It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

milkweed nowhere to buy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have been searching high and low for milkweed plants, sap anything, has anyone tried it at all? or even been able to purchase at all?

It seems almost non existent

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Look for these guys:
Monarch Butterflies

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_dbs_ol_2
edit on 7-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Did you try this site? I haven't sent for mine yet; I will soon. I think it grows wild around where I live, but I can't remember right now.

Check out his videos on fixing butterfly wings too, if you're interested. Pretty cool stuff.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
there are trees here in england that grow lilac flowers like that well I think the tree is called lilac, there is usually tons of butterflies on it, would that be the same species?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Milkweed is toxic to pretty much all but Monarch Butterfly larvae.

Thats probably why it's hard to buy.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
No, lilac is a bush or tree even. People here use them as hedges, sometimes. Milkweed is a flowering plant, and its seeds are very wispy and white colored; thus the name.

Asclepias

Lilacs are great too, but they tend to attract those huge (carpenter?) ants. They're not something I'd want outside my kitchen window or door, anyway.

reply to post by chr0naut

It has its uses. While not mentioned in that article, it's said that it relieves the symptoms for poison ivy too.

edit on 7-2-2011 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

think I'll have to go have a forage around a local lake and wood, I will have to remember milky color with green leaves the size of a thumb and butterflies (in the summer).
It's always handy to keep something that could possibly help towards saving someones life

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

If people do use it to relieve symptoms of poison ivy, then it probably grows nearby where that grows...so wear long slacks and maybe some gloves.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If it is important to you grap it and learn how to grow it while you can, there will still be sources but if the trend is declining make use of what is still available.

top topics

join