It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is China building eerie 'ghost cities'?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Why is China building eerie 'ghost cities'?

www.wnd.com

Why is China constructing large, well-designed "ghost cities" that are completely devoid of people?

Jerome Corsi's Red Alert reports Google Earth photographs of China depict city after city of vast complexes consisting of office skyscrapers, government buildings, apartment buildings, residential towers and homes, all connected by networks of empty roads – with some of the cities located in China's truly most inhospitable locations.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.redalert.wnd.com
edit on 7-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is really bizarre. Building complete cities in remote areas and leaving them unihabited? I am purly speculating here but are they building these in areas they think will be safe from earth changes and planning on using them after what ever they think is going to happen happens?

This certainly corresponds to the idea governments are expecting big earth changes etc. but not telling their rank & file citizens. I really don't know.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6733b65c92a6.jpg[/atsimg]

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Seems to have pretty good maintenance for ghost cities. The trees don't water themselves.

Very interesting though. Could be weapons testing, or could be locations to move large numbers of people. China definitely needs to disperse its population... maybe this is their solution instead of creating war just to gain territory.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is how you artificially maintain growth % numbers for your economic models.

It gives false impressions for predictions on future growth values.

That's probably why, because it's profitable.

I know, profitable to be completely wasteful? Yeah actually, thats how backwards our system is.

Welcome to Earth.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
fema cities

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The first image you showed - I see cars. How do we know that no one is living there. Has anyone been there that wrote an article that confirms this. Do you not agree those are cars - cars equal people. I may have missed this in the article - how many ghosts cities are there suppose to be? They had to have a lot of contractors to build a city - perhaps that is where the leak would be for finding out their intent with these cities.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
im pretty sure this has been posted here before ill do a search and see if i can find it but i think in the thread they were saying they were building them for people who were surposed to do work in mines or somthing like that and it never happen but i still think it's weird because there is so many ghost citys there if you look on google maps you will find heaps

www.abovetopsecret.com...

not sure if the link works im new here lol
edit on 7-2-2011 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
This is how you artificially maintain growth % numbers for your economic models.

It gives false impressions for predictions on future growth values.

That's probably why, because it's profitable.

I know, profitable to be completely wasteful? Yeah actually, thats how backwards our system is.

Welcome to Earth.

That makes a lot of sense in a credit expansion= false wealth based society. Still I can't help but think there is an ulterior motive. They are not stupid they see what is happening to our credit expansion based society, they have to know the same will happen to them... Perhaps it is both. They think there is going to be great earth changes however in the meantime they have to live with the current system so might as well take advantage of it before it implodes?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
The first image you showed - I see cars. How do we know that no one is living there. Has anyone been there that wrote an article that confirms this. Do you not agree those are cars - cars equal people. I may have missed this in the article - how many ghosts cities are there suppose to be? They had to have a lot of contractors to build a city - perhaps that is where the leak would be for finding out their intent with these cities.

Yeah I saw that. I don't know which but the article did say there were cars and people super imposed into some of the pictures.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
who knows?

loving the symbolism in the architecture though, especially the chi / kundalini being......

edit on 7-2-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Between China's Ghost cities and America's Ghost concentration camps & plastic coffins and mountain hide outs hummm lol Is it the water or something? something in the food?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I deleted my original post here because this things's been beaten to death already. No conspiracy here,it's just business as usual in China related to keeping GDP up.

edit on 7-2-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This has already been DEBUNKED.. The cities aren't ghost cities at all. They have low occupants from a housing bubble but it's not some conspiracy of "ghost cities."

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I watched a documentary on these cities.. The projected growth has stalled, now they sit with 2 or 3 occupants per block... Its no conspiracy... They focus these around projected plants and industrial areas.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Propaganda. The DPRK has been doing the same thing. Building empty cities to show the west what they're capable of.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
There's a moving boat.

Not sure if that is relevant, but it suggests at least one person is close to the city.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Mr lizard, this isnt revelant, but hope you have seen the sketch www.youtube.com... so funny go to 1:30 secs, good british humour

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Thanks for the info - it must be different to live in a big city with few people.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Sound like most of the apartments have been sold but not occupied yet due to lack of schools and hospitals in the area.

Astory to why there are ghost cities going up

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So the "ghost cities" for the coming apolcalypse turns out to be a single "ghost city" not yet filled due to screwed up economic planning?

Hmm.....I guess the ChiComs aren't any better than the rest of us after all!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join