posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:49 PM
I've been inposession of a Mac pro desktop for the past 3 years , and I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
I'm a musician, and everyone who owns a Mac told me that if you're a musician, you need a Mac.
After about 10 years of resisting the temptation, I went and got this one, and for the price, I reckon I could have got a top spec PC which would
leave this coughing in the dust.
Don't get me wrong, it's good, but like I said........
Here's my list of issues with it.
1. Never once managed to receive an email on it (Though I can on my secondhand Windows XP laptop), except Apple's 'give us more of your money'
emails, which I've now managed to cancel.
Even an 'Apple Genius' couldn't figure it out when I called them.
2. No defragmentation possible on files over 50 meg without shelling out even more cash on a 3rd party defragmenter.
Apple recommend reinstalling the OS and all programs failing this.
3. If I pull a USB drive without remembering to eject the thing, the system goes belly up.
My mate said he had to reinstall the whole system again after one of these incidents.
This has never been a problem on my PC.
I thought the inventors of USB would have figured it out by now.
4. ALWAYS screws up my (Non-Apple) mp3 player and I have to reinitialise it and reinstall all my music on my PC to get it working again.
5. Why can I only resize windows from the bottom right hand corner?
6. Why do I have to use the backspace key to delete some things when there is a delete key on the keyboard?
Maybe I'm too thick to know how to use it properly, but a hard copy manual would have been useful for the price.
Apple say the omission of a hard copy manual in the box was due to environmental concerns, but when I bought a copy of Logic, it came with a whole
library of manuals(???!!!???).
I've never needed to use a manual with a PC, and I can relatively easily configure it to work how I want it, not how Apple want it.
This is one fascist of an OS, and I've spent so much time circumventing Apple's restrictions that I'm now in my third incarnation.
Apart from the above, and the ludicrous prices they charge for EVERYTHING, it's OK I suppose.
I know this post is probably going to irritate some of the Apple diehard fanbois, but I really do not get it.