It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Worried - The Ever Changing Weather

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It seems that day after day week after week over the last few years, the weather is changing and people are really starting to notice.

Lots of discussion about Global Warming and the Poles Shifting, even a lot of news stories discussing the weather changes and sudden storms and events.

As found here :

Winter Weather Slams South American Countries : www.atsnn.com...

Floods wreak chaos in north Japan: news.bbc.co.uk...

Violent Weather Around the World : weather.yahoo.com... Many stories here.

Valhall's Wierd Weather Thread : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know there are many many more, too many to list.

My question is, does this bother you guys? Is anyone really scared ? Is there anything we can do about it ? Is an event like "The Day After Tomorrow" really coming ? What's really going to happen ?

I used to just "let it go", but anymore I start to pay more attention to the weather events and yes it is starting to worry me.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
another good thread thanks to Muaddib...

The Earth's Magnetic Flip : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I am the same way, lately; I have been paying attention with the weather.

I do think that these freak weather happenings are man-made.

Something else I thought about, what about the new satellite that they are launching into space? Could that possible have anything to do with weather control?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
admittedly, i havent read all the threads you mention. but, i know one thing. the same companies that give you your weather news also own the movies you watch and the advertisements you see. i think it could be a lot of hype to promote that movie.. umm... whatever it was called. the one with the funky weather. weather is the sort of thing where various freak occurences are happening all the time, but they are either played up or not, depending on how much is already occupying the news. possibly some decisions were made to increase the amount of 'freak weather' stories by the execs for whatever reason.

one way to verify this would be to examine the sources of the stories and see what companies they originate from and what movies are coming out.

anyway, just my two cents. another possibility is that the end of the world is nigh. or it could be HAARP.

-koji K.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Indeed, there have been storms here in London with high gale force winds and it is the summer time! It's wierd because it got really hot really early this year and now it is all screwed and rainy. I have been worrying about this.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm not so worried that it's "man made" weather changes.... not ruling it out either, could be things that "man" has done causing all these changes.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well the climate is always changing. But manmade global warming definatley is not helping our situation. But theres another thread that was on ATSNN about the north atlantic current slowing down. Anyhow yes we are in the middle of a global climate change. There was a thread about the world getting dryer. But it appears that the Day After Tommorow is coming. Luckily it probably won't be as severe or as sudden. It is happening as I type this but it will be somewhat gradual. Don't worry we'll all be long gone before anything noticeable happens. The only way to see this is with proper instuments.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am looking for information about this new satellite that is being launched into space but I can�t find any.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on this.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I personally don't doubt for one second that "climate change" is upon us.

On the other hand, (playing devil's advocate) could it be just that in the era of instant information from all corners of the world, that the impression is created of crazy wheather everywhere?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ahh... found it. It is an interesting read. Plus, it has to do with the climate.

Aura will study Earth's atmosphere, climate change

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As one who studies and watches the weather all the time, I too have noticed (especially the last two years) the weather going through big changes. Why is all this happening?

Man made? lol, I seriously doubt it.

Global warming? That's part of it. But so is global cooling.

Man made global warming? You know...I don't think so. The earth goes through cycles. That's proven. All this stuff would happen wheather humans are here or not. However, are we accelerating the process? That's certainly a possibility.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
In case you have missed it I posted the following ATSNN SCI/TECH report some time ago...

Satellites Record Weakening North Atlantic Current

I think it can help explain the growing extreme, unusual weather that is now happening everywhere.

Many of the weather events can be tied directly to the changes in the ocean currents. Without these ocean currents for example most of europe would be a very cold place.

But on a global scale these currents moderate climate and if it weakens it can cause dramatic change. It has happened before and is part of a natural cycle that has gone on for millions of years. Man may be speeding things up a bit by producing greenhouse gas which adds to global warming. That warming is melting polar ice and the introduction of fresh water into the salty ocean can and does weaken the ocean currents. when this current has slowed to a near stop in the distant past Earth entered a time of glaciation or an ice age.

Weather extremes are a sign of this change.

Time will answer these many questions best... watch the weather around you, and really watch how things go this winter on a global scale.

Gazz

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
thanks Gazz, that was a good article, one question though, is it really going to get bad again ? Another ice age or worse ? I know that we really don't have the answer for that... but it worries me.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
thanks Gazz, that was a good article, one question though, is it really going to get bad again ? Another ice age or worse ? I know that we really don't have the answer for that... but it worries me.

I would not be two worried about the near future elevatedone. The most we will face is more extreme and unusual weather. You may see storms that move much slower and are much more powerful. And can reach as high as 60,000 feet.

