It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A UFO sighting in Stockport, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is a copy of the report I just submitted to a website here in the UK which takes submissions of UFO sightings. They maintain quite a good list of current sightings, but I'm not going to link the site just yet..

I'm sharing this in the hope that someone else in the same general area as me might have seen what we saw..

It freaked the hell out of both me and my wife, and she in particular has started to get a bit creeped out by all the conspiratorial and odd shenanigans going on in the world today...

Anyway - have a read, and see what you think. We didn't have our camcorder charged or else we'd definitely have recorded it; it was around for twenty minutes or so, with a clear line of sight for almost five minutes.

Original report, submitted by me, about ten minutes ago:

"Sitting watching programmes on laptop, in bed, also present was my wife. We were about to go to sleep, when my wife noticed a light in the sky outside our window, which looked like a star at first, and said it was 'strange' - she said she thought it was moving. I stood to look and moved back the net curtain; it began to flash intermittently, and by this point was clearly bigger than a star. It morphed slightly in shape as it flashed, with a suggestion of some different colours (hard to discern fully as it was effectively the size of two regular stars clumped together).

We watched for a couple of minutes as it flashed and seemed to wobble a bit. Then, very clearly, it moved from side to side several times, approximately ten times its diameter in each direction. We both said something like 'Oh my God! - it's moving!', and as soon as we'd said that, it moved up and down quickly, approximately the same 10x diameter in each vertical direction. It then descended rapidly, around forty times its diameter (still < the diameter of a full moon, but very obvious movement). It ascended, and made some more, smaller movements, before being still for a while, finally covered by clouds coming in from the North after a total sighting duration of around five minutes.

We are located in Stockport, Cheshire. The sighting took place half an hour ago, at 23:40hrs on 7th February. We are in the SK3 postal area, and it appeared at around 35degrees above the horizon, West/South-West of our position. As the partial cloud-cover drifted, we could see it every now and then, maintaining its original position and staying more or less still. After twenty minutes we could no longer see it even after the skies cleared. There were no other visible stars in the immediate vicinity of the UFO.

I saw some other abnormal movements from possible UFOs that had apparently adopted the same 'star guise', located almost due West of us, but they were less 'obvious' in their movements. The main focus of this report reminded me of the videos of the Jerusalem UFO, in the way that it descended rapidly at one point, and seemed like a shimmering star-like object."

Would be great to hear if anyone else saw this...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I live in Stockport (SK8)......saw absolutely nothing I'm afraid....and I'm in and out quite a lot (smoking's gonna kill me!) and always checking the skies.

Why won't you link the website you submitted the report to?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I wasn't sure if it would count as 'promoting' them or not by linking the site, but in retrospect that seems a bit daft. I was tired, after all.

Here it is:www.realufos.net

The sighting was in a specific part of the skies, the noticeable movements only lasting for a few minutes, so it won't surprise me if nobody else saw it, given the time of night, the cloud cover and that it was in 'disguise' as a star...

I've posted it in the gray area as I know it can't count as a sighting worthy of the Aliens & UFO forum, where as we all know, the motto is: "If there's no footage it didn't happen.."

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

You won't have, probably only viseable to people coming out of the pub in Edgeley

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I'm trying to understand why you made a comment on this thread, but I can't figure it out. Are you kidding, or do you honestly think both myself and my wife were drunk when we saw it?

Anyway, drunks rolling out of the pub in Edgeley are more concerned about making sure they don't get jumped on the way home - even if they were looking up at the skies through double-vision they probably would've seen all the stars move, not just the one...

This was a genuine sighting, and I'm charging my video camera now in case we see any more activity over the next few evenings...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Chill dude,

Argyll said he lived in SK8 and said he saw nowt. Whereas Edgeley being up on the hill, would get a better view. even if drunk!

Speaking of which, in all seriousness, I had a UFO sighting there too, and I was drunk, but still saw a green light moving around the sky in a very strange fashion, that could not have been anything than otherwordly.

Once I got back home, I checked the MEN. and found it it was actually a laser light they were shining off the top of the Co-op pyramid.

Just goes to show you,

BTW, Edgeley isn't as bad now as it used to be in the early 90's!

top topics

join