It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ANY prediction posted on ATS ever been accurate?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As I've said before I am extremely sceptical of predictions as a whole. There are some which make me say 'Hmmmm' while I scratch my head, but VERY few. Nostrodamus is fun to read about, and kind of cool to theorize, but the fact of the matter is that you can pretty much interpret many of his 'predictions' in many ways. But I will admit that some of Nostrodamus' quatrains are food for thought.
Edgar Cayce has some interesting predictions linked to his name. He's another one who makes me wonder.
I'm at a loss to name anyone else off the top of my head who makes me believe in predictions.

Here on ATS I see many predictions. Usually doom and gloom predictions. Sorry to be so blunt, but I don't put any faith into the predictions I read here. And yes, I do read alot of them. Aside from predicting that my girlfriend will be mad at me within the next 2 days, or my cat will puke on the rug in the next 72 hours I have no prediction abilities. So to answer the question asked in this thread - Maybe 1 or two came true.

I will say - Long live Charlie The Chicken! That is one fine Chicken Predictor! And very recently too!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by Tollon

They are a waste of time. There has never been anything predicted here that has come to pass. That's because it's bogus. You would better spend your time researching conspiracies, which is what this site is supposed to be about. That stuff is real, because it's based on hard fact. People are selfish, greedy bastards that will do anything it takes to keep their lives going the way they want them to. People with vast fortunes have unlimited resources to make sure things work out to their advantage. It's the way things have always been.

One of the truest statements I have seen on ATS in a long time

reply to post by withopeneyes

Here on ATS I see many predictions. Usually doom and gloom predictions. Sorry to be so blunt, but I don't put any faith into the predictions I read here. And yes, I do read alot of them.

I predict that there will be a significant eruption in Iceland in the next 12 months. Yup doom and gloom.

Would anyone show even the slightest interest if I said I predict that nothing will happen in Iceland in the next 12 months? Nope. My first prediction stands.

edit on 8/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
even a broken watch is right twice a day.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

And is WAY more accurate than one that loses 1 minute in 24 hours!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My dream 2/7/2011

World's tallest man is discovered in a mountianous wooded area. It looks much like Colorado. The man is almost 10 feet tall and 500 lbs. He has blonde hair, blue eyes and lives in a isolated mountian cabin. He is sort of wild as he does not speak very much.
The girl in this scene works for her father's company and is having an affair with her father's partner. They both discover this man when they attempt to get some privacy. The man at first is startled and is shouting nonsense. He then swings an ax but it turns out he is just chopping firewood.
The fathers partner is greedy and wants to try to capture him for money. The company is isolated up in the mountians due to the suspious business activities. This discovery brings to light corperation in this company and a sister company. I think they are a marketing company? I saw presentation rooms, board rooms, a waiting area.
This happens in winter in the near future; there are 2 major moutains, woods in the front and a small wooded cabin that is the marketing company.
At the end of the dream all parties were running from the feds. The giant man was not found; it becomes an internet urban legend. No one believes the guy because of his crimes. The man in question is hispanic, 5 ft 8,(short for a guy), good looking, mustache, average build maybe 165 lbs, and wears an earring. He looks very professional but in a cheesy used cars sales man way. He is in his 30s.
The girl in the dream is not me but has brown hair and is short. The girl is in her late 20s. The father is never shown but is in his 60s. This looks like the present day; the year was 2011 or 2012. I did see a newspaper the man was reading and it said 201? I could not see any other numbers but the headline said company suspected of fraud.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

What do you "consume " to get vivid dreams like that .?
Just saying because i hardly ever remember dreams.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

Water. That is all I had before I went to bed. I usually go to bed extremely hungry because I have a rule never to eat 4 hours prior to sleeping. I have heard theories that what you eat or consume can effect your dreams. I also turn down the volume off on my tv or radio right before I sleep. I try to turn the tv off completely so it does not interfere either. I have dreams in their purest state. They are so real vivid it is like I become that person who is having that point of veiw. The point of view of my dream last night was the girl. The point of veiw in my dreams is not always a main character but at times a side character, like an observer.
edit on 8-2-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I do the total opposite of you before bed , If I remember a dream its Only immediately before i wake up and its only like 5 _10 seconds memory of a dream .
To be honest i dont want to dream, good dreams end just as they get good , and nightmares for me go on longer and have made me wake up in the middle of the night and can freak you out for a while the next day .

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There was a thread not a while ago similar to yours, i´ll see if i can find it again, but anyways heres something that has not mentioned here yet

The prediction itself is from 2008. Imo that prediction was quite outstanding

Man calls stock market crash to the date, on a message board?

He basically predicted the fall of the markets today (dow closed -504.48 the worst since 9/11) The posters name is Reinhart.

