It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior US Marine Says "Multiple Platoons" Are Headed To Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Senior US Marine Says "Multiple Platoons" Are Headed To Egypt

www.businessinsider.com

A senior member of the US Marine corps is telling people "multiple platoons" are deploying to Egypt, a source tells us.

There is a system within the US Marines that alerts the immediate families of high-ranking marines when their marine will soon be deployed to an emergency situation where they will not be able to talk to their spouses or families.

That alert just went out, says our source.

This senior Marine told our source that the Pentagon will deploy "multiple platoons" to Egypt...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am looking for confirm for this news what I find today.

I link this directly to this:

Urgent: Bilderberg Group Meets In Wash., D.C., April 2011
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And to this:

TODAY, FEB 7, 2011 - Clinton's Short Notice All Hands Meeting of the 270 Ambassadors and Consulars
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And latest news from PressTV (Fueled by same rumors?)

Egyptians stage anti-US rallies
www.presstv.com...

What I see is terrible... Fast escalation, US intervention? What have you find to back this news, or please, debunk this!

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I would like to add to this that my friends brother who serves in the 10th Mountain Division has received notification of deployment to an undisclosed location, she said he led her to believe it would be Egypt without actually telling her for what it's worth. I wonder that the hell is going on?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

How can you link the deployment story to the others that you linked?
You are reaching here...not to mention fear mongering and trolling the NWO and SHTF nut jobs.

Did you read the entire story on the link you provided?

They are deploying several platoons of Marines to assist US Citizen evacs from Egypt. That's it. Perfect example of reading WAY to far into something.

Edit to add: I can see the Anti US rallies link...hence why we go to help out our own. You should lose the other 2 links. That Bilderberg link is totally irrelevant. Time will tell if the ambassadors meeting link is legit for this deployment of US Troops.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

If the US throws even partial military support behind the Mumbarrak regime, things are going to get messy quickly. I think they would have to be pretty naive to make a move like that.

I dont like the way things are going, and think the egyptian people should be left to their own devices. If the US can support a dictatorship, why cant other regional powers come to the support of Egypt.

The people need to come out victorious in this fight to set a model for what is going to happen across the continent.

payce
edit on 7-2-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They've already sent in some Marines last week to defend the US embassy from any attacks or looters etc. A few platoons isn't much now if the word comes down the 3rd ID is going to Egypt get ready to rumble.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A Marine Platoon cosists of 36 people, 3 squads of 3 fire teams each. It doesn't even make sense to talk of "multiple platoons." The Marines wouldn't even move less than a battalion at a time.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Just to clarify:
en.wikipedia.org...

Ground Combat Elements

The basic organization of Marine Corps infantry units follows the "rule of threes", which places three subordinates under a commander, not counting support elements[6]. The organization and weapons are from the Marine Corps Table of Organization and Equipment standard. Note that these are principles, but according to manpower and mission needs units can deviate from the TOE (e.g. with 4 subordinate units instead of 3, or a commander who is a rank above or below the rank specified). Supporting units will have their own organization and equipment, but generally also follow the "rule of threes"

* A fire team is the basic element of the GCE. It consists of four Marines: the team leader/rifleman (M4/M16), one rifleman (M4/M16), one grenadier (M4/M16 with M203) and one light machine gunner (M249). The team leader is typically a Lance Corporal or Corporal.
* A squad is made up of three fire teams, in addition to a Corporal or Sergeant as squad leader.
* A rifle platoon consists of three squads, and a headquarters element made up of a Platoon Commander, a Platoon Sergeant and a Navy Corpsman. The Platoon Sergeant advises the commander, usually a 2nd or 1st Lieutenant, in making decisions. A weapons platoon will substitute for the squads a 60 mm mortar section, an assault section, and a medium machine gun (M240G) section. It is led by a 2nd or 1st Lieutenant.
* A rifle company consists of three rifle platoons, a weapons platoon, and support staff. A weapons company will substitute for the rifle platoons an 81 mm mortar platoon, an anti-armor platoon, and a heavy machine gun platoon.

