It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Epic Ride (Kia Superbowl ad) & ATS- A sign of things to come?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2dfccb7d3b1.jpg[/atsimg]

In ‘One Epic Ride’ ad created by David&Goliath people across space and time—from a police officer and an international villain to aliens and an ancient chief—will go to great lengths to snatch the all-new Optima from the clutches of others and put themselves behind the wheel.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0838b93f8654.jpg[/atsimg]

I really can't believe I hadn't seen anything about the KIA add that ran last night in the first quarter of the S.B.
When the wife and I saw the add, we were howling. We both looked at each other and said ATS!!! lol
We thought this one would have the site on fire today. Well? why? Watch it and you tell me.

I'm tellying you, this little minute video has something for just about all of us. Watch and let me know what you think. I will wait as I don't want to spoil anymore than I have.

Enjoy! (I love the ending).

edit on 2/7/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I had a good laugh from that one.

BTW, your youtube link is broken.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I remember thinking about how odd that commercial was when I saw it too. What reason do you have to put aliens,ufo's, and a Mayan setting for a car commercial?

I also noticed a few other commercials that used conspiratory subjects. For example: the new verizon tablet commercial. It was another 1984 type commercial.

There was another one but I cannot remember it right now.

....But ATS was the first thing I thought of when I saw that commercial too! I thought about making a post right after I saw it but decided not to.

+ there were about 3-4 Previews for all these upcoming alien movies too.
edit on 2/7/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
I remember thinking about how odd that commercial was when I saw it too. What reason do you have to put aliens,ufo's, and a Mayan setting for a car commercial?

I also noticed a few other commercials that used conspiratory subjects. For example: the new verizon tablet commercial. It was another 1984 type commercial.

....But ATS was the first thing I thought of when I saw that commercial too! I thought about making a post right after I saw it but decided not to.

Pretty simple marketing in my opinion. If something as powerful as a god or as advanced as aliens want this car, you should too!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

Pretty simple marketing in my opinion. If something as powerful as a god or as advanced as aliens want this car, you should too!

....But for a Kia? I could understand BMW or Mercedes or one of the other big names doing this. Or maybe they are just jumping on the Conspiracy Bandwagon hoping to rake in a few bucks off of us?

If God wanted to drive a car, what kind of car would he drive?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I was very disappointed in this years commercials. I think the advertisers spent more money on getting the ad space then creativity.

Are you trying to say this commercial is suggesting something?? I don't get anything from it other than a great imagination.

I to was thinking of how people on here would make a big deal about it. Here it goes....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i didnt see it durning the super bowl but its a cool one for sure right after i watch the video it came on tv lol and they cut it down and said see more at kia.com lol

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by topdog30
reply to post by anon72

I was very disappointed in this years commercials. I think the advertisers spent more money on getting the ad space then creativity.

Are you trying to say this commercial is suggesting something?? I don't get anything from it other than a great imagination.

I to was thinking of how people on here would make a big deal about it. Here it goes....

I wonder how much money Budweiser and Doritos spent on advertising. It seemed every other commercial was either for Bud Light or Doritos.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

....But for a Kia? I could understand BMW or Mercedes or one of the other big names doing this. Or maybe they are just jumping on the Conspiracy Bandwagon hoping to rake in a few bucks off of us?

If God wanted to drive a car, what kind of car would he drive?

That's just it, they want to look like one of the more expensive companies.

According to Kia, a god would want to drive one of their cars

Edit: I agree, the commercials were a bit disappointing this year.
edit on 7-2-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
We all voted that commercial as the Best of the Superbowl.

The imagery and continuity is AWESOME.

I thought the KIA was one of those project cars that you had to spread seeds over and water daily to make it grow....

....Ka-Ka-Ka- Kia!!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As soon as the alien spacecraft appeared on screen, I thought, "how long will it be until this is on ATS as evidence we are being brainwashed to accept aliens."

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
As soon as the alien spacecraft appeared on screen, I thought, "how long will it be until this is on ATS as evidence we are being brainwashed to accept aliens."

Don't forget the necessary comment about the Mayans!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

What reason do you have to put corrupt cops, James Bond-esque villains and a Greek sea-god in a commercial?

+ there were about 3-4 Previews for all these upcoming alien movies too.

There were also previews for movies with talking animals. Maybe the government is conditioning us to accept the talking animals they've been covering up all these years.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
Don't forget the necessary comment about the Mayans!

Oh yes...obviously that was preparing us for 2012, or something.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I posted about this ad right after I saw it under a thread about Super Bowl Ads. My daughter freaked out and asked if the aliens were really coming. I mean come on aliens, Mayans, temples........... someone is trying to get us ready for something. Most people will say I am nuts, but I believe we are being prepared to accept what will happen in the near future.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Man...I sure hope Obama has a few Kia Optimas standing by for when we do make contact with aliens. I would hate to get into an intergalactic war over a twenty thousand dollar car...
edit on 7-2-2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Probably because there a a couple of alien films coming out and the Mayan calendar is getting a bit of publicity too and commercials don't generally have much to do with the product any more, at least I could work out what they're selling in this one!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I posted this last night on undo's thread 'Stargates are Real'.

I am suprised you guys think that this commercial will cause people to blow up at ATS, especially with all of the previews of 'alien' related movies set to come out.

I would surely think that all the movies would be more important in the way of public desensittization.

Seems the aliens are always attacking us....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nolongerindenial

And with the upcoming Thor movie, they must be conditioning us for the return of the Scandinavian gods! (Although I admit, I'd actually love for that one to happen
)

Come on people, they're not going to use a commercial to condition us for disclosure. Especially not the US using a South Korean car company, they have plenty of their own

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I seen this video last night during the superbowl and I actually sat back in chair thinking, wow, that is certainly an interesting commercial. I mean it had all the undertones of this past years events. Ufo's in the news, the Norway spiral, Poseidon which in greek mythology was god of the sea, and know as the "Earth shaker"of earthquakes. At the end is an ancient chief, and a shot of a stone serpent. This is either the Aztec Quetzalcoatl, or the Mayan Kukulcan or Gukumatz. The scene when the aliens take the car to their world, there appears to be a comet near their moon?

I also noticed that the events of the commerical went back in time. But it was more interesting to start from the past to present. Ancient civiliaztion...Aztec or Mayan, then Greek mythology, then ufo/aliens, Advanced government technology, then two people cuffed by police and left abandoned. There might be more to the commerical, then again, maybe nothing at all.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join