It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this just in something fell from the sky and exploded in kentucky.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Why are you so sure about that
there is more info on the net about it being true than there is not so ..... the fact is that we can get hit every day, and these things can happen every day, so the fact that you are saying that its not true and so is not entirely true

reply to post by StealthyKat

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I had a transformer blow in my back yard and the whole neighborhood came to see what the explosion was, it sounds like a huge explosion. It does light up the whole area in light too.

Off to continue reading the rest of the thread.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27

Originally posted by tallcool1

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by 9Cib27

Not to worry.....there is not going to be a pole shift or anything else. We are more at risk of being hit by an asteroid than anything else...there is no "planet X either.....I just wanted to put this out there so people can stop worrying themselves to death....Read this article.....this guy explains everything and sure made me feel better

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

It's people like you wrong with this website. I posted a link with credible source and you quickly write it off. The fact is neither side of the argument knows for sure what is going on. At least don't seem so much like a disinfo agent.

So someone who doesn't believe in your little sky is falling hysteria and everything is a conspiracy beliefs posts a video of an actual scientist making a lucid argument against the hysteria (as opposed to your "credible" link) and they are the ones who are the problem with this website?

That has got to be my vote for the most ironic post of the day.

You can call it the most ironic post of the day if you will. But realize you are also deciding that the "scientist" (whom are scientist because they find information out when they're wrong or refuted) is the correct one because he is against something.

Do not forgot that no one knows tomorrow. Not a scientist, and not a link posted on the internet.

But in my personal preference... I would chose the link posted with NASA studies, on Google News.

A link posted with NASA studies? Seriously, what this person did was take a couple of facts, inflate them with hyperbole, and try to create a panic for the more gullible out there...i.e., the cyclone in Australia "was theoretically a category-6"...sorry, there is no "theoretical" catagory 6. "Magnetic polar shifts have occurred many times in Earth's history. It's happening again now to every planet in the solar system including Earth." Not every planet in the solar system has a magnetosphere. Read some of the comments below the story for more. This author is nothing more than a sensationalist trying to get readers through exaggeration - but he probably could write a good disaster movie of the week.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by soundmatrix2009

No....I'm not saying one way or another. I just posted something I found about it. I'm not a disinfo agent or a skeptic.....I have a very open mind, and just posted it for those who would what to read it. Having an open mind means hearing BOTH sides of the issues. I am definitly not saying I have the answers. I just thought people would want to hear both sides....BTW I believe there is intelligent life in the universe besides ourselves etc.....I don't pretend to know what OP's object is....who knows?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So i was reading this thread and everyone talking seriously about a transformer blowing, and thought it was hilarious that everyone was acting like bumble bee had a major malfunction.... and then i realized oh wait their talking about an electrical transformer

::facepalm::

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This sounds like a localized EMP test by the military to me. They expirament on us all the time and if they are going to try to facilitate a police state one day, it will be necessary to turn off the power without a lot of red tape. They have night vision you know, most of us won't.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
at around 9:35 pm in stanford kentucky
something fell from the sky flashed so bright is lit up the entire sky a deep blue.
Then knocked all the power out in the entire town.
When radio came back on the local radio station was telling for something fell from the sky and cause the power outage,
This is hot of the press's.....Just happen.
So as soon as i get news or radio anything to back this up i will bring it here first.

my parent's and sisters all live in stanford i live a county over roughly 20 miles.
and they all know how i am about ufo's..they had to call em and tell me lol
So it might have been a meteorite.idk

If you happen to see the object don't touch it, if this is anything like The Invasion, people are already turning into alien parasites!! Don't drink the water or fall asleep, and don't let people especially zombie like people spit on you, or throw up in your drink, in fact don't talk to anyone that has been near the wreckage as they are already doomed!! hehehe J/K but this post reminded me of that.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
okay folks, i think its time to pack it in on this thread. For one, the OP hasn't been around since the first couple pages.
Secondly, his Opost has errors in the time, which i find unusual.
Also, NO one else, on youtube, google or MSM has even MENTIONED this except the OP. If this event happened (whatever it was) not a soul has talked about it.

Time to throw this in Skunk Works, methinks.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I may be way out of line here, but would anyone whatsoever even entertain the possibility that there was a small piece of space junk (there's literally tons of this stuff in orbit around earth) or perhaps a bolide meteor that fell to Earth in the Kentucky area - and just by coincidence there was a blackout caused by any one of a variety of mundane explanations for blackouts? I mean, it's not as exciting as an alien invasion or somehow relating it to apocalyptical global weather changes, but have we got to the point on this website that we don't believe in meteorites, space junk and normal boring blackouts anymore?
edit on 8-2-2011 by tallcool1 because: Corrected dumb spelling error.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sorry everyone, for not wanting to read thru the whole thread, to find out this just a transformer that blew and fell from a tele-pole.

