It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior US Marine Says "Multiple Platoons" Are Headed To Egypt

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
How many days will it be before Israel organises an attack on an American ship near Egypt and tries to blame it on the Egyptians?

One way or another, Israel will try to manipulate America into propping up either Mubarak or their next tame puppet.

I think that already happened in 1967, to the USS Liberty. Although that has more or less disappeared down the " rabbit hole " of history. The average person is probably not aware of that particular incident, but who knows. I think it would be too risky.

I don't think that particular tactic will be tried again, because more people are becoming aware of false flag events, and starting to look more closely when *stuff happens*.

As far as America being manipulated into supporting Mubarak or another hand-picked puppet, Frank Wisner has already been injecting his personal opinion into the mix....it never takes long, before the puppets start dancing while the strings are being pulled.

IMHO

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Don't condescend to me

Apologies. My rant was not specifically pointed at you, it was at the circumstance. You asked for "precedence" and I gave you history.

I do hold to what I have said. US marines are not and do not act "solo" on behalf (of/by/for) the American people, that is the grand fallacy. They act in concert on behalf of/by/for globalization/zionism/corporatism/CFR-bilderbergism. Right now it is in imperial profit/power seeking interest to prop up a new puppet in Egypt.

Sri Oracle

edit on 8-2-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

No problem. It was just an honest question that I looked and cannot find the answer to. I know they've gone in before to get U.S. citizens out of volatile places but am not familiar with any cases of them having gone in to supervise elections or interfere in governments solo, as in not as part of a peacekeeping mission. If they run covert ops or commission mercs, that would neither be general knowledge nor the same thing as is happening here.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by janon
So what happens then? [] Start killing Egyptian citizens and label them 'insurgents?'

bing bing bing. Any anti-colonial Egyptian that does not support the new globalist puppet will be labeled an "extremist".

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sending in "The Marines" to do anything but an extremely specific mission makes no sense. I was just in Egypt two momnths ago and FWIW at least I've seen it. Cairo is a city of over 20 million. It is HUGE by any standard. It just goes on forever. It's mostly apartment houses that are anywhere from four to ten storeys tall. It's side streets are not paved. the entire city is (as you might expect) extremely sandy, but beyond the sand it is just plain dirty. People don't pick up theor garbage so it litters the streets. Dumpsters are overflowing. There are probably a million feral cats roaming the streets. The traffic is horrendous. The "ring road,: a four lane freeway that looks just like a typical interstate, is constantly jammed with traffic turning it into a six-lane road. The Nile River cuts right through town and is spanned by a few bridges, but this means traffic and people are forced through "hourglasses" to get from one side to the other.

Westerners are typically housed on an island in the middle of the Nile, a fairkly rich diistrict. Tourists stay in a heavily armed and guarded tourist hotel, the Pyramid Sands (?? or something similar). The entire place is heavily armed. You can see pill boxes along the roadways with muzzles of automatic weapons sticking out. The entire place is unbelievably crowded and busy.

Now we hear "several platoons" are being "deployed" to Egypt. It surely is for nothing big. This amounts to a handfull of Marines, who are light infantry, who are capable of holding a small piece of ground for a short while. That's all.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

what are u expecting the usa to take control and steal all the oil lol

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Now we hear "several platoons" are being "deployed" to Egypt. It surely is for nothing big. This amounts to a handfull of Marines, who are light infantry, who are capable of holding a small piece of ground for a short while. That's all.

Thats all

...until they get shot at.

I'm not sure where you're from... but how would you feel about foreign soldiers holding a small piece of your backyard for a short while?

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If they run covert ops or commission mercs, that would neither be general knowledge nor the same thing as is happening here.

You don't think there are covert ops and agent provocs involved in this "unrest"

???

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Originally posted by schuyler

Thats all

...until they get shot at.

I'm not sure where you're from... but how would you feel about foreign soldiers holding a small piece of your backyard for a short while?

Sri Oracle

If it were the embassy of my country, technically that's MY backyard, not theirs. It's US soverign territory. But you neatly circumvented my major point, which is that a small handful of Marines is NOT capable of doing much of anything in that situation. I am challenging the idea that they are being sent to that are to "invade" anybody! If they send the Second Army over there in troop ships, let's talk. But "several platoons" is hardly even a token force.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DieselCecil
There should be a better way to evacuate citizens than sending in marines and wars ships to the shores of egypt! What kind of message is that going to send to the egyption people? We are the last country (other than isreal) that they want coming into their country right now for any reason.

