It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure is irrelevant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'll start off by saying, disclosure has already happened... but... for some strange reason people cant get on with they're day unless the U.S. president comes out and gives a speech. I don't know about you, but I don't believe anything the government says, why should I believe what they say about UFO's+E.T's ?

Even if they know of a benevolent species which would help us, the government would want to make them seem malevolent.. if there is one thing I know about the U.S of A. is that they hate not being the superpower.

I don't care about what Obama says, hes just a guy. All I want is for people to stop ridiculing the subject and accept the phenomenon so we can get on with out lives! Then, scientists can openly discuss, investigate, speculate and study the subject without fear of ridicule or losing their credibility.

Ask yourself this, do you want disclosure, or just acceptance.
edit on 7-2-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: edit

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

When & where has it happened exactly?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by big_BHOY

When & where has it happened exactly?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

all over.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
I'll start off by saying, disclosure has already happened... but... for some strange reason people cant get on with they're day unless the U.S. president comes out and gives a speech. I don't know about you, but I don't believe anything the government says, why should I believe what they say about UFO's+E.T's ?

Even if they know of a benevolent species which would help us, the government would want to make them seem malevolent.. if there is one thing I know about the U.S of A. is that they hate not being the superpower.

I don't care about what Obama says, hes just a guy. All I want is for people to stop ridiculing the subject and accept the phenomenon so we can get on with out lives! Then, scientists can openly discuss, investigate, speculate and study the subject without fear of ridicule or losing their credibility.

Ask yourself this, do you want disclosure, or just acceptance.
edit on 7-2-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: edit

I would like to have reputable people come out in an open media forum and present any and all facts of this subject. If we are working with aliens I would like them to be present as well and express to us their intentions. I think this will help with acceptance. Like you I do not want or need the president to give me a speech.

You say disclosure has already happened, when? I think I missed it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yeah it would be nice IF we have any facts, to share them in an open media, that would be amazing

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Disclosure is NOT irrelevant for me...

And disclosure have NOT happend, the countries that open up ufo archive, is not disclosure

The best attemt at disclosure was The Disclosure Project May 9th 2001..

Real disclosure would be all news broadcasting worldwide that we are now in contact with E.T

Disclosure is NOT irrelevant for me..

And I think it will happen in my time, im not ready to give up hope

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I just want to see with my very own two eyes. Is that asking too much.

-Accept nothing, question everything.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

Ok, so what I mean by disclosure has already happened, is that the information from a lot of countries is already out there and available, BUT disclosure is nothing without acceptance of the reality.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

And disclosure have NOT happend, the countries that open up ufo archive, is not disclosure

Real disclosure would be all news broadcasting worldwide that we are now in contact with E.T

ah... but you are assuming that we ARE in contact with ET's. and if were not? if we and our governments truly dont know, what then?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

ah... but you are assuming that we ARE in contact with ET's. and if were not? if we and our governments truly dont know, what then?

I dont know if we are in contact, but if you watch The disclosure project and some of the million hours of ufo footage out there... you got to ask yourself if some of it aint real... only one of them have to be real.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Oh yeah, I completely agree with that, only 1% has to be real to BE REAL. maybe the reason it hasn't been "disclosed" like you wish it to be is the human fear of unknown's. I like to call it "chicken syndrome" because we tend to run around like headless chickens when afraid.

I too would feel a little creeped out if all news media said "its real, we are being visited, but have NO friggn' idea whats goin on" lol

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The ET's are smart. If they wanted everyone on the planet Earth to know they exist, they would not need a governement to give them permission to show themselves or ask for help to make an announcement to the planet. If ET's wanted you to know they exist, you would know.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The favorite villain of the UFO cultists, the United States. When all else fails, blame the US.

It is quite laughable to think that any extraterrestrial power could checked by the meager powers of Earthly nations.

That is quite an interesting tact. Don't worry about facts, evidence or even reality, just accept it. This comes across as less a reasoned post but someone stomping their foot in a fit because they are not getting their way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

all over.

I doubt you even bothered reading a single one of these files. If you had, you would know this is not "disclosure" but compendiums of sightings.
edit on 7-2-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

That is quite an interesting tact. Don't worry about facts, evidence or even reality, just accept it. This comes across as less a reasoned post but someone stomping their foot in a fit because they are not getting their way.

I doubt you even bothered reading a single one of these files. If you had, you would know this is not "disclosure" but compendiums of sightings.

People should be stomping their feet with rage over this, fight for acceptance of the reality so that we can start gathering facts and evidence as a whole. I actually read many of my countries (canada) ufo files, and I even emailed and complained because they stopped after the 1980's.

"this is not "disclosure" but compendiums of sightings. "

What if sightings are all we truly have? once everyone is ok with the fact that , yeah, things are happening, lets all get together and see whats up. Then, we can move forward together. "disclosure" isn't going to do anything but freak people out or leave us with more questions than answers.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Disclosure is somewhat relevant, but it doesn't mean everything. Plus disclosure is control. The information is not free flowing.

I think when an extraterrestrial existence wants to make itself known, we will all know at once.

It'll have the same sort of global impact that 9/11 had. That's what I think.

I am a believer of an extraterrestrial existence outside our own, and you can call me what you like, but I don't think the proof is going to come from a video on youtube or someones abduction story. I don't believe we have ever been visited by a true intelligent race... yet. The evidence of such visits is just not convincing enough, for me...

UFO's exist, sure. And at the core they are just unidentified flying objects. Does this make them alien or from another planet? Absolutely not. In fact most UFO cases are actually misnomers. They're MFO's- or misidentified flying objects.

There are a huge number of scientists from around the globe working to find life out there, and not just microbes either. It's happening. The search is on, and has been ongoing for quite some time. Call me what you want.

The curiosity of what exists outside lies at the core of our own very existence. It's what makes us Human. We don't want to believe we're the only ones in this immense thing we call the universe.

When we find them, we will know. When they finds us, we will know. When I say we, I mean all of us at once.

It's not going to happen on youtube. It's not going to come by way of government documents. Because you just can't trust that.

It will be uncontrolled.

edit on 7-2-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

a lot of good points you have, I too agree that if another species ever chose to make themselves known, all would know withing 3 or 4 hours, at that time government and media would just disappear, everyone would have to make their own decision on how to react.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
While I do believe in the existence of extraterrestrials, I do not believe they are currently here on Earth. With the kepler space telescope finding more "Earth like planets" than previously thought existed and NASA releasing this knowledge on sites like Discovery News almost on a daily basis, there really is no reason to keep knowledge of alien existence a secret. I would think that NASA would get critical financial backing if they could prove aliens were among us. Many people think NASA's budget should be cut further and focused on problems were facing on Earth. Were I think there is nothing more important than focusing as much attention as possible to exploring our galaxy and becoming a space faring people.

Further more, NASA allows people at home to view their missions live via the internet and NASA tv. Wanna watch a live video of NASA control center or astronauts floating in space? There's an app for that. It seems to me that NASA tries pretty hard to keep the public interested in its endeavors.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rpdowning

I think that if et's had the knowledge to even get here, they would know how to go unseen. Im guessing that we could only detects et life by actually finding a planet inhabited. a space ship, as big as it may be, is like a single molecule in the vastness of space. a telescope would have such a difficult time pinpointing one.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Disclosure is relevant but for every human himself.

new topics

top topics

join