It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this just in something fell from the sky and exploded in kentucky.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'm thinking this is what's up.. but I didn't watch the video yet.

Enjoy.

Crash causes power outage

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
I'm thinking this is what's up.. but I didn't watch the video yet.

Enjoy.

Crash causes power outage

Thanks for the post whit this information was exactly what I was looking for well I guess this explains everything no need to add more speculations, the facts speaks for it self.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BenoV

Umm first off a car crash doesn't fall from the sky or cause a giant blue green exlposion. Even if it did happen to hit a transformer that was on a power line that would have been fixed in a matter of hours. Furthremore it wouldn't have affected as many people in other counties that were claiming power outages either.

Secondly it happened at 930 and as clairified by the OP on around page 6-8 it did indeed occur at 835pm not 935pm. So I do not think this explains it at all. Not to mention that after looking again this didn't even happen on Monday the 7th which was the originally posting of the OP in the first place. This occurred on Tuesday the 8th.

Wrong hour, wrong day, wrong everything, so sorry doesn't explain anything.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
this is going on for the third day now, what is wrong with you folks.
theres no way this could be kept quit if something had happened.
i don't know what the population of the county or town this was to have
supposedly happened in. but if something like that had happened somebody,
would have said something. i mean theres no way that the tptb, could have
managed to shut everybody up. i'm sure that if they went as far as throwing a blanket
over it somebody would find a way to spill the beans. isn't it true every body loves dirty laundry.

got the bubble headed bleach blonde that comes on at 5, she can tell you about the U--FO crash with a gleam in her eye, it's interesting when people lie, give us drity laundry

edit on 9-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: spellin

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
just for those that don't know the song

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
Well I have read through all of this and didn't see anything confirming anything about this. I have been unable to find anything on the local news for the area, so I am not sure what to believe on this one. However, I took the liberty of writing to the radio station the OP mentioned.

I am a researcher for a small paranormal group in Asheville NC and I was wanting to confirm a report we got. We were told that something fell from the sky near or around Stanford, KY. The claimant said that this happend on the 7th of February at 835pm and that you all reported it on your radio station that something fell from the sky and had knocked out power to the area. I was just wanting to find out if you could confirm this report and if you have any more details on it as I am unable to find any information. Thanks Josh

This was sent the manager of the station: jsmith@wpbkfm.com www.wpbkfm.com...

Any reply? i've heard nothing from the Police chief or the two from the radio station.
I think this thread should be closed or put in the Hoax bin due to the stanford forum.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Abductee001

Actually I was getting ready to post here that I haven't ever heard back from them which I find interesting that they won't even confirm or deny whether they broadcast something. I am thinking either they got slammed with emails about it, they figured I was some sort of quack, or they aren't answering for other reasons.. Maybe they have been turned into Pod People lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone else saw this was reported to MUFON as well as I found this article online. Apparently there was a UFO sighting early Wednesday morning in Greenup County, Kentucky. Here is the article with respect to The Daily Independent:

Daily Independent (Ashland, KY)
February 11, 2011
Out of this world
UFO reported in the dark early morning sky over Greenup County
Tim Preston
The Independent

FLATWOODS — Larry and Cathy Martin weren’t expecting to see an unidentified flying object as they delivered copies of The Independent early Wednesday morning, although both say they had plenty of time to watch the oblong object with red-and-green lights hovering in the sky before it suddenly gained altitude and flew off to the west.

A spokesman for the Greenup County 911 Center said a call was received shortly before 2:30 a.m. Wednesday reporting a UFO “moving and darting around” in the western sky with a “pulsating red light.”

The Martins, who have been delivering The Independent for six or seven years, said they noticed police officers looking into the early-morning sky and became curious about what they might be looking at.

“We were passing papers and saw the police in the parking lot at the animal clinic (Guardian Animal Medical Center in Flatwoods) with binoculars. I asked what they were doing and they said they got a UFO call,” Larry Martin said, explaining the officers then handed him their binoculars so he could see for himself.

“I saw a red-and-green light, not moving at all. It was kind of long ... oblong,” he said, later describing the object as being shaped like a cigar. “I watched it for probably 10 minutes.”

His wife, Cathy, provided further details.

“The object was hovering for about 10 minutes. It was oblong with red-and-green lights. It was too high to be a helicopter and not high enough to be an airplane,” she said. “It then rose up real fast and took off to the west and it was gone completely out of sight. We didn’t know what it was. The police said they didn’t know what it was either.”

While she doesn’t deny the object might have been a weather balloon or some other more common object, Mrs. Martin said she is certain she would have recognized the object if it had been an airplane or a helicopter, adding her husband is a Vietnam veteran who would have easily identified the object if it had been a chopper.

