It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica Discovered in our Ancient Past?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
the oronteus finaeus map(1531) in charles hapgood's maps of the ancient sea kings is less open to questioning than the piri re'is map because the area it depicts is unequivical. various avenues of authentication are also mentioned, including IGY, NAVY, and AIRFORCE experts. o.f.(1531) shows rivers and mountains. modern drilling has validated the existence of some of these features where the map indicated they should be.
edit on 10-2-2011 by boxturtle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

Originally posted by HexagonSun
This comes as no great surprise. I already don't trust the history we are taught. We were basically lied to (indirectly) at school.

I wouldn't say indirectly. There's a number of times my classes were flat out lied to by teachers in high school, whether they knew it or not.
edit on 7-2-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

History is rewriting it's self daily.....
There is a really good dvd called the Columbus Ice Age out there, that has all but disappeared. Amazon.com has one for sale at $129.00. No where else on the web can this disc be bought. Apparently during the last ice age the oceans were 500 feet lower, and a massive glacier covered the ocean from France and Spain to North America. In Virginia they found arrow spear heads that identically matched those in Spain and France. Meaning the Native Indians were already part European when the colonists showed up in 1609. It was a five point clovis arrow head. Anyways, I would love to watch this dvd. Nexflix doesn't even carry it here where I live. Our library
is just plain awful too... all VHS tapes.
edit on 10-2-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

no u were being rude.

u could have corrected me in a better way than u did...i dont mind being corrected im all for getting to the truth if its a lake then so be it, i sed river.

in the context i sed it was broad however with ROOM for correction.

had you corrected me in a manner that didnt cause offense then i would have not replied or my reply would have been different.
if you want everything factual on here, fine you scurry throughout all the threads correcting people but dont get on your high horse because you have to make corrections that u have obviously took upon yourself to do.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
In Virginia they found arrow spear heads that identically matched those in Spain and France.

You're talking about the Solutrean Hypothesis and, sorry, but you've misremembered.

No Solutrean points have ever been found anywhere in the western hemisphere.

Google the Solutrean Hypothesis for a refresher and you'll see what I mean.

Harte

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

This is true, there is a lot of Stories and creation myths of Pale skinned men with long white beards who came and taught people of the area sciences, mathematics, art etc etc.
Most of these “people’ were referenced to having a warm kind demeanor and taught people how to love one another ( a lot of these creation myths are eerily similar to the current Christian view of Christ so it echo’s back through the ages with name changes).
These people were said to in some situations come after the big deluge ( there are so many ancient accounts of a flood destroying majority of humanity). They came to teach the people ways of knowledge and love.
Here’ s a good read on it
en.wikipedia.org...
You can tell the similarities if you also look up Mayan creation myths, Mexican creation myths etc.
People hypothesize that these people are a lost highly advanced culture, some say their inhabitants of Atlantis, some say they’re extraterrestrial etc etc. Someone in here mentioned Graham Hancock and “Fingerprints of the Gods” it’s a good book to read, it goes into detail about the mapping of antartica, ancient structures etc etc. Its quite an amazing book.

I for one personally believe that the earth was mapped well before we believe it was. I believe that ancient cultures had a different sort of technology than we have currently . How we picked up fossil fuel perhaps they had access to a different energy source in early earth than we are aware of or these tall white strangers possibly taught us how to harness the planets magnetic fields who knows!
Regardless, ancients mapped the earth, have a very strong understanding of our universe ( planets suns etc) and knew more about our future than we know about our past.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by chimaybliss
Is this the proof that Antarctica was discovered in the ancient past and that an unknown advanced civilization was exploring the oceans in our ancient history.....

socyberty.com...

No, because the Piri Re'is map does not depict Antarctica. However, it does, intriguingly, suggest that the Portugeuse may have mapped the coast of Argentina several years earlier than official records indicate.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Where is your proof that it doest depict antartica?
the Piri reis map openly suggests that the sources were also taken from older maps.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Fair enough, but don't start me on grammar or 'whole' words.

edit on 11-2-2011 by aorAki because: spacebar

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by srbouska
reply to post by woogleuk

This is true, there is a lot of Stories and creation myths of Pale skinned men with long white beards who came and taught people of the area sciences, mathematics, art etc etc.

Please grace us with quotes and links to some of these multitudes of stories and creation myths you have such knowledge of.

