It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest conspiracies in religion are ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The greatest conspiracies in religion are .....

You need to kill for an almighty God
You need to defend an almighty God
You are better then everyone else based on your belief system
You need to convince people that your way is the right way based arguing your case

Please feel free to add to this list

edit on 7-2-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

So I guess you mean from all relegions..
I could add millions and millions of pages then, and some millions more...
But whats the point, relegion is for the weak..
My god is myself and my father is chuck norris.. lol

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Please see example 3

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Okayyyy...
No really, I dont have to belive in some crazy made up relegion...
Thats not a relegion is it...
And Im sure if there was a god or supreme being, he/she/it would understand and forgive me not beliving in him, he/she/it would know of all the confusion and sadness relegion is doing to humans on earth.. perhaps he/she/it would even be happen for not joining some kind of relegious cult

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

The greatest conspiracies in religions are .....

Actually it's singular, not plural:

Conformity

All the rest are just symptoms...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Max_TO

Actually it's singular,

Corrected , thanks for pointing that out !

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Max_TO

Actually it's singular,

Corrected , thanks for pointing that out !

No...I wasn't questioning your grammar - even I'm not the petty.

The number of conspiracies in religion is equal to 1: Conformity

There are no others - the rest evolve through Conformity...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Um there's the whole you'll be rewarded/punished after you die thing I love that one, pure genius.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
To me it's that any road you take leads you to GOD. Untrue.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

You need to convince people that your way is the right way based arguing your case

Are those really 'conspiracies'?

Perhaps this thread should be called "The Greatest Lies Religion Teaches"

Some of my own to add:

1. If I try harder to be more good and give more money God will love me.
2. If I follow all the rules God will love me.
3. The world is made up of two kinds of people, good people and bad people.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

This shoulda' been #1 - The faux-prophet conspiracy.

That God would come down and talk to murdering liars and tell them secrets and have them lead His 'true' church(es). Seems many the self proclaimed leaders of religions are nutz, liars, murderers, mysoginistic pervs, power crazed politicians using religion as a way to control the masses, etc etc

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The first thing that comes to mind is,

Religion was man made to control other men.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The greatest is religion it self....

A conspiracy, wrapped in a conspiracy...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

edit on 7-2-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

Well I would add to the list:

When you commit genocide for your god, you can spare the young virgin females (i.e., children) and take them captive as sex slaves.

Judges 21:10-24 "So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan."

Numbers 31:7-18 "Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves."

Gang raping children is OK when you do it in the name of the ancient tribal deity of the Bible.

Lucifer

More rape, murder, genocide, infanticide and biblical fun on:
www.evilbible.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

The things you're talking about aren't universal to all religions. In fact they're pretty much stuck with the 3.5 Abrahamic faiths, and some branches of Buddhism.

So narrowing the scope then, we find that the greatest conspiracy in both Abrahamic and Buddhist traditions is this;

You are base and corrupt, and only Our Way will save you

This single belief is what leads to the overwhelming majority of suffering involving these religions. Everything from the psychological torments of fearing hell, to the eradication of the Tibetan Shaman, has its roots in the notion that life and people are corrupt and evil by nature. "WE" are better than "them," "I" am better than "You", and I am still base and impure and must suffer for it.

These religions are psychological sadomasochism as taught by a sociopath to other people's small children.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

These religions are psychological sadomasochism as taught by a sociopath to other people's small children.

Yes, however for many male Christians, despite their homophobia, their faith is similar to "Gay" psychological sadomasochism.

I have often thought that the ramblings of male evangelical Christians in prayer are reminiscent of the sounds coming from the inside of a Gay sauna "Oh Jesus I love you; Oh Jesus I want you to come (cum) inside me; Oh Jesus I exist only to serve you; Oh Jesus I exist only to do your will. Come (cum) Lord Jesus, come." It is all rather indicative of the psychology of the archetypal gay male BDSM submissive. Not that there is anythng wrong with taking a submissive role in erotic experiences; it is just that their particular gay BDSM "Master" and "Lord" is, as Richard Dawkins states, "arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." It is masochism and the reverence of sadism taken to extremes.

Lux

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Nietzsche has talked about killing God he said:

"Where has God gone?" he cried. "I shall tell you. We have killed him - you and I. We are his murderers. But how have we done this? How were we able to drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What did we do when we unchained the earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving now? Away from all suns? Are we not perpetually falling? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there any up or down left? Are we not straying as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is it not more and more night coming on all the time? Must not lanterns be lit in the morning? Do we not hear anything yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we not smell anything yet of God's decomposition? Gods too decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we, murderers of all murderers, console ourselves? That which was the holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet possessed has bled to death under our knives. Who will wipe this blood off us? With what water could we purify ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we not ourselves become gods simply to be worthy of it? There has never been a greater deed; and whosoever shall be born after us - for the sake of this deed he shall be part of a higher history than all history hitherto."

I also must add one of the biggest conspiracies in religion is the names Lucifer and Satan. Lucifer by definition is Light-bearer while Satan means adversary. They can't possibly be the same thing because Lucifer is Light while Satan is the opposition Darkness.

Also I've read this from a very good site

Freedom is the preserve of those who struggle for it and work for it daily; not those who take it for granted and never exercise it except in the most trivial of ways. You cannot be free if you choose to follow a restrictive creed that demands slavish obedience to ancient customs and commandments. All organised religion is deadly for human freedom and spirituality, which is why Satan loves the mainstream religions.

Only you can take your path. To truly grow, you must stretch the boundaries, try to break out of the limitations of your normal self to find your higher self.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Lateralussicksicksick because: Added some content

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Jesus comes like a thief in the night.
Christianity is invisible and isn't talked about.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
reply to post by Max_TO

Jesus comes like a thief in the night.
Christianity is invisible and isn't talked about.

If Christianity isn't talked about, why are you talking about it? And why is the Internet full of "Trolls for Jesus?"

Further many of the claims by Christianity's alleged founder are scientific claims, just like the scientific claims for Scientology's founder to be able to cure cancer and radiation burns (by joining his cult); if Christians could really cure leprosy, blindess, raise the dead, miraculously cure all illnesses and move mountains into the sea, they would have demonstrated this by now with their deads, rather than with their incessant ramblings

Further with regards to "Jesus returning" he stated that he would return before his contemporary followers had travelled through all the towns of ancient Israel. If he did return 2000 years ago, you have missed it.

If such a genocidal theocratic dictator (i.e., a king of kings, a monarchist) as depicted in the New Testament every "returns," he will have to deal with millions of armed American republicans who are not exactly in favour of monarchy (dictatorship), especially theocratic monarchies; if you really want to live in a theocratic monarchy, might I suggest that you emigrate to Saudi Arabia?

Lux

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Jesus is the word of God and is god.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join