dark side of the moon because it never faces Earth.

And if that guy says it's an antenna, then that's fine. I'l accept that. It's just a really long one I guess,... which seems to have been thrown there? Again, no footprints going that way. But again, I'll accept it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
Its only called the dark side of the moon because it never faces Earth.

And if that guy says it's an antenna, then that's fine. I'l accept that. It's just a really long one I guess,... which seems to have been thrown there? Again, no footprints going that way. But again, I'll accept it.

You know the issue of "no footprints" would still be there if you consider it a hoax..
I mean, it still had to get there some how, no?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
is it me, or does this look a tin coffee cup?

scroll athe way right on the bottom, it behind the little communication thing

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I think it's just you..
Though without cropping and enlarging I can see what you are getting at..
Once enlarged you can clearly see it's not..

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Yeah..look at that pick in high res..zoom in on the object on the ground...around it you can see the true color of the landscape...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
That doesn't necessarily mean tampering, the sky from the moon could very well be mostly 1 solid color, and therefore we get this.
edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by BrnBdry

I think you need help seeing, you stitch together 19 images and see how it looks, it would be all patchy, since the panorama is for looks only, the sky in the background has been photoshopped so it looks better, hell the entire panorama has been touched up so it looks better.

I gotta agree - 19 stitched together would be a Dogs Breakfast of tone and colour. Someone at NASA for the sake of presenting a 'polished' image has taken a 'level' of tone and colour as the benchmark and then made all the others the same. In Digital Imagery the software then floods the area with pixels or converts the pixels (depending on how you go about it - it's different on film of course but the principle is the same) to ensure you get precisely what you want - which in this instance was a unified image through 19 separate images. So yes it was manipulated - was it manipulated for clandestine purposes? I doubt it - it was done to make a 'nice' pic.

Oz
edit on 8-2-2011 by Ozscot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by FoJAk

What I think that is wierd though, is that the sun would have done more that 180 dgrees., I thought only one side of the moon is lighted by the sun...or is that only for us here on Earth? Would it be different if I were on the moon?

Of course it would..
There is no Dark Side of the Moon...
In fact what we call the Dark Side actually gets MORE sun..
Odd huh....

It's called the Dark Side of the Moon because the moon is fixed in one position in orbit facing us, so we only ever see one 'face' of it. The other side of the moon, for us, is dark as in we never see it.

This thread is really something, I must say.

The title obviously alludes to something big, but upon reading the first post we are told to use M$ paint, and paint the sky white.... Not understanding the method used to make the panorama, the reason for making the panorama, how tolerance in a painting program works (and lets face it, M$ paint is for kids by comparison) and then following the same dead horse down the "You guys are wrong" track when told of all this...

Shaun Mecallif put it best....

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
you do relize how foolish the N.A.S.A is photo shoping photos is dont you?
they take thousands of photos of these places if 1 or even 100 come back with something they dont want you to see why would they bother taking the time to photoshop it? they still have 900 more they can show you and how would you ever know the other 100 even excist?
but i could do this in reverse and show earth is a dead desert planet easly by only showing you photos of the desert and saying there ever photo of the whole place and unless you lived here on earth you would never know.
right now aliens are taking photos and leaving out or citys so they can go home and say no one lives here.
no need to photoshop photos of earth just let them see only the ones taht show what you want them to believe.
like so theres life there and they are at peace NEVER have war .
now could i pull taht off? yes easly again i could geta million photos showing all the peacefull places towns and citys and the aliens at there planet would believe we never have a war.
or this they are so war like and have a adavanced space program and are threat to our planet.we need to destroy them.
as a alien could i pull this off? again yes easly just get photo of the nuks going off and pjhotos of our space stuff even just the junk in orbit and more of our junk on other planets in this system. now all the home body aliens are holding signs kill all humans.
and to thin k i did all taht with out doctoring a SINGIAL photo

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67f59a84ea4c.jpg[/atsimg]

How about the wire on the left of the pic running through a random clump of dirt?

I just don't see how this clump of dirt could occur in such a perfect fashion, and then have a wire running through it.

I've done a few posts on this issue, and hope to do some more soon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

There a boot prints all around that clump of dirt. Couldnt it just be the astronauts that piled that mound of dirt on top of the wire to keep it stable?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
For the record, NASA has never denied the fact that they indeed touch up photos and in some cases air brush them. According to the men who "went" to the moon, because of the nature of the dirt on the moon, the light bounces up and gives you radiant light, which is why some pictures "should look dark" but aren't, like the often used as fakery evidence, photo of one of the astronauts getting out of the lander in the shadow. The radiant light brightens him up, even when the only direct source of light is blocked.

According to them, they couldn't see the starts because of this, similar to someone trying to stargaze at night in a brightly lit city, you just can't see them.

That said, I have no idea if that's true of if they "faked it", but this image is a panorama made up of several images, and nothing in it, including the solid black sky, suggest fakery to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

The "antenna" in question is there in the original photo even before you alter it in paint. Yes it is very weird but you dont need to bring it to paint and alter it just to see it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

????

That "can" thing is the spool the flat cable was wound up on!!!

Here, a photo of some equipment on Earth...just one example of some of the stuff they practiced with, in training:

Title:
View of the Lunar Portable Magnetometer (LPM)

Description:
Close-up view of the Lunar Portable Magnetometer (LPM), which will be used by the crew of the Apollo 14 lunar landing mission during the second extravehicular activity (EVA-2).

images.jsc.nasa.gov...

Until I verify THAT photo and its mission and time of exposure....the above is just to illustrate ONE example....might not be the exact same type of equipment. Just typical......

@ ppk55

Originaly posted by ppk55
I just don't see how this clump of dirt could occur in such a perfect fashion, and then have a wire running through it.

It is a WIRE they unrolled out, onto the ground! There is a geat deal of loose soil. You have never seen wires, on the ground on Earth, in loose dirt???

edit on 8 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

That's the spool that was used with the thin strip of wires used in the experiment. Each thin strip of wires has one.

Oops, somebody beat me to it.
edit on 8-2-2011 by d4ng3rm0u53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
in general it is a nice pic but very hard to see the tampering ... thanks any way

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bartibog

It works (the paint bucket) because the sky is black and the bucket tool fills all connected pixels with the white as long as those pixels are within 10% variance in color of the pixel you first selected. You can't do that with a normal sky photo because there variance in a sky caused by the atmosphere but the moon's atmosphere is so tenious that it has very little variation especially looking away from the sun. Towards the sun it would be back lit and more visible. It's not a edited photo but a limitation of using paint.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join