It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this just in something fell from the sky and exploded in kentucky.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
REDACTED
edit on 8-2-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Sorry i did not post back yet.
The time was 8:35 i said 9:35 cause i got woke up by my sisters and parents and family friends in stanford telling me what they saw and was on the radio.
i thought the clock said 9:35 lol but WWE didnt come on till 9 so i know it was 8:35 lol

I have talked personally with 7 witnesses.
All saw a bright blueish/green light fill the night sky and then a big BOOOOM as if it was thunder.
A few even said it shook the ground.
Then the Power all went out instantly at least for alot of stanford.

My sister was in a resturant when it all happen and everyone there saw the same thing.
Then the local radio station she said at the resturant when power came back on..was saying something fell from the sky and caused power outage's.

I was assuming its a meteor or something.

My wife even called her friend who works at the 9/11 building as a dispatcher.
But unfortunately she didnt work tonight.

So nothing else i can say folk's but what alot of people have told me.
I have searched news ect.. nothing is coming up i even got the scanner on.
And not one broadcast from stanford for this event.

So was it a transformer ?
could have been i got no idea i wasnt there.

Like i said every person i talked to was on separate side of the town and all saw a big blueish green flash out of there windows.
So if it was a transformer look's to me i had a 8 mile radius at least to fill the night sky like that.

Then 4 or 5 helicopter's flew over my house shortly after i posted all close together.
So it wasnt medical or news.

What was it i got no idea people.
But everything i have told you is exactly what i have been told.

For crying out loud my niece heard it on the radio them saying something fell from the sky and caused the power to go out.
She thought aliens was invading and she wouldnt go to sleep lol
So i am telling ya it was on the local radio otherwise she wouldnt have heard it.

Why is no one saying anything now?
Like i said I got no idea.

Hope that clear's some thing up for yall.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

What was the name of the radio station?

-m0r

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
reply to post by TheAmused

What was the name of the radio station?

-m0r

www.wpbkfm.com...
like i said i did not hear this broadcast..
So i can only assume it was that station for it is the only local station there.

But if you ask my niece it must have sounded like war of the worlds broadcast all over again lol
The way people called me from stanford telling me what they saw and heard.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
Like i said every person i talked to was on separate side of the town and all saw a big blueish green flash out of there windows.
So if it was a transformer look's to me i had a 8 mile radius at least to fill the night sky like that.

They can be seen for a lot further distance then that:

About 3:30 into this video:

The beginning of this video:

edit on 2/8/2011 by defcon5 because: fix vid tags

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidCrystalz

No way!!! That's awesome!!! Maybe we even know each other!

You are thee first I've "met" on ATS from Rockcastle.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Where was Henny Penny in all this?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The choppers really made me wonder at first, but I may have an explanation for them, unfortunately.

My mother told me that at around 8:30 or so, the ambulances around here were going crazy because there were so many people having chest pains that there weren't enough ambulances in the county to respond to all the calls. It's possible that maybe they had to get med choppers for all these people? It's VERY ODD... so many people at once. I'm not sure that any of the choppers would have had to have flown over Stanford, but I suppose it's a possibility.

I know for a fact that they were flying them tonight, because my uncle had a heart attack while I was typing in this thread. He had to be flown to Lexington. I'm really upset about it because I don't know much right now. He's alive... I do know that, but he had a major heart attack. This was confirmed before they flew him out from our little county hospital.

Anyway, I'm staying with my grandmother until it's safe for her to go to the hospital. We're not taking her until he's in recovery because she gets so stressed out that she'd likely be the next heart attack patient. *sigh*

On a side note, if you pray, please pray for my uncle and the entire family. Everyone is very scared. Last I heard, he was stable but in a lot of pain and very sick.