“He said there was no way it was a helicopter,” she said with certainty.

John Parker at the Ashland Regional Airport in Worthington said that facility was “closed and locked up tighter than a drum” at that time in the morning, and added he was personally unaware of any aircraft in local airspace that might have been confused for an unidentified flying object.

An air-traffic controller in the tower at Tri-State Airport said, “Not that I’m aware of,” when asked if he had any knowledge of anything that might have appeared to be a UFO in the local skies early Wednesday morning.

TIM PRESTON can be reached at tpreston@dailyindependent.

com or (606) 326-2651.

Looking into locating and contacting the couple. Maybe they can post some info on here about what they saw.

edit on 12-2-2011 by OhioUFOHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Good heavens, if aliens land in Kentucky, they might think we all talk like that.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I live in Kentucky.....
Not all of us disgrace the human race when we speak. Just most of us.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

No problem...in fact I have already posted those links to others (either in part or in full). So don't think it never does any good. A tiny ripple can cause a Tsunami after all.....or is a Butterfly's wing can cause a Hurricane......Something like that!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

All it takes is the news not reporting on it, actually. Let me give you an example that I witnessed myself. I was living in Naples Florida at the time, which is a pretty rich community....lots of movie stars/rock musicians live there....mostly old rich folks though! LOL! Anyway one day I walk outside only see a huge line of police cars heading to one of the larger houses just down the way from the Condo I was in. Everyone from the Condo complex I was at was outside on their porch watching this. Suddenly Huge Military Vehicles with Swat Teams started heading down. Of course I started asking around, and got a few different stories about what was going on...What most people were saying though (with slight variations to the story) was that a Man was holding his entire family at gun point, and had his house filled with Assault Rifles and such. I watched until it was all over, and they carted someone off (it lasted for a few hours at least). and I just naturally figured that I would hear the whole story on the news. Days, then weeks past, without a single mention by any local media. Basically they didn't want the story getting out because they were afraid it would hurt the reputation of their town. So while we all knew the truth....as far as the rest of the world knew it had never happened.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'd say the chances of it being a space rock are higher than you might think. From what I can tell from studying the records of the past decade or so, we are currently experiencing a large increase in the average number and size of fireballs this year.

I've been tracking the reports in this thread:

Welcome to the shooting gallery: fireball incidence 2005:1.28/day 2011:4.94/day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add any fireballs you personally have observed with their characterisitics, date, time, location, effects, etc.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
HOLY **** that looks unreal!!

POSSIBLE GOVERNMENT COVERUP IS AT HAND

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Secondly it happened at 930 and as clairified by the OP on around page 6-8 it did indeed occur at 835pm not 935pm. So I do not think this explains it at all. Not to mention that after looking again this didn't even happen on Monday the 7th which was the originally posting of the OP in the first place. This occurred on Tuesday the 8th.

Wrong hour, wrong day, wrong everything, so sorry doesn't explain anything.

Tuesday the 8th, 8:35 PM you say?

How is it possible that this thread was started before that time then?

Umm first off a car crash doesn't fall from the sky or cause a giant blue green exlposion.

Well , first off, show us some evidence that the two events (falling object/power outage) were in any way connected?

I have yet to see any, or for that matter, what time this falling object was supposed to have been observed.

Just saying they occurred roughly at the same time (if they did??), tells us nothing.

Assuming we don't have a time for the sighting of the falling object, we are stuck, since it's impossible to say if the events are connected. Anything that fell would have had to have been seen minutes before the time of the flash, assuming something fell and knocked out the transformer.

Meteors (falling objects) can be seen on any night, although the vast majority don't make it to the ground, and when they do it is usually because the meteoroid/asteroid broke up at high altitude, showering the ground with relatively small fragments. Meteors that do this are seen for many 100's of km in every direction, yet I can see no reports that match the time listed on the AMS.

Basically, meteors that drop rocks are relatively rare, but people see shooting stars/bright meteors/fireballs every night. So the fact that someone saw something falling, and that there happened to be a transformer blast around the same time is meaningless. The transformer could have gone on any night, and you would still be able to find someone who saw a meteor that same night if you had the time to look.

Also, if your theory is right, and a meteorite hit the transformer, why has nothing been recovered? It would be all over the MSM, since nothing like that has ever happened before!

Sorry, but I don't see any evidence for the theory that a meteorite was responsible for this. You would expect many people to have seen a big fireball that is capable of dropping meteorites. A falling meteorite will also create sonic booms, but I have not seen any mention of booms here.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join