I wouldnt be suprised if they were there for something more than just evacuations. America has too much invested into Murbaraks regime (Thanks to isreal) to see him walk away and give egypt the freedom we all deserve.

These are all just orders sent from the tel aviv masters to our traitorist "leaders" to keep the noise down.....If eygpt has a successful revolution against mubarak, the saudis will follow and Israel will be all alone and left to the wolves..
edit on 7-2-2011 by DieselCecil because: (no reason given)

Screw" the Message to the Egyptian people":The world hates us now. but the inbound empty helicopter transports look really good to folks trying to escape chaos.

edit on 8-2-2011 by 46ACE because: linky no worky

edit on 8-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

If they run covert ops or commission mercs, that would neither be general knowledge nor the same thing as is happening here.

You don't think there are covert ops and agent provocs involved in this "unrest"

???

Sri Oracle

Perhaps there are, perhaps not - that remains to be seen; however, one thing is for sure that those agents are not US Soldiers or Marines.

Covert operations is the preview of the CIA not the military, while Special OPs types can and do have certain covert missions they are primarily related to anti-terrorism and intelligence gathering not regime change.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

I'm not sure yet. And in any case, this mission is probably not related.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'm not sure yet. And in any case, this mission is probably not related.

I suppose I am more of the school that most "major" action on the political theater is orchestrated and that nearly every mission is related.

call me paranoid

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuylerBut you neatly circumvented my major point, which is that a small handful of Marines is NOT capable of doing much of anything in that situation. I am challenging the idea that they are being sent to that are to "invade" anybody!

Perhaps... and perhaps they are there just to be shot at, so that there is then "reason" to invade. That would be much of something,

no?

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
In this particular case, you might be being paranoid

(Hey, you made me do it!)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Still no confirm to this news... Sending forces near, but still standing at the sea, is totally different than sending them "in". But orginal story gives us a realistic week, before anything is done, if preparations was really ordered in weekend, so we have to focus - to the end of this week, to get the truth out from this rumor.

In Cairo looks like situation stays unchanged, nillions are in the streets and everything is still possible - and today workers in suez went to strike. Keeping waterway open is high priority task, and this new strike without any ending time informed, is not going to ease pressure in Pentagon.

Thanks from interesting postings, lets keep our eyes open on this one!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuylerBut you neatly circumvented my major point, which is that a small handful of Marines is NOT capable of doing much of anything in that situation. I am challenging the idea that they are being sent to that are to "invade" anybody!

Perhaps... and perhaps they are there just to be shot at, so that there is then "reason" to invade. That would be much of something,

no?

No. Pure speculation.

First, the administration is certainly not threatening any such scenario. They seem befuddled at best. You certainly don't have any political will here with either politics or public.

Second, you have to ask yourself: Invade with what? Forces are stretched thin. If you are going to invade, you need a substantial build-up. That has not happened and a few Marines do not constitute it. We have one half-strength Ampibious Ready Group nearby and no others within half a world away. We have, rather accidentally, three CVNs in the general area. This was unintended. There is usually only one, but these were scheduled deployments planned a year ago. That's a significant amount of airpower, but that's all it is--300 airplanes. Without backup (which is not there) it can't sustain. It would take six months minimum to mount a serious effort.

Third, you have to ask, "What for?" We have been allies with Egypt for a generation. The hope here, at a policy level, is that the Egyptian infrastructure, including the military, stays in place. Otherwise we have a potential Iran on our hands. Our entire issue here is to keep the balance of power intact. This includes keeping a couple of elements contained: Islamic extremism and......Israel. Our entire foreign policy in that area over the last 30 years has been to convince Egypt, Jordan, and Israel that keeping the peace is superior to war. It;s in everyone'sw best interests to keep the tourism industry chunking thousands of people a week through Cairo and Luxor to the Sinai, through Jordan and Petra, and into Israel.

Now I know this doesn't sit well with "Free Egypt from Oppression" crowd, but you (or maybe it was your parents) said that about Iran, too. And look what happened there. Is anyone proud of how that turned out? We certainly don't want that to happen again.

So you have three rather large reasons why invading Egypt is not a practical or sound thing to contemplate and three reasons why it's not going to happen. I'm not at all certain this will turn out well, but that will be because of an inept and clueless US administration that has no idea what it is doing. Either way, we're still not going to invade Egypt. It's not going to happen.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join