It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior US Marine Says "Multiple Platoons" Are Headed To Egypt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ha, all the doubters are right, they are really deploying the Marines to protect the stargates under the pyramids

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
How many days will it be before Israel organises an attack on an American ship near Egypt and tries to blame it on the Egyptians?

One way or another, Israel will try to manipulate America into propping up either Mubarak or their next tame puppet.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
oh yeah ..... all we need now is obama to be the front man. i dont understand why we have to get into the middle of something that is about to go terribly wrong. itz none of our BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why make the situation worse, than it already is.. S&F good post

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Military build up in Middle East.
Marines apparently moving to the area.
Most US ambassadors called home for meeting last week.
Pole shift predictions for March.
Comet near miss for Oct. 2011.

Things sure seem to be adding up to STRANGE. The acute issue with Egypt and this alleged news of our military movements to the area seem to signal a possible escalation in the area. The area is upset and the likelihood of destabilization is high.

As I read ATS there seems to more issues arising that could be easily connected to form a doom and gloom outlook. Whether these events escalate into something greater we will not know until the point of no return has passed. So I am glad I get to read the news and opinions posted to have the opportunity to let my imagination go.

I will keep reading for the next piece of the end game puzzle.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
A Marine Platoon cosists of 36 people, 3 squads of 3 fire teams each. It doesn't even make sense to talk of "multiple platoons." The Marines wouldn't even move less than a battalion at a time.

For special cases such as Egypt, they may certainly move "multiple platoons". When I was active duty USMC, there were certainly many times when "multiple platoons" would be sent somewhere, like Sri Lanka to help clean up back in early 2000. Sometimes an entire company, consisting of "multiple platoons" would be deployed to train in Ulchi Focus Lens in Korea, or even just one platoon within the company, Like Motor T deploying to Afghanistan.. Even times when ONE person would be deployed somewhere, like an individual augment to Iraq.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems like they let Wael Ghonim of prison today/yesterday. Apparently he is the one that made the facebook page to start this whole revolution.

Seems like he did an Interview (cant watch it on the Link in the Thread for whatever Reason) on Egyptian TV which may very well get the Flames burning again.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by schuyler
A Marine Platoon cosists of 36 people, 3 squads of 3 fire teams each. It doesn't even make sense to talk of "multiple platoons." The Marines wouldn't even move less than a battalion at a time.

For special cases such as Egypt, they may certainly move "multiple platoons". When I was active duty USMC, there were certainly many times when "multiple platoons" would be sent somewhere, like Sri Lanka to help clean up back in early 2000. Sometimes an entire company, consisting of "multiple platoons" would be deployed to train in Ulchi Focus Lens in Korea, or even just one platoon within the company, Like Motor T deploying to Afghanistan.. Even times when ONE person would be deployed somewhere, like an individual augment to Iraq.

I've never heard of "Multiple platoons" being sent anywhere (excluding training)...I don't picture a "Senior Marine" saying "multiple platoons" ... I'm not saying it can't happen , I'm just saying I've never heard it. It's like hearing "multiple fireteams" it just sounds odd , I could see him saying "Multiple Companies" though.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

That will be to reinforce the USMC presence at the American Embassy. Normal procedure but why did they wait so long I wonder?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This is interesting...

My good friend was in town this weekend. He is a Marine and recently returned home from being deployed. We didn't talk about his experience much. I was watching Restrepo on Netflix and we started chatting about his deployment. He didn't get into details of his experience and you could tell he wasn't too comfortable talking about it. As we talked he made a comment about to the effect of, "Marines will be in Egypt within the next couple months."

Knowing what I know about him, he isn't the type to brag or boost especially about his job, and the way he said it was so matter of fact that it struck me as odd. He flew home this morning... I wonder if he knew something about this and wasn't saying anything about it because he didn't want to upset any of his family or his girlfriend.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
What assets are worth protecting. Where is the money in Egypt ? Oil ?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

I think the US is sending troops over to keep the peace and to be in place in case fringe aspects of this revolution rise up and try to take it over. They are doing this to protect Israeli since Egypt was on of its biggest allies in the region.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well a multi-national force may go and try to insure the Suez stays open. That is a international concern and may also means other nations may be sent there as well. I know that puts a bummer on the conspiracy, but is highly likely. The question is who else maybe deploying troops?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
They are deploying several platoons of Marines to assist US Citizen evacs from Egypt.

That's the official excuse, anyway. Once they're there, I bet they don't leave in a hurry. No doubt they will hang around to help "stabilize" the area.

Most likely they are going in to help Cheney's "good friend" Mubarak.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
What assets are worth protecting.

