It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this just in something fell from the sky and exploded in kentucky.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been suggested by anyone else - only been skimming as was late into thread - but I was thinking that if there is a link between the copters the day before and the event perhaps it was the expected return of a satelite or space junk they were preparing for?

Probably from what I've read the two things are seperate and it sounds like a bolide of transformer as a lot of folks have said - but spacejunk is another possibility perhaps?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shikori
What if its a satellite; that would explain the choppers. Look at this report.
Comments: Daniel Graves, a space science major at MSU: "I was in Morehead at the time of the fireball, we were actually making observations of a distant AGN with our 21m radio telescope, and I had just stepped outside to check on cloud cover in the direction we were observing; clouds can attenuate the radio signal slightly, so we have to know where it is and compensate for it. When I saw the fireball I instantly assumed that it was debris. I've seen other satellite debris before (last years ASAT test in February). The coloring and sound matched nearly dead on. The fireball took about 7 seconds to cross the sky, rather slow compared to other things I've seen. It was definitely ablating material; it looked like a burning bright-white magnesium filament."

I just posted that man

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
at around 9:35 pm in stanford kentucky
something fell from the sky flashed so bright is lit up the entire sky a deep blue.
Then knocked all the power out in the entire town.
When radio came back on the local radio station was telling for something fell from the sky and cause the power outage,
This is hot of the press's.....Just happen.
So as soon as i get news or radio anything to back this up i will bring it here first.

my parent's and sisters all live in stanford i live a county over roughly 20 miles.
and they all know how i am about ufo's..they had to call em and tell me lol
So it might have been a meteorite.idk

why don't u go out on foot and do some independent investigation, it's pretty annoying when something really does happen and all the evidence and traces of it, vanish mysteriously when 'fire fighters' and personnel show up.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
i am hoping it will be on the 10 or 11 o clock new's.
Btw i live 15 or 20 miles away from stanford near a airport.
and 5 helicopter's flying side by side fairly close just went in that direction..so seems odd 5 helicopters flying close like that at night
So waiting for any news...sorry just had to post as it was happening,

Pls PLs, people don't just write this stuff, try to gather as much evidence as possible, camcorders, photographs.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by shikori

Sorry dude - just skimming on my lunch hour - didn't get to your post - or maybe we crossed - don't know -
Hopefully we'll get an answer sometime to this one - not another Roswell open ender!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
not a whisper in the news looked everywhere, just not seeing it

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I'll take Space Junk for $10,000 thanks Regis

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
no they wont, but that wont stop the media from talking about the flash and power outages.

reply to post by Ancient Champion

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 01010101010101

all these crashes .. im starting to think our planet might be parked next to a bad intersection in space.. im quite sure thats gotta hurt galactic property values...

on a side note.. sounds like a transformer blew.. people might be getting things mixed up.. is thier a video of it falling yet? transformer blowing throwing blue electricity in the air.. power goes out.. and top or part of transformer on fire from the oil in a transformer (it can happen) ... falls to the ground.. sounds alot like what might have happened.. just got the sequence of events... did the falling object happen before or after the explosion?
edit on 8-2-2011 by McTurbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endure
I am just off Fort Knox and I hear jet activity in the direction of Stanford. It is wierd though it sounds like jets up high, but muffled and the sound cuts in and out. We have alot of snow on the ground and some cloud cover so i can't see anything, and maybe that is affecting the sound.

Edited to add that a transformer was the first thing that came to my mind too, but that makes me wonder why the op was so sure it fell from the sky.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Endure because: (no reason given)

Runway
If you are just off of Fort Knox, you are just West of the approach path for Runway 1 at Louisville International Airport, which means the sound of the jets would be coming from the direction of Stanford. And the Louisville airport is the hub for UPS airfreight and their fleet is very busy at night.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by McTurbo

That's what it sounds like to me too. Call the power company and the local fire department. Both would have been called out on this and start from the ground up. This is going nowhere in a hurry

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
here in the uk about 12 noonish we had a power outage for 5minutes all the shops started closing up, haven't had one in over 2years
Where are you in UK? I'm NE and we've been having weird power outages for days, up to 5 or 6 a day.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunLightyear
oh okay, that would explain the helicopters... guess my posting from above is then irrelevant.

Fort Knox and Fort Campbell, two major Army bases, are located in Kentucky. Helicopters from both bases will fly across the state; I often see them over my neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd
If you are just off of Fort Knox, you are just West of the approach path for Runway 1 at Louisville International Airport, which means the sound of the jets would be coming from the direction of Stanford. And the Louisville airport is the hub for UPS airfreight and their fleet is very busy at night.

Louisville International/Standiford is the third-busiest cargo airport in the world; that should tell you how busy the UPS fleet based there is.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
OP you have stated that people said it crashed like thunder when it happened. Why is everyone referencing transformers as the possible cause? Sure if you are in the near vicinity of a transformer blowing it would make some noise but not enough to be equal to thunder from a distance away and shake the ground. Besides if you were close enough to hear the transformer blowing you'd definitely know it was a transformer blowing and not something else I would think unless the people near the explosion were facing a different direction or obstructed from the blowout visually, which should in my mind block the sound waves from reaching you as well, or enough to not make you think it was thunder.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Honestly, I have no idea what it is but, thought they could start with the power companies and fire departments in the surrounding area to start somewhere. Obviously news will not be forthcoming in this incidence... Hate to see it fall by the wayside

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
check out the very first short capture of UFO.... what do you think? Could your sighting be linked to a similar event?

edit on 8-2-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: addind text

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
1) blue light
2) power outages
3) helos
4) satellite
5) heart attacks/chest pains
6) rumor of 'something fell from the sky'

this would make a great conspiracy scenario / X-files movie, even if it was just a transformer and coincidences.
I wonder if this will become part of the lore. now we just need to find some wreckage and this could be the Roswell of the 21st ctry.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
that's interesting, a few days ago (4th) in my country, an ambulance driver called emergency (similar to 911 in US) because he saw a fireball coming from the sky... he also stated it ignited a forest (but that is questionable, since village people burn dry grass on their land this time of year)

www.24sata.hr...

a few commentators on the page also confirm that they saw a bluish fireball falling from the sky in the same time

probably some space debris as someone mentioned before... maybe there is a war going on in space that we don't know anything about...?

edit on 8-2-2011 by donhuangenaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hurry up go check it! might be a little boy in a space ship!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join