It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this just in something fell from the sky and exploded in kentucky.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by 9Cib27

I didn't catch all of your arguement with the other fellow. But I just wanted to thank you for the list of links. I appreciate it.

I really appeciate that... I sometimes feel as if it is pointless for me to post on this website. But as long as 1 person sees the links

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
Everyone check this out!!

www.salem-news.com...

this is on the front page of news.google.com!!

This is what is going on OMG!

The pole shift is real. The Super storms are real. The event in Kentucky is the beginning

Quick run for the hills.....get in your bunkers or bomb shelters. That story was a hugh exaggeration and a conglomoration of mismatched facts. Calm down. The world is not ending. Not today anyway. Try enjoying your life. Doom will come when it does or not. No sense worrying about it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It always makes me laugh when someone says something like dont worry about it, go enjoy your life. This is ATS for christs sake, its made to worry about stuff like that. If not here, then where? Dummy.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by 9Cib27

Not to worry.....there is not going to be a pole shift or anything else. We are more at risk of being hit by an asteroid than anything else...there is no "planet X either.....I just wanted to put this out there so people can stop worrying themselves to death....Read this article.....this guy explains everything and sure made me feel better

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Excellent! Really excellent. I need to favorite place that website so that I can paste it to every post about Nibiru planet x 2012 or the end of the world. Thank you very much!
edit on 8-2-2011 by karen61057 because: cuz I will never ever win a spelling bee....but I'm good at other things so...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackghost

No need for name calling. When someone is clearly distressed because of some trumped up story its human nature to want to calm them down and try to get them to think clearly. Sorry for being human.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

You are most welcome....I just wanted both views to be out there....

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

The fact is that anything that large headed for the inner planets would be visable to us already. With the naked eye. Are there any astrologers talking about this? Would an amature astrologer with his own telescope feel compelled to keep an object approaching Earth a secret? Hell NO! He or she would want it named after him/herself. No one in the field of astrology is talking about anything like this.Are all those private astrologers under the govt's belt too? I think not. I have a telescope and I have not recieved a memo from the govt advising me to keep secret any large objects approaching Earth . And I wouldnt !

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by 9Cib27

Not to worry.....there is not going to be a pole shift or anything else. We are more at risk of being hit by an asteroid than anything else...there is no "planet X either.....I just wanted to put this out there so people can stop worrying themselves to death....Read this article.....this guy explains everything and sure made me feel better

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

It's people like you wrong with this website. I posted a link with credible source and you quickly write it off. The fact is neither side of the argument knows for sure what is going on. At least don't seem so much like a disinfo agent.

So someone who doesn't believe in your little sky is falling hysteria and everything is a conspiracy beliefs posts a video of an actual scientist making a lucid argument against the hysteria (as opposed to your "credible" link) and they are the ones who are the problem with this website?

That has got to be my vote for the most ironic post of the day.

You can call it the most ironic post of the day if you will. But realize you are also deciding that the "scientist" (whom are scientist because they find information out when they're wrong or refuted) is the correct one because he is against something.

Do not forgot that no one knows tomorrow. Not a scientist, and not a link posted on the internet.

But in my personal preference... I would chose the link posted with NASA studies, on Google News.

By the time this posts with so many pastes the first lines will be unreadable. Anyway the link was from NASA so where's the problem?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

We had one across the street blow and I saw the flash in my back yard over 125 feet away and behind the house. The explosion was very loud too. Then the pole went of fire and we had the whole street closed for an hour or two while they put it out and replaced the damaged transformer.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Please break the news for us.. what is going on and what was that? anxiously waiting for reply..

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
So i was reading this thread and everyone talking seriously about a transformer blowing, and thought it was hilarious that everyone was acting like bumble bee had a major malfunction.... and then i realized oh wait their talking about an electrical transformer

::facepalm::

Transformers....more than meets the eye! (cant you hear the song in your head???) LOL. Well at least you caught up.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
okay folks, i think its time to pack it in on this thread. For one, the OP hasn't been around since the first couple pages.
Secondly, his Opost has errors in the time, which i find unusual.
Also, NO one else, on youtube, google or MSM has even MENTIONED this except the OP. If this event happened (whatever it was) not a soul has talked about it.

Time to throw this in Skunk Works, methinks.

LOL but dont you know the reason no one has mentioned it is because the govt is treating us like mushrooms. ( I presume you know the rest of that line.)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

Originally posted by randyvs
Anything else would be on the news.
edit on 8-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Tall

Not to many blue meteors, although it's not impossible. Even fewer explode. So... chances of that are slim partner. Plus the media would be all over it. They don't hide or ignore harmless meteorites.

Of course you are correct - but my main point is that no one ever seems to want to see a normal, mundane explanation of anything. A flash and a power outage must mean aliens or global destruction. It couldn't possibly just be a transformer blowing.

Yes it does seem that Ochams razor is getting a dull blade.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

And you got your point across. Having an open mind does not mean that your skull is wide open and you just let anything in. It means that you care to discover both sides of a story and are willing to listen to alternatitive views. I would say you are open minded.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Most likely transformer blowing up - since lost power this is most likely occurance

When one of them goes lights up sky like end of the world coming

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakySleuth911
reply to post by kennylee

I'm just trying to find a plausible explanation for the situation at hand. Down in the south on the rare occasion we get snow (of any real substance, sometimes our "snow" is 1/2 inch
), we will have "Thundersnow" as a result of the warm and cold air mixing. Trust me it is a truly odd experience to see lightning streak the sky while snow is falling on you! Though it is unlikely, it is possible an hour south of you they are experiencing lightning with their storm.

It's just that typically the simplest answer is the correct one.
edit on 2/7/2011 by SneakySleuth911 because: Saw that while typing this out, someone posted this was from yesterday.

The thunderstorm is what i was thinking i live in northern vermont and never in my life have i seen a thunderstorm this time of year and saturday night we had thunder and lightning all while it was snowing bad we got 12 inch's the whole sky lit up blue as could be it was really amazing.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I was doing a little diggin around. Not off-topic, but it is astounding to see how many sources copy sh*t from ATS.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
We had a power outage here yesterday. Lasted until just recently. I sawsomething that looked like blue electric bolts shooting up from the ground. Strange.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Maybe it was just some guy mixing chemicals in his garage: www.kentucky.com...
reply to post by DarkATi

We actually knew that guy.
It was a very sad situation. He made the black powder for the Civil War reenactments that the whole family does. Granted, my son is the only one who uses the powder... the rest of us being girls don't have much need for it, lol. My son kept the container from the last black powder he bought from that guy and has it setting in his room right now.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Another weird thing in Kentucky here lately. The sun is shining even brighter than normal. I've lived here all of my 23 years and I've never seen the sun as bright as it was this afternoon. I looked into it for about 5 seconds and my vision stayed spotty for about 15-20 mins after that.

On the topic of this thing falling from the sky. It's truly weird, I cannot pinpoint out though where Stanford is. It's not in Central KY right?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join