It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much for "resisting the system"...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Today I received mail confirmation that I will be graduating from university, I feel good, I feel free. I can get that degree, I can get a job, and make a life for myself. I often wonder, as it is a double-edged sword, what are we really complaining about? In terms of the rest of the world, we have things pretty good. Although it might not be perfect, sure, blood-sucking space aliens and impending doom, we each make things good for ourselves, and honestly, I think thats all that matters.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Congrat, man !

What are you getting ? BA, BS, Master ?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Grats!

It's better to master the system before you set out to 'resist' it. A person can't do much resisting when they are broke, jobless, completely disconnected from the mainstream, etc.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Today I received mail confirmation that I will be graduating from university, I feel good, I feel free. I can get that degree, I can get a job, and make a life for myself. I often wonder, as it is a double-edged sword, what are we really complaining about? In terms of the rest of the world, we have things pretty good. Although it might not be perfect, sure, blood-sucking space aliens and impending doom, we each make things good for ourselves, and honestly, I think thats all that matters.

I'm 86 years old and MANY years ago I felt just like you, the world was my oyster and I was ready for anything.
Since then I have daily pried the foot of the world from my swollen anus, I cry tears of pepper and feel sad for kittens. Go to an old folks home soon and see the future, you won't see too many residents kicking and screaming to remain on this planet any longer than necessary. My heart has mud in it.
Have a nice day!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Degree = nothing in this economy without experience in addition. BUT you will get to EXPERIENCE one thing, and that is the HELL of repaying your school loans now!!!

I've been there, you have my sympathy. My degree does zero compared to a skill of mine that I have experience doing with NO degree.

Thats the way it is. I can use my degree to wipe my rear. What an EXPENSIVE lesson...

Sorry. Hopefully the economy gets better soon.
edit on 7-2-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

You're right that we are FAR better off than most places on earth.

Congradulations by the way.

The problem with being part of the "best" countries in the world is that we are complacent. These little things like graduating University are a wonderful step into just being the robot that they've programmed you to be.

Let's see, how much student loan debt do you have? Compared to the average wage you will make once you get that job? Will you have to go back to school in 10 years for retraining because of how fast advancements are made in your field?

The point of being in the best country in the world is to be happy with what you have and fight vehemently for what you don't. That's what we don't do, we don't fight anymore for anything. We let politicians yell at each other while lining their pockets with corporate cash and fueling the fake left vs right paradigm.

So, be the change you'd like to see. Be happy that you have your things in order and help those who don't.

~Keeper
edit on 2/7/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

86, really ?

Please, sir, the man just received a very positive news, dont go on here demoralizing him, who know what he will be able to accomplish in the future that you could not.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
First, my heartiest congratulations to the OP!

Now,

This is news?

This is important?

This is worth saying?

You appear to be making a strong case for euthanasia. Careful you don't end up making a suitable one, too.

edit on 8/2/11 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
that one guy is right, because you have a piece of paper doesnt mean you have a job, theres plenty of ppl with them but very few with experience. start looking for part time if you dont have parents or family to fall back on.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Hi Sys,

You are a graduate - all these people replied and I gave you your first star.

Congrats!

It takes stickability to graduate, I know. And good luck finding your calling.

Remember, sometimes the calling comes from the heart and soul rather than the brain.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
When people have much, they complain about mundane things, or fantasize about things to complain about. When people can barely get by they don't even notice those mundane details.

Congratulations with your degree. Which field of study?
edit on 8-2-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
That piece of paper means nothing nowadays. Im a web designer and i work in a pretty big advertising company.
I don't have a web design/developing degree but i get payed twice as much as my colleague designer.
He has a degree and im 2 years younger than him as well. Do you see my point ?

There is more information on the internet than i could read in my entire life. So having that in mind i'll go to university just for the experience of it and nothing more.

Trublbrwing was 100% right. I found oyster metaphor very funny

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85

86, really ?

Please, sir, the man just received a very positive news, dont go on here demoralizing him, who know what he will be able to accomplish in the future that you could not.

I shagged Eleanor Roosevelt in the Lincoln bedroom. Top that whippersnapper!!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
First, my heartiest congratulations to the OP!

Now,

This is news?

This is important?

This is worth saying?