Look where the troops are gathering. There's your assets.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

That's usually what happens on this site, and when these people are called out for the utter crap they post, they start threads complaining and moaning. Occasionally they accuse others of being disinfo agents and working for governments and being on this or that payroll.

Anyway, I think people should relax. There isn't a war in Egypt on the cards. A few platoons wont do much.
They are most likely being sent to secure American interests, like the embassy, if it becomes necessary.
Perhaps the Suez Canal?
It really depends on what is being deployed along with those troops.
Just troops, or are they sending in armour and air support as well?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
It says, "to assist in the evacuation of U.S. citizens."

Are you guys saying it's more than this? That this might be a clever ruse to get in there for other reasons? What other reasons would even be valid or have a precedent, other than maybe UN peacekeeping?

Installation of a puppet politician through psuedo democratic elections between puppet choice #1 or puppet choice #2...

Just like a typical US election.

Hate to have to be the one to state the obvious.

This is the way business is done.

Step 1: Manufacture chaos and crisis through internationally imposed economic hardships. Ie the Feds dumping of dollars to destabilize the commodity market thereby causing 50% price shocks on foodstuffs in Egypt.

Step 2: Use the western mass media apparatus to manufacture consent for the overthrow of a weak government on “humanitarian” grounds.

Step 3: Then TPTB use the US Marine Corp, mercenaries, and UN "peacekeepers" to "secure elections" thereby installing puppet political leaders who then in turn sign over all of a countries natural resources to TPTB. In this case: petroleum, natural gas, phosphates, and iron ore.

Step 4: Just watch... first the marines will "protect" the elections, then they will protect the Halliburton, KBR, Dyncorp, Parsons, CIS,, Titan Corp., Bechtel, Fluor, Koll, Wackenhut, General Dynamics, EG&G Technical Services, et. al. black suit executive signatories as they fly in one by one on their private jets to legally rape and pillage.

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

So basically, your answer is Iraq and Afghanistan are the precedents?

My question was, when have we ever done this aside from those two instances? Brought in U.S. troops alone vs. as a part of a UN peacekeeping mission? Have we?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
So basically, your answer is Iraq and Afghanistan are the precedents?

My question was, when have we ever done this aside from those two instances? Brought in U.S. troops alone vs. as a part of a UN peacekeeping mission? Have we?

US troops... UN troops... Mercenaries... do you think any of those forces represent "the people"?

precedents...

South Sudan?
Where the gold in Columbia going?
Nigeria?
Angola?
Ghana?
Sandinistas in Nicaragua?
Invasion of Panama?

Troops fight wars and "secure" countries for one reason: Imperial Resources

What is the difference between a US Marine, a UN peacekeeper, and a Wakenhut merc if they're all fighting for corporate gold?

click here for a Panama perspective.

Its all the same.

Here... read this article... then get back to us w/ your thoughts:

www.revcom.us...

The United States knew about the torture, abuse, indefinite detention, political suppression, rape and sexual assault that had been taking place over years under the Mubarak regime that it fully backed. Did the U.S. ever threaten to cut off aid to Egypt's military and security apparatus? Never. Did it ever make a public issue of Egypt's treatment of dissidents? Never. Did the U.S., which claims to champion human rights as universal for all people, ever mount an effort in the United Nations to sanction or embargo Egypt, or even pass a resolution condemning Egypt's actions which flagrantly violate international laws on torture? Never.

In fact, just the opposite. Mubarak has been in power for 30 years—30 years of horrors for Egyptians and Palestinians, and 30 years of loyal service to U.S. imperialism. For this service, Mubarak has consistently been praised, supported, worked closely with, and given billions and billions in aid. Only now, when Mubarak has become the focus of massive and courageous demonstrations in the street, demanding he step down—only now when Mubarak threatens to be a liability to U.S. imperialism and its control of Egypt and the Middle East—only now is the U.S. trying to figure out how to carefully orchestrate a "transition" in which Mubarak eventually steps down but the Egyptian government remains subordinate to the needs of U.S. imperialism.

I'll note that IMHO it is a greater force that "us imperialism" pulling the strings.

Sri Oracle
edit on 8-2-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Don't condescend to me with your history lesson and what-if scenarios to skirt around my question. If you cannot answer the simple question, I have my answer from you.

My question remains and is still specific to the point. We have never, to my knowledge, sent in US Marines solo to do what some are speculating might happen here in Egypt. These troops are going to get U.S. citizens out. Any thing further at this point remains fear and speculation until proven otherwise, and this is a non-issue.

edit on 2/8/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Are any other counties deploying troops to Egypt to rescue citizens or is this a US only endeavor? I just can't imagine anyone going in and not expecting the Egyptian people to attack the invading army. So what happens then? Are they going to return fire? Set up a FOB? Start killing Egyptian citizens and label them 'insurgents?'

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join