The first real sign that the north atlantic current is getting very weak will be when most of europe gets very cold.

These are amazing times we live in.

Mother nature is about to claim a new respect from all life on this planet.

Some experts believe that the climate shift to extreme global cooling could take as little as 20 years and some say as long as 150 years... so there is still a lot to learn.

Gazz

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
As one who studies and watches the weather all the time, I too have noticed (especially the last two years) the weather going through big changes. Why is all this happening?

Man made? lol, I seriously doubt it.

US Makes Weather Control Powder

Weather Modification

What we do as mankind is having a direct effect on weather cycles. How could it not? There seems to be no spring or fall anymore, as it remains cold well into April, and warm through to December( in Chicago at least). Remember snowfall as a kid? 2-3, sometimes even 4 feet. Not that much anymore. And this isn't a 1 or 2 year statistic. Something definately is wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
just adding to the discussion :

High winds, hail slam Midwest
Wind gusts up to 80 mph

AP) -- Thousands of homes and businesses had no electricity Wednesday in the path of a long line of thunderstorms that stretched from Tennessee to the Great Lakes.

Wind gusted to 80 mph in Kentucky and Tennessee on Tuesday, and hail stones as big as softballs were reported in parts of Illinois, the National Weather Service said.

As the storms passed through central Illinois, a tornado leveled a manufacturing plant Tuesday at Roanoke and roofs were blown off several houses, officials said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
On the other hand, (playing devil's advocate) could it be just that in the era of instant information from all corners of the world, that the impression is created of crazy wheather everywhere?

I think that has a part (small or large I don't know) in this. I wouldn't call the recent focus hysteria but I think nowadays it's so easy to be informed about worldwide events that we naturally start collating the information and forming coincidences. I think that trend analysis has come a long way in things like weather due to the power of computers. That also plays a part -- we have much more information that is collected nowadays -- no more traveling to a site to make observations a few times a month/year, etc.

But I do think that the weather is getting more intense lately.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well im really interested in this kinda stuff. im sorry but i dont have the proof but i have seen man made weather change at first hand. I used to serve in the army until a few years ago. I remember we had a lesson on how the goverment could use aircraft to spray some sort of chemical at very high altitude this would in turn make it rain. The same tactic is used to infect the population with the flu virus and the 2 can be done together to maximize the chance of infecting a certain target. The rain making operatons though were used in the gulf war and i believe they were used for the first time in the vietnam war. The reason for doing this was to demomoralise the enemy ground troops and to ground any enemy aircraft. I seen at first hand how this was done in jordan/iraq in 1994. The air force planes were tristars however instead of seats they are fitted with huge liquid tanks. They got carried away that day and it was torrential rain for hours and this in turn lowers the ground temprature and in some cases can affect the weather in that region for days. There is a lot going on and i will try my best to gather some evidence. Obviously a lot of you have read up on chem trails well i think there is a link between the 2.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
US Makes Weather Control Powder

Weather Modification

What we do as mankind is having a direct effect on weather cycles. How could it not? There seems to be no spring or fall anymore, as it remains cold well into April, and warm through to December( in Chicago at least). Remember snowfall as a kid? 2-3, sometimes even 4 feet. Not that much anymore. And this isn't a 1 or 2 year statistic. Something definately is wrong.

That's small scale stuff. I'm talking about on a global scale. I doubt human technology will ever be that advanced.

Different places are affected different ways. Here on the east coast, the past couple of years have been way snowier and icier than the decade before (except '93, '96). And winter seems to be starting earlier and ending earlier. Summer have been normal temp wise (if not a bit cooler)and wet.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
....My question is, does this bother you guys? Is anyone really scared ? ...

The simple answer is "no" EO: why be scared about something over which we have little or no control?? What is the point of investing negative emotions into something that we are powerless to prevent?? If it happens, it happens - that's my fatalistic �0.02 worth, anyway.

At any stage, death could happen to any of us: a car accident, a meteorite or asteroid crashing into the Earth, a "simple" heart attack - anything can - and *will* (in time) take us all out. That's the price of being born and alive, isn't it? We're all going to die eventually (and some of us older ones statistically sooner, rather than later, too
)

The longer answer: "no": yes, we can all lobby our political representatives and demand that we - the developed world - put a restriction on greenhouse gas emissions, reduce consumerism, live a healthier lifestyle, distribute wealth more evenly across all peoples, etc. However, are people (you and I) *prepared* to give up all the trappings of technological society on the possibility that this will alleviate any of the global warming conditions (if such is the cause) responsible for the abnormal weather that's being reported?? Tough question really...

But am I "scared"? In the words of the great Alfred E Neuman "What me worry?".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join