You appear to be making a strong case for euthanasia. Careful you don't end up making a suitable one, too.

edit on 8/2/11 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

It must be cold there in my shadow.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Perhaps, more to the point, its an irony. Its a finance degree, that is, basically becoming a technician in the "money system" itself. I had also studied economics for a year (the backbone of the system) and I had transferred to a combined accounting/finance degree, however I dropped the accounting portion as it was just too painstaking, and honestly I only managed to scrape through in the end. Anyway, the irony is, is that the university I attend has very strong masonic underpinnings, and the more that I learn, the greater I start to appreciate the true extent of the system, what I have learnt about it is almost more than words can describe, its so intricate, so embedded in just about everything we say and do. I can resist it, I can carve out a neiche, I can choose to use my skills in an honest way, and if the ship starts to sink, I'm heading for that life-raft, as it is almost pointless to run around warning people that will never believe me.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
I often wonder, as it is a double-edged sword, what are we really complaining about? In terms of the rest of the world, we have things pretty good. Although it might not be perfect, sure, blood-sucking space aliens and impending doom, we each make things good for ourselves, and honestly, I think thats all that matters.

So you're tired of resisting? I'm not saying graduating is a bad thing at all. Education is crucial. Congrats on that. But I detect a hint of weariness and resignation between the lines...

The system is like a pyramid. (Hence the New World Order symbol on the dollar...) The surest way to topple it is to eat away at it from the bottom, but that is something you cannot do alone. To topple the system from the bottom, the majority would have to be in on it, and the majority is almost always made up of those who are easily mislead, so that will never do. The other way is to climb to the very top and basically infiltrate it. It is easy to fail this way, because the lower levels, the roots of the pyramid, sometimes remain intact and the entire thing grows back, but its the only hope for a minority who has seen the truth and wants to fight the system.

A pyramid, both literally and metaphorically, is one of the strongest constructs you can build, because its bottom is heavy and solid and its top is small, resting easily upon the sturdy foundations. It is extremely hard to bring one down (again that goes for the literal world and the figurative world.) That's why the Egyptian pyramids and the system are still standing.

I agree with you that you must master the system to prevail over the system, but never lose the resisting spirit.

I plan to go to Williams College for my undergraduate degree and Harvard for my Masters and PHD. I am trying to fit elements of sociology, philosophy, anthropology, history, political science, economics, and literature into my education. I'll have to do a lot of double majoring... Right now, I'm only 16. Nobody ever believes me on that one, but its true.

I appear to be one of those overachieving, preppy, know-it-all, Harvard-ish kids, but in reality, I am also a resistor and I spend all my spare time on conspiracy websites lamenting about the NWO and 2012. Who would have guessed?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by InsaneInsurgent11

Even the great pyramid, is not completley perfect. As with a dam, it only takes the smallest cracks for the whole thing to burst.

I had a dream once, that the world was being held together like an egg shell, that the powers that be were spending all their time and effort to maintain its integrity.

I think, its time for the world to be reborn, to break through the cage that had been holding it in the womb.

After that, the Earth will repair, it will rebuild, natures laws will prevail, and not the imposed perceptions of the system.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Do you think that will happen in 2012, specifically? I'm a 2012 believer...

I think 2012 will be more of a complete takeover by the system, along with a lot of death and destruction. It will probably be natural disasters coinciding with World War III, and America will fall to an authoritarian alliance, like maybe a combination of Russia, China, and the Middle East. Or maybe the New World Order itself will stop being so subtle and crack down, ready to implement their plan for worldwide "utopia" and total control...

I don't know, but 2012 will provide an opportunity to make a final stand against the system, after /they/ have done unforgivable, extremely oppressive things that reveal their true natures to everyone. Right now, everything is shrouded in mystery, but in 2012, I believe that fog will be violently blown away by their forceful wind and what was once secret will be known. The cost of having clear vision will be disaster. Right now, things are moving along peacefully and they are there, hidden somewhere beneath the surface, but they don't intervene directly in our everyday lives. We don't know much about them or even for sure whether or not they exist, and can only speculate about them. They will not come out and reveal themselves quietly. They will come out when they are ready to visciously seize control, and finally we will know the truth, but at a great price.

It will be bad, but it will be the time to fail or prevail. I don't know the timescale of the post-2012 world. Maybe it will be a long story with many twists and turns, spanning over 300 years before things culminate in a final answer. Or maybe the big battle will come straight away and be very decisive. I think it will be more of an era of darkness, speckled with bright stars that are few, but very bright compared to the darkness around them. I don't know. This is all just speculation.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Congrats, and good luck in finding that job as there are people with doctorines-masters working at mc donalds right now

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Of course we are better off than most....but we didn't get here by accepting status quo nor do we remain here under the guise of "our job is done".

Apathy breeds mediocrity.

Edit:

BTW, congrats on the degree. Forget what everyone else is saying -- there is no way you are worse off with one than without. Unless you are now saddled with hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt....lol. Education and knowledge benefits everyone.
edit on 23-2-2011 by lpowell0627 because: Lack of social grace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join