It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feb 11th we will go into the new consciousness...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 007Polytoks

I always find it interesting how these Mayan Natives were able to know so much so long ago.
Many of their predictions have come true.

Can you give us some examples of predictions that came true? What most people seem to overlook is that there are no Mayan predictions associated with the long count calendar ending. There are lots of predictions made recently by hoaxers who attribute these New Age predictions to the Mayans, but they come from people today who are not Mayan.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

I wouldn't trust Lungold to translate anything from the Maya. I don't believe he or Calleman are capable of reading Mayan glyphs.Their statements about the contents of the Mayan writings are not translations.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Colton

shifts in the calender signify significant events.

Why do you say that? Is there any evidence for this from past events?

Back in 2000 the same was claimed because our decimal system did the "odometer" event of rolling those 9s from 1999 to 2000. Nothing happened. No increase in consciousness. No second coming. No tribulation. No ETs came strutting down main street. No celestial mind expanding new awareness took place. There were people claiming such nonsense back then. Why is an "odometer" event any different with one calendar than another?

Just my opinion;

1999-2000 was not a Cycle Change.

The Gregorian calender was created by Man and therefore is not accurate.

Mayan, Hebrew calenders were created with the guidance of "God's".

They are much more advanced than our simple calender.

When 1999 changed over to 2000, it meant nothing, because it was not aligned to an accurate calender.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist
What time on the 11th? Just so I can be sitting down when it comes.
I wouldn't want to be operating heavy machinery or driving and cause an accident.
Thanks.

11:11 [AM or PM - u choose]

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colton

reply to post by Colton

shifts in the calender signify significant events.

Why do you say that? Is there any evidence for this from past events?

Back in 2000 the same was claimed because our decimal system did the "odometer" event of rolling those 9s from 1999 to 2000. Nothing happened. No increase in consciousness. No second coming. No tribulation. No ETs came strutting down main street. No celestial mind expanding new awareness took place. There were people claiming such nonsense back then. Why is an "odometer" event any different with one calendar than another?

Just my opinion;

1999-2000 was not a Cycle Change.

The Gregorian calender was created by Man and therefore is not accurate.

Mayan, Hebrew calenders were created with the guidance of "God's".

They are much more advanced than our simple calender.

When 1999 changed over to 2000, it meant nothing, because it was not aligned to an accurate calender.

Actually it was a consciousness change. You learned that you were dependent on technology and computers and society would most likely fail without them. You never remember having that feeling of "oh crap, our computers are gonna stop working. what's going to happen?"

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The mayan calander was created because they didnt have tv !
Or so my mum says.

The long count calander was not used to predict natural cycles , the Haab' was used for day names and seasonal planting which is closely related to the natural cycles of the planets , particularly the moon , much like the chinese lunar calander. Mind hallucinogens and the I ching by terrence mckenna covers this extensively , if you are interested and like a read.

Also look at Maya ( ancient people and places ) By Michael D Coe, a rather good book on the mayan people
also I suggest if you are interested in mythology and creation myth then the Popul Vuh is a great book
and talks about X'ibalba the mayan underworld , and the different gods , some of them are really good .
I especially like the mayan creation myth about the twins going to the underworld and fooling all of the gods.

May I also suggest a book called Hamlets mill .
This book goes into the science behined ancient myth and how most ancient cultures share similar creation myth and other stories, based on astronomical observation. ( this book is the reason I thought the mayans understood the procession )

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Colton

From the way I see it...that time of 1999-2000 was actually a closer date to the real cycle then what 2012 is. So maybe there was a cycle of change that has brought more awareness to people. If we look back to 2000....soooo many people have felt a need to take things like 'god' out of the box and seek a personal path in life.

In 1998...from what I understand...was the year that our Sun was aligned with the center part of the 'hub' of the galactic center area. From what I understand, it began in 1980 and will last till 2017. 18 years entering the center and 18 years leaving the center...so in 1998 we met the center. So maybe our own calendar was not that 'off' after all for a reflection of change, via the cosmos.

Maybe....

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Gseven

I wouldn't trust Lungold to translate anything from the Maya. I don't believe he or Calleman are capable of reading Mayan glyphs.Their statements about the contents of the Mayan writings are not translations.

I take it you are not familiar with Popol Vuh and other Mayan writings from where the association between 2012 and an apocalypse are derived from.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Find me where in the Popol Vuh it mentions the date 2012. From my research there is one mention in all of the Mayan Classical period that the date 2012 appears and that is on a monument in Tortuguero. Furthermore, calendars ending after 13 baktun are a post-Columbian convention. The pre-Columbian calendars extended up to 20 baktun.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

I've read the popul Vuh from cover to cover , and there is nothing in there about the end of the long count calander as the entire book is about creation myth and nothing more

The only thing that the mayans ever talked about regarding the long count calander and 2012 , was that on the specified date , there would be a new era , much like when the t'zolkien and the haab' were created mayan civilisation was in their golden era , all they talk about is a new era , they dont mention anything to do with apocalypse or destruction of the world

All this new age bs has taken the mayan calander and used it for their own agenda.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Not long now, I'm soooo excited

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist
Not long now, I'm soooo excited

Me too also! What's the bet we'll be bitterly disappointed this time tomorrow?
That said, at least it'll be the beginning of the weekend, so it ain't all bad.

Rev

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Is anything happening yet? Is it February 11th for any of you yet?

Rev

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

I can feel it. Woke up this morning and wow.

We have arrived.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well, look at english.aljazeera.net...

They are pretty ''Awake'' to me... Egypte

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Tomorrow will be another day that I wake up with a head full of snot, scratch my ass, brush my teeth and jump in the shower and spend my day making music in the studio. Conscious shift is the new religion. Good to see people still have faith in something though I guess.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Tomorrow will be another day that I wake up with a head full of snot, scratch my ass, brush my teeth and jump in the shower and spend my day making music in the studio.

I suppose it hasn't occurred to you that that defeatist state of mind is not very conducive to transformation. Invite the transformation! Yearn for it! Give it some time!

"Here is a candle in your heart,
ready to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul,
ready to be filled.
You feel it, don’t you?
You feel the separation
from the Beloved.
Invite Him to fill you up,
embrace the fire.
Remind those who tell you otherwise that
Love
comes to you of its own accord,
and the yearning for it
cannot be learned in any school."
-Rumi

edit on 10-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
I suppose it hasn't occurred to you that that defeatist state of mind is not very conducive to transformation. Invite the transformation! Yearn for it! Give it some time!

So is that the excuse for transformation not happening?
I didn't yearn for it? I didn't give it enough time?!

I have faith in myself, to be a good person.
Placing any more faith in something else will displaces the faith I have in ME and render it out of balance. I am doing just fine. But thanks for caring.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Carry on worshipping your music and pretending you are good and all, take time to reflect here and there and dream of making it big.

Cause everything is jusssst fine.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

So, you're going to trust in the work of a toxicologist and "channeler" of Mayan spirits over people who have researched and studied the Mayans for their entire lives. I find it funny that you think Clucker is deluded when you're the one believing people who have willfully ignored facts and don't even know how to translate the Mayan language.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join