There is also a Headquarters and Service Company, consisting of a headquarters platoon, a communications platoon, a service platoon, and the Battalion Aid Station. It is led by a Captain.

* A battalion consists of three rifle companies, one weapons company, and one Headquarters and Service Company, commanded by a Lieutenant Colonel.
* A regiment consists of three battalions, led by a Colonel
* A division, commanded by a Major General, comprises three infantry regiments and an artillery regiment, and additional specialized units, such as armor.

A brigade, commanded by a brigadier general, is less common in the Marine Corps, but is typically made up of one or more regiments plus support units.

Battalions and larger units have a Sergeant Major, and an Executive Officer as second in command, plus officers and others for: Administration (S-1), Intelligence (S-2), Operations (S-3), Logistics (S-4), Civil Affairs (wartime only) (S-5), and Communications (S-6). Units of battalion size or larger may be reinforced by the addition of supporting tank or artillery units, as in the Battalion Landing Teams comprising the GCEs of Marine Expeditionary Units.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Double Post...
Not sure why/how it happened.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Guys this is how it has to happen for the King of the South to oppose Israel. Read your Bible.
Daniel 11:40

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
And latest news from PressTV (Fueled by same rumors?)

Egyptians stage anti-US rallies
www.presstv.com...

The only part of the article that would justify the “anti-US rallies” headline in any way whatsoever is - “many slogans in Cairo's Liberation Square are directed at the US, Israel and France”, and that in itself does not constitute an anti-US rally.

As a source I would trust “my Nan said” over Press TV, seriously. Just say no.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Press TV has an article on this also dated Today Feb 7th, 2011...

The US is sending warships, including one with 800 troops, and other military assets to Egypt as the revolution in the North African country gains momentum.

Officials in Washington have stated that the move is to be prepared in case of an evacuation of Americans from Egypt.

Pentagon has dismissed widespread assumptions that military intervention in Cairo is being contemplated, asserting that the objective of the deployment is mainly for the evacuation of US citizens in case the situation in Egypt further deteriorates.

Separately, a US aircraft carrier has been asked to abort its mission and stay in the Mediterranean.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well - the article linked in the OP states that the reason is...

This senior Marine told our source that the Pentagon will deploy "multiple platoons" to Egypt over the next few days and that the official reason will be ‘to assist in the evacuation of US citizens

This could be the case as they may expect things to get even more chaotic there before there is calm - or they may feel the citizens are currently in danger (because of the TV crews being attacked), or they may fear (or know) that a far more "anti-US" force is about to take control of the government and want the US citizens out.

Before all of this started here are known to be a handful of US military in Cario and more out in the Sinai as part of MFO.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It says, "to assist in the evacuation of U.S. citizens."

Are you guys saying it's more than this? That this might be a clever ruse to get in there for other reasons? What other reasons would even be valid or have a precedent, other than maybe UN peacekeeping?

reply to post by Frogs

Sorry we were typing at the same time...exactly. The former possibility you mention (about and anti-U.S. government) would be most alarming. And if that were the purpose, we'd probably never really ever know it for sure.

Foreign troops on our soil...always a concern for any citizens of any nations, eh?

edit on 2/7/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I was never a Marine and outside of MARSOC I don't know much about their missions; especially those of the Marine Security Guard Battalion that guards the Embassies.

However, if they are indeed deploying "platoons" which I highly doubt they could be some kind of quick reaction force within the Marine Security Battalion who could reinforce the detachment already there.

Just a quick note on doctrine - we usually don't deploy platoon sized elements anywhere by themselves other than a SEAL platoon which is something totally different.

I did look on their web site but it didn't mention a QRF type unit that they might have.

Certainly there is some kind of contingency for their reinforcement but likely if they deploy anyone it will be the MEU from the Med Sea as no one is going to put some Company Grade officer into the middle of the hottest international situation smoking and let him make decisions. (Special OPS excluded of course; even then he's on a short leash...)

Also, I guess it’s now the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group (MCESG) sorry been a while since I dealt with an Embassy.