Here’s a good read on it
en.wikipedia.org...
You can tell the similarities if you also look up Mayan creation myths, Mexican creation myths etc.

The only people that we know of that described Viracocha that way were white men. Think they may have had an ulterior motive?

Harte

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I agree that the Piri Reis map does not depict the Antarctic continent and you also make a good point about the early exploration of Argentina.

Juan Díaz de Solís is credited as being the first European to explore the Rio de la Plata in 1516, but the Piri Reis map depicts it and land southward in 1513.

Further, A German tract printed circa 1508 titled New Tidings out of the Land of Brazil details a Portuguese sponsored expedition beyond the 40th parallel and into the San Matias Gulf. That is over 500 miles of the Argentine coast explored eight years prior to Juan Díaz de Solís' 1516 discovery. The tract may also suggest that Montevideo was a known port among a select few by 1508.

-Doug

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I can't provide you with links right now without searching, but as it is my birthday weekend (turned 31 yesterday) I don't have time, i'm enjoying a beer with my friends.

The poster is right though, the storys are out there, just google it. I think the ancient aliens series covers it, unless I watched another documentary when I was watching that and have them confuddled.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
According to Hindu 'myth': the Mare's mouth fire is a supposedly subterranean fire that comes from the south pole and is associated with the end of the age. Unless they're talking about another south pole, that's kind of contrary to official history, as the Mahabaratta is thousands of years old.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Harte

I can't provide you with links right now without searching, but as it is my birthday weekend (turned 31 yesterday) I don't have time, i'm enjoying a beer with my friends.

Happy Birthday youngster!

Originally posted by woogleuk
The poster is right though, the storys are out there, just google it. I think the ancient aliens series covers it, unless I watched another documentary when I was watching that and have them confuddled.

Sories given to the world after the Spanish conquest. Decades after, by the Spanish. Ulterior motives

"Ancient Aliens." A crockumentary show chock full of misrepresentations, overstatements and outright lies, produced by a group that publishes an ancient alien magazine. Ulterior motives.

Harte

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

if you choose to correct grammar then thats your perogative ....i wont get you started on anything, or i could say dont get me started on arrogance.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by srbouska

Yes, and these stories invariably turn out to have been made up relatively recently by "pale skinned men". Because there is simply no way those brown skinned people could develop their own civilisation is there?

Most of these “people’ were referenced to having a warm kind demeanor and taught people how to love one another ( a lot of these creation myths are eerily similar to the current Christian view of Christ so it echo’s back through the ages with name changes).

There is nothing "eerie" about it. The stories originated from Christians.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Sorry folks, going to have to go a bit off topic for a sec.

Wow, why are you so rude? Is it because you are angry? Why are you so angry, could it be...trouser issues? Are they a bit big around the crotch?

People like you infuriate me because you have completely steered the thread away from whats interesting and the main point. We didn't join ATS to help satisfy your need to somehow prove you are better or more interlectual than anyone else. To have a pop at somebody about their grammar is just low. Richard Branson is dislexic, he might not spell everything correctly but I'm sure he could write you a great paper on how to run a business. On the other hand, I'm sure you know much more than he does.

Anyway, enough of you and your desperation to sound intelligent...

This is a great find OP. I doesn't completely surprise me though. If there were ships then, there would have been people willing to go on those ships on a never ending expedition to explore unknown worlds, especially with all the stories of, 'the edge of the earth' and what not. There would always have been some crazy person who wanted to find something that nobody else had found. Fame and fortune awaits the founder of a new civilisation, although it would have been hard for them to find proof and persuade others to join them on their next crazy expedition to prove what they had found.

I don't understand why people find it so difficult to believe that we weren't the first to find it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

I don't know. I guess the search function isn't working?

I guess I am just sick of seeing the decline in attention to detail and logical thinking and it is occuring more and more on this forum as 'newer' members arrive. It is all part of the general malaise that I see around me, both here and where I work.

Don't take things at face value. This subject has been 'done to death' here and well-debated. Was another thread by the credulous really necessary?

I wasn't rude, by the way. I throttled back my reply so it wasn't rude. Criticism isn't being rude.

I'm not desperate to sound intelligent. I know that I am.

Given the length of Homo sapiens (sapiens) time here, and the amount of time Antarctica has been covered in ice, I find it and extraordinary claim, but go ahead and believe without reason....

edit on 17-2-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by aorAki because: Grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join