It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Worried - The Ever Changing Weather

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Weather reporting and statical gathering has only been going on for 200 years in the states and 400 world wide or so.

My point is that we can only measure weather stats for this time peroid and we have no real long peroid to measure against the weather changes we have now.

It could be normal, I would be worried if the weather did not change!

john

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I agree with SIRR1. The amount of recorded weather data is so small there is little information to compare changes. Saying the weather is different from 10, 20 or 50 years ago is pointless and I'm not sure it is even accurate.

People want to believe they are living in a special time to give life meaning. It seems to be part of human nature.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well i still believe in what i have seen at 1st hand and that was with the british goverment so just imagine what the usa goverment is capable of. I believe it is all happening because of military actions as i said above, natural causes in climate change and i think the fact that the usa and british goverments have huge complexes in the north pole and south pole regions and that they have been playing around with the magnetic forces in these areas trying to harness these forces this is whats causing all these weather problems. Some may think im being a little crazy but im entitled to my own opinion aint i guys.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The science behind the weather is sound I have been tracking the weather changes for 20 years pluse I have also goin back to the 1800 to do a compleat study of weather also using gelogical evedience the weather for the last 5000 years give or take. Theres no point going back farther then 5000 years as you get into the Ice effect timeline then.
Anyway the point is the over all ocean temp has risen 2 degrees and over land temp has risan as much as 10 degres. a big part of this is the pavment that has taken over so much of our countrys as citys are just Giant heat sinks .
Now the ocean cerant slowing I hadent factered into my studies so that may very well change the end out come .But assuming we get no incredibal Down draft like the movie then what will happen is a New balancing of weather but this will take as much as a hundred years.
You see the extreame weather is cause by the Bigger temp differences .
In the north you still have extreme COLd wile in the south its warming up much faster and getting much hotter this causes the winds to get stronger thus pulling the cold air down farther clashing with the hot air causing more rain droughts and storms. The so called green house effect is gometric meaning its grows slowly at first but get faster and faster as time goes on. Like so start with a penny dobble it every day in less then a mounth you have over a million dollors.
the change in climat started in the 1700 with massive burning of coal for heat but no change in weather started untill much later because the co2 needed time to build up .Now with the burning of fossial fules the co2 in our air has went from 250 to 320 in less then twenty years and in another ten it will be over 600 parts per million. Anyway the point is the weather will get worse and worse in the next ten years untill the earth reaches a new balance . A green house possibly ice caps almost goin. Like back in the dino days. oR god forbid a massive downdraft pulling the air down from the stratis sphear instane Ice age. My monney is on the green house effect though. theres more evadence pointing to this out come then the other
BUT no need to worry about these weather changes as they arent going to be what causes our (humans) downfall. What you should be more conserined about is envierment collapse wich could happen any day now .
We have polutied and over fished our oceans to the Brink already .
And when the oceans collapse we are history .Farther more for all who like this dome and glome this Will happen its just a matter of time and (time is running out on the worlds oceans. A day a week a year very unlikly more the ten years. We reached the top of the hill fifteen years agaio now we are going down hill and picking up speed as we go.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
thesaint: Sure you are entitled to your opinion, but if you saying that you know something is happening and it is caused by government X which you saw first hand, then you need to provide some proof to back up your claims. Otherwise, you are just another anonymous Internet poster claiming that the sky is falling.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I know what your saying and im the one usually asking people for truth. I now make it my mission to gather as much proof as i can and i will keep you updated as i go along. watch this space. I have been so scared about mentioning stuff on sites cause of all the official secrets act stuff and i believe that goverment geeks monitor sites like this trying to nail someone but i promise to get as much proof as i can dudes.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
We in the Netherlands have pritty much the same weather as in England. Last year it was very very hot and this summer only rain with alot of heavy storms. I never saw that before. You can also see the weather is chaning. For example, spring was already starting late January, this was really really strange. Even we don't have cold winters with snow anymore. It seems that our climat becomes a rainy one. Don't know the right word for it. What can this all mean?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I do have to agree on the blacktop and concrete being the cause of temps to rise in a local area, but not over a large area, just to much earth and water to really make that much of a global increase.

The earth is always changing, Methane gas released from the ocean floor and from volcanic activity, the ash and gases released is the major cause of the slight increase in global warming.

There is volcanic action going on all the time all over the world, dumping tons of NATURAL pollutants in to the air, yes mankind has put a dent in the atmospheric conditions, but the earth is constantly cleansing and renewing itself, just look at the ozone hole at the south pole, you havent heard a word on it lately because its size has reduced to just about nothing.

Yes mankind needs to be more polution aware, which has been done over the last 20 years in the US and I think we are going in the right direction with EPA giudelines that are in place in the US, just now the rest of the world needs to follow along!

And in addition the sun is on a 21 year cycle of sun spot activity which can make the earth average temp warmer, so this is something we are going to have to live with.

john

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well I do think what mankind does to the environment is deplorable. I don't think that it is the major contributor to our changing weather.

The sun in not on a 21 year sunspot cycle, it's eleven and we are on our way towards the middle and supposedly low point. But as you know we've been observing the biggest eruptions on record in the recent past.

If it wasn't just Earth going through changes I may have leaned towards the mankind viewpoint, but it seems that all of the planets are going through some sort of changes at this time and at an alarming rate.

This is a link
www.enterprisemission.com...
to a census of planetary changes. It would seem that the cause may be coming from without. What this catalyst is I do not know. But I do think it may hold more in store.

Every fact in the article has a direct link to the source publication, excellent!

Sorry made a boo-boo

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Thanatos]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join