Is that what has been determined ? If not do we have a town that this happened in? Cause if there isn't even a town to go along with the story. Then I suggest that it is a transformer blow. Evident by color and the fact that a transformer blow isn't big news.

Anything else would be on the news.
edit on 8-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Tall

Not to many blue meteors, although it's not impossible. Even fewer explode. So... chances of that are slim partner. Plus the media would be all over it. They don't hide or ignore harmless meteorites.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have several family members who live in Stanford, Ky. None of them have a clue about any explosion or "something" falling from the sky. Not to say it didn't happen, but I can't confirm it from my family in the area.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by csimon

Originally posted by TheAmused
at around 9:35 pm in stanford kentucky
something fell from the sky flashed so bright is lit up the entire sky a deep blue.
Then knocked all the power out in the entire town.
When radio came back on the local radio station was telling for something fell from the sky and cause the power outage,
This is hot of the press's.....Just happen.
So as soon as i get news or radio anything to back this up i will bring it here first.

posted on 7-2-2011 @ 07:51 PM
How can this happen at 9:35 PM? What am I missing?

Kentucky time. It's sideways...sorta.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Is there any concrete proof to this story out there on the net? I can't find any.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
okay folks, i think its time to pack it in on this thread. For one, the OP hasn't been around since the first couple pages.
Secondly, his Opost has errors in the time, which i find unusual.
Also, NO one else, on youtube, google or MSM has even MENTIONED this except the OP. If this event happened (whatever it was) not a soul has talked about it.

Time to throw this in Skunk Works, methinks.

Not that I disagree but you do realize - if there WAS an alien invasion of a small community and the inhabitants were cut off, isolated, killed off or body snatched and one lone message to ATS made it through that we'd write off and put it away based on the above criteria.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
I have several family members who live in Stanford, Ky. None of them have a clue about any explosion or "something" falling from the sky. Not to say it didn't happen, but I can't confirm it from my family in the area.

How can you be sure they haven't been implanted with a G'ould and are planning the down fall and enslavement of the human race this very moment?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I also have some friends in the area who haven't noticed anything unusual .. not sure what it could be, but the blue does sure sound like a transformer .. when we had the ice storm here several days ago there were transformers blowing up all over in the town next to mine and it lit up the sky for miles each time.. It reminded me really of seeing lightning flashes, only without the lightning.. We even had a substation blow up during that storm.

Bright blue flash, power outages.. really sounds like transformers to me, but hey lets forget the most plausible theory.. ALIENS FTW!

Also just to throw this in .. transformers blowing would be more likely to be localized anyway.. a transformer blowing can cause a cascade effect, but generally if a transformer goes out it will take power down for a block or two .. multiple transformers in different areas would not be uncommon in bad weather and it would certainly explain why some of us have friends in the area who have no idea about this.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I live in Ontario Canada and last night between 9 & 10 I saw the blue light you are referring to. That light was so bright(blue flash) I could see it all the way here. It was amazing. I thought a transformer blew on a nearby power line but such is no the case. I've been checking all local news and nothing. I am in the same time zone as you.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm in Louisville Ky and nothing has been on the news (of any sort) about this. I will watch the evening news tonight and see if there is a blurb of some kind about it. However, if something like this happened in Ky, it would likely be all over the news already.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

If this is not relate to UFOs then the mods need to move the thread from ALIENS &UFO forum to somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by 9Cib27

Not to worry.....there is not going to be a pole shift or anything else. We are more at risk of being hit by an asteroid than anything else...there is no "planet X either.....I just wanted to put this out there so people can stop worrying themselves to death....Read this article.....this guy explains everything and sure made me feel better

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

It's people like you wrong with this website. I posted a link with credible source and you quickly write it off. The fact is neither side of the argument knows for sure what is going on. At least don't seem so much like a disinfo agent.

So someone who doesn't believe in your little sky is falling hysteria and everything is a conspiracy beliefs posts a video of an actual scientist making a lucid argument against the hysteria (as opposed to your "credible" link) and they are the ones who are the problem with this website?

That has got to be my vote for the most ironic post of the day.

Irony is taking one man's word over that of NASA, science daily, and a few OTHER reputable sources. You might want to check your information before you comment, because from my point of perspective, you're only protecting your limited world-view.

Just a thought...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join