It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this just in something fell from the sky and exploded in kentucky.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I went to Lincoln Cty, Ky Topix - I figure if it isn't there it just isn't. And it wasn't. They haven't had a police report for 2 days, lol. I looked in the news and the forum. So off to bed and hope it is nothing, will check back in the morning.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
When radio came back on the local radio station was telling for something fell from the sky and cause the power outage...

There is one very simple way to find out if this happened or not.

What radio station were you listening to?

It is only a matter of calling them and asking if this report is true.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Abductee001

That post was about last night. Not sure if it's related to what's happening now or not or if hiyo and Amused are one in the same. I know for a fact that power is out in a neighboring county and the person who told me knows nothing of ATS, so power outages are backed up. Would be strange if the same thing happened two nights in a row.

I hope he's out looking around for whatever happened. I can't find anything online and the only other thing I can confirm is that there are power outages, so without knowing where to go, I guess I'll just stay home.
I so wanted to go looking for something though, lol.

I guess it's possible that the OP's power went back out again and maybe that's why he can't get online? Don't know though. But he doesn't have a history of hoaxes and has been known to freely admit when he's wrong.
edit on 2/7/2011 by gemineye because: spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Guys give the OP time to report back, if something blew out a transformer they might have blacked out his power while fixing it. Additionally, the fact that these were reported two nights in a row is not anything that makes the story any less believable as transformers blow out or get hit by vehicles on a pretty regular basis. They are also not considered to be a big enough event for the news to report on, so lack of confirmation from the media is not really that telling.

Keeping all that in mind, lets not go off into making accusations just yet. If anything my gut feeling is that the OP might simply have not considered a more terrestrial source for a fairly common event, or they simply may have never experienced one first hand before. Misidentification is not the same thing as being intentionally misleading.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Good idea to give the OP some time - there are some weather concerns in Ky now.

May have lost electric.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Agreed. Apparently the power outage is fairly wide-spread so that's likely what's going on. I know it almost drove me insane for the ten minutes or so that I couldn't get back in here to watch the thread and my power wasn't out, so I imagine that if his power is out, he's probably going nuts, lol.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I can help you to eliminate any man made thingie that had been in a normal (non-stationary) orbit. What was the trajectory? Did this thing come in at a shallow angle from the south west or west? If so it probably was space junk that we put up there.

Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I've witnessed a transformer blow due to flooding and the blue light that is emitted is truly spectacular. The light can be seen for miles. However the duration of illumination is fairly short, just a couple of seconds. The blue light is followed by an immediate power outage in the vacinity. I suspect that's what has happened here. It's pretty cool to witness actually when you know actually caused it. However, what intersts me in this post is what the OP said he heard on the radio, that the broadcaster said "something fell from the sky"....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In case you guys didn't see this thread that groingrinder just started, you might find it interesting. Live feed for police scanners across the country.

Also, I was wondering what county Stanford is in?
Anyone know?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

It's in Lincoln Co. Thanks for that. I'll check it out too. I did check the local scanners here and found nothing.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Looks like there's nothing available for Lincoln Co. so I'm listening to Boyle Co. If it was something big, they would be discussing it there also, since it's not far at all outside of Stanford. Doesn't seem to be ANYTHING coming across though. Odd.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Beat me to it. Nothing for Lincoln & all the other counties around it are silent.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hey guys, Been awhile since I have posted in here. I just wanted to let everyone know, that word from several of my family members that live in Stanford is they did not notice anything. My Grandma says the lights flickered for a second or two. I have many many family members in the Standford, Danville, Harrodsburg, and Lexington areas.. None of them on my facebook inquiry knew anything.

All the Best,
-Thorn

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You people are just amazing. You guys really think they will say on the news that it was a UFO?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by mr20121221
reply to post by TheAmused

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, does your compass still work, polar shifts. Most likely aliens and your missing it!!!

Haarp and the LHC finally blew up

We're all dead....

We have ALL been dead ALL along........this little romp through Earths existence is nothing more than a tiny little dream.....mere practice for 'the good stuff' once we are ready

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hey guys have you seen or heard about this possible Youtube UFO cover-up going on past couple weeks or so? I can confirm what this guy says as I check YT almost everyday and have been very aggravated with what's been going on when I do a UFO search by upload date...

www.youtube.com...

I tried starting a new thread about this but ATS won't let me as I don't have 20 posts yet, I'm a noob here.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
You people are just amazing. You guys really think they will say on the news that it was a UFO?

Less amazing than assuming it is a UFO because of a vague report in an internet forum with absolutely no evidence it was a UFO.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Nope! lol. Meteors tend to get reported though. There wasn't anything on the news tonight, but this did happen right before it came on. I don't even watch the news, but I listened to it tonight, just to see if anything was mentioned.

I am kind of surprised that they didn't mention the power outages. They usually report that kind of thing and I know from other sources... people that I know personally, that the power is out, so who knows... maybe they weren't informed in time?

Major power outages around here are always reported because there's not usually much to report on here, hehe. It gives them something to talk about.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Hey guys have you seen or heard about this possible Youtube UFO cover-up going on past couple weeks or so? I can confirm what this guy says as I check YT almost everyday and have been very aggravated with what's been going on when I do a UFO search by upload date...

Question...have you bothered watching those videos in question, the black screens with the text?

I doubt either you or the idiot who made the video you posted has.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

So you assume at face value that is was a UFO?

As I type this NOTHING is on twitter. Not one news report that I can find, unless I missed a link somewhere.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join