Check out the links in the thread mentioned above

HM

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There was a thread not a while ago similar to yours, i´ll see if i can find it again, but anyways heres something that has not mentioned here yet

The prediction itself is from 2008. Imo that prediction was quite outstanding

Man calls stock market crash to the date, on a message board?

He basically predicted the fall of the markets today (dow closed -504.48 the worst since 9/11) The posters name is Reinhart.

Check out the links in the thread mentioned above

HM

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Nightmares are very intense. I always remember one to three very vivid scenes in my dreams. On feb 5 I had a dream where I was in an abandoned mall spefically Metro North Mall near me. A great diaster was coming; a huge severe storm. We were all hiding in this store which was in the basement area. Suddenly we hear these crashing sounds coming from inside the mall. We go to look and see down the long hall past the emergency double doors were it say Employees only a light that looks like a shadow. Suddenly my neice who is only three starts talking like she is 21; talking about let's go to the bar. The louder the sound the closer this light comes.
So we begin running and I have to get my keys for my car. I tell everyone to go ahead of me and I get my things but this light shadow thing is coming closer behind this thing the mall comes to life. There are scenes from the 1990s when the mall was thriving. I can see the workers on the other side they ask me to come join but they look pocessed. As it comes closer I begin to feel my memories revert back to 1990s. I run faster and finally get out we all pile in the car driving off as the mall becomes fully revitalized and alive.
My neice is now back to being a regular 3 year old. What happened was the light shadow was descending upon her and a 21 year from the past was starting to reappear in the space she was. If she would have not moved she would have been absorbed by the 1990s 21 year old girl.
As we drove off I could see the light bright white but it stayed in the mall. As we drove off I could hear music and see people appearing to go into the mall of the past.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

With dreams like this i assume you have a good imagination ? Do you do any creative writing ? You should . i hope this nightmare doesnt come true ! -- Would you say you sleep well ie find it easy to fall asleep ?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What I find annoying is not the predictions, but the sensationalized thread titles, where the person making the prediction acts as if it's set in stone.

I have no problem with people thinknig about the future, and attempting to figure what will happen. That's just being curious, and a product of quetioning ones surroundings.

But some of the thread titles are absolutely rediculous.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yes I am a creative writer. I plan on writing to get published. I have a hard time getting to sleep I either have to talk on the phone or watch TV. I get scared of what I will dream.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Good luck with the writing ! If you have trouble sleeping you should try reading in bed the other things you do wont help really , it just makes time pass you would have got tired anyway .
Just dont read a horror book !

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I believe it was significant enough it taken in the context of the global picture, and the way things have become. meaning that as people here are usually at pains to say the NWO always has to show their plans in the NWO. I am just taking this to the next level, by demonstrating that this can be done.

And considering that the UK is a permanent member of the UN security council and the US no.1 Ally, Surely the point of who is in No.10 should be of importance to the NWO (POTUS)

No?? I guess I was wrong, and that's just the little Islanders sense of self importance!! heheheh

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

easy if you're not too specific.

true story; after the Tet offensive (Viet Nam, 1968) some intel guys showed their briefings for that week and they had specifically estimated serious action for that time period.
the other officers pointed out that intel had made similar predictions in something like 17 of the previous 25 briefings.

there's an intriguing story in John Keel's 'Mothman Prophecies' where several local residents (Pleasantville WV) had received dreams/visions/visitations pointing to a local disaster. many of those familiar with the events were convinced that the local armory was going to explode. that December, a bridge collapsed. Keel was convinced that 'someone' knew something was going to happen, and sort of warned us, but not in a way that would help prevent.
I think he called this 'games nonhumans play'.
edit on 8-2-2011 by works4dhs because: add note

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

I really enjoyed that movie. I believe prophecies that just come to you and you don't have to think about. I am not a christian but I have heard that christians say that some people have the gift of prophecy.
Anyone can make general guesses but not many can make specfic prophecies. We all have certian natural psychic ablities if we tune into them, embrace them and utilize them. The problem is most people are afraid of them or try to hard.
That is why I leave my predictions up to my dreams pretty much or intution. I have had moments where I see something happen only a few -10 minutes before it happens. Then again is that self fulfilling propechy?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
not sure i believe in predictions. the event predicted must be substantial in size and affect hundreds of thousands of people. it can't be close, or almost. a prediction has to be in the words of, "on tuesday, 4/*/11, a delta airliner will be hijacked and be shot down over the pacific ocean". premonitions, i believe. many people have strong premonitions that something bad will happen over a certain window in time. i believe some people have the inate ability to sense disastrous events before they happen. but that is not the same thing as predictions. that being said, i do chect ats quite often for disaster predictions. reading them is my guilty pleasure. gives me a reason to spend money i don't have.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I disaagree with people who say that you can't predict the future.
I'm gonna do it irght now.

Next week will start with a monday and end with a sunday
Next month will be march
Next year will be 2012.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join