*****************UPDATE*******************

My uncle is ok, for the most part! He has already been through surgery, had a blockage suctioned out (or however they do it), a stint put in and feeling much better. We may be a bunch of hillbilly rednecks here in Kentucky, but we've got some awesome hospitals!!!
edit on 2/8/2011 by gemineye because: update

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Just a coincidence that an unusual amount of black helicopters in Kentucky was reported here at ATS one day ago?
edit on 8-2-2011 by SunLightyear because: changes

edit on 8-2-2011 by SunLightyear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
It sounds, apart from the actual impact with the ground, like a bolide of some sort. As a term in astronomy it pretty much means a super bright fireball . These have been known in various colours, and when they come into the atmosphere, they can light up the sky like daylight for a few seconds.
There are plenty of videos around ATS for comparison if anyone saw this event and wishes to compare it to other bolide instances.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

oh okay, that would explain the helicopters... guess my posting from above is then irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Wow gemineye, very sorry about your Uncle.

You and your folks got some prayers from Ohio.

Take care and be safe.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
stargates open, get ready. yeah, completely implausible, but on the off chance im right.... its been a pleasure to serve with all of you

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SunLightyear

That only explains the helicopters that the OP mentioned tonight, MAYBE. He said there were several of them so that's why he didn't think they were med choppers, but since there were so many heart attack patients tonight, it's possible that they could have been flying together, but it's also possible that they weren't med choppers at all and they were out for an entirely different purpose. I didn't think choppers would fly in this weather, because they usually don't when visibility is bad, so I thought it really suspicious that he was hearing choppers because if something was special enough for them to be flying in a snow storm, it could have meant it was something HUGE!

I just found out that they were flying the med choppers tonight because of my uncle being on one.

I was the one that started the thread about the black choppers hovering around for the past week. Those definitely were not med choppers! They were all black and unmarked, so that's still weird. I didn't see or hear any choppers of any kind at all today, until the one went over with my uncle in it.

edit on 2/8/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Thank you! It's appreciated more than you'll ever know!

I didn't want to derail the thread, but I thought the choppers the OP heard may have been explained by all the heart attack patients tonight and figured since I was explaining the situation that I would go ahead and ask for prayers. I just found out that he was talking when they unloaded him at the hospital... very good news and a bit of a relief, even if only a small one! He made it there ok and he's in one of the best cardiology hospitals in the country, so that makes me feel a bit better. I'll still be hanging around ATS for distraction tonight until I can head to the hospital myself.

Thanks again. I do appreciate it so much!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Time to get yourself out there hunting for the fallen object? If it didn't explode in the upper atmosphere, those things are worth more than gold you know....by my meaning "those things" I mean meteorites...Good Hunting.

If it was a transformer then alas they will not give you any amount of coinage....but here's a bright new silver Groat for your troubles.

edit on 8-2-2011 by DreamerOracle because: adding

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Sounds like heavy snow and / or heavy ice build up has brought down some HV power lines.

The 'blue flashes' lighting up the sky, is characteristic of electrical arcing.

The arcing would happen if the lines came down and shorted to ground.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
at around 9:35 pm in stanford kentucky
something fell from the sky flashed so bright is lit up the entire sky a deep blue....it might have been a meteorite.idk

Yeah, my bad. It was my old laptop. Goddamn Vista. I drop-kicked it out of a northeast-facing window before heading to work, tonight. Sorry for the surprise.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
What if its a satellite; that would explain the choppers. Look at this report.
Comments: Daniel Graves, a space science major at MSU: "I was in Morehead at the time of the fireball, we were actually making observations of a distant AGN with our 21m radio telescope, and I had just stepped outside to check on cloud cover in the direction we were observing; clouds can attenuate the radio signal slightly, so we have to know where it is and compensate for it. When I saw the fireball I instantly assumed that it was debris. I've seen other satellite debris before (last years ASAT test in February). The coloring and sound matched nearly dead on. The fireball took about 7 seconds to cross the sky, rather slow compared to other things I've seen. It was definitely ablating material; it looked like a burning bright-white magnesium filament."

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Endure

I live in the northern adirondack mountains of ny, and oddly enough, my wife, as she was out smoking made a comment about the "aliens being here" or some smart remark and called me to the back door to listent to what sounded like a jet, cutting in and out, almost like a German buzz bomb from WW2. Weird weird weird

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join