MCESG – Mission

The primary mission of the Marine Security Guard (MSG) is to provide internal security at designated U.S. diplomatic and consular facilities in order to prevent the compromise of classified material vital to the national security of the United States. The secondary mission of the MSG is to provide protection for U.S. citizens and U.S government property located within designated U.S. diplomatic and consular premises during exigent circumstances (urgent temporary circumstances which require immediate aid or action).

Marine Corps Embassy Security Group (MCESG) Region Commands report to the Commanding Officer of MCESG and exercise command, less operational supervision, of Marines assigned to the Marine Security Guard (MSG) detachments in their respective regions. The MCESG Region Headquarters ensure the continued training, operational readiness, personnel administration, logistical support, as well as the morale, welfare, and discipline of Marines assigned for duty to MSG detachments at designated U.S. diplomatic missions in order to support the Department of State in the protection of classified material at foreign posts.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Uh oh....

I am glad I am not in Egypt.

Its a bad scene man..

so sad..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
www.pakalertpress.com...

This article refers to a couple US newspaper articles. May be related.

Connecticut’s newspaper The Day noted on January 24th:

Connecticut National Guard Detachment 2, Company I, 185th Aviation Regiment of Groton has mobilized and will deploy to the Sinai Peninsula, Egypt, to support the Multinational Force and Observers.

The unit left Connecticut Jan. 15 for Fort Benning, Ga., for further training and validation. The unit operates C-23C Sherpa aircraft and has deployed three times in the last seven years in support of the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The unit will provide an on-demand aviation asset to the Multinational Force and Observers commander to support its mission of supervising the security provisions of the Egypt/ Israel Peace Treaty.

Yesterday, the Los Angeles Times reported:

The Pentagon is moving U.S. warships and other military assets to make sure it is prepared in case evacuation of U.S. citizens from Egypt becomes necessary, officials said Friday.

The Kearsarge, an amphibious assault ship carrying 700 to 800 troops from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, and the Ponce have arrived in the Red Sea, putting them off Egypt’s shores in case the situation worsens.

Pentagon officials emphasized that military intervention in Egypt was not being contemplated and that the warships were being moved only for contingency purposes in case evacuations became necessary.

In addition to the Marines, the Kearsarge normally carries around four dozen helicopters and harrier jets that would permit evacuations and other humanitarian operations, the officials said. More than 1,000 Marines from the Kearsarge were sent to Afghanistan last month on a temporary deployment, leaving roughly one-third still aboard, officials said.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Evacuating Americans is certainly a good primary reason to put boots on the ground and so is the need to protect sensitive military technologies.

Now fears over Egyptian WMD technology that may fall into the wrong hands as a result of the unrest. Perhaps it already has.
Read on
www.newsmax.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Its no secret that the US used Egypt as a place to make prisoners "comply" because of their lax torture laws. I am not stating anything new. There was actually a special about this on 60 minutes. I will try and find the episode for ref. www.cbsnews.com...
1.It is not a far stretch that the US will not want records of what went on in those prisons and what the specific arrangements were falling into the wrong hands. This is a tactically sound decision as the fallout from more records of this nature ref Wikileaks would not be acceptable.

1995 President Bill Clinton issues Presidential Decision Directive 39 (PDD-39), which authorizes the "extraordinary rendition," or transfer, of non-citizen prisoners to Egypt for interrogation and trial. Egypt is known to practice torture, and statements obtained by torture in Egypt have been put to use by U.S. intelligence agencies. Human rights activists have argued that this is often the whole point of extraordinary rendition--it allows U.S. intelligence agencies to have prisoners tortured without breaking U.S. anti-torture laws.

2.When Iraq was invaded many titles records documents were confiscated. It makes sense that if this catalyzes into a tradgety that whoever gets their hands on this information first will have intelligence superiority for that country.

Whatever the stated motives are. We have to remember that this is a very real case of even more people losing their lives. Whether its servicemen who signed on for this lifestyle or civilians caught in friendly fire. My hope is that. The powers that be in this situation will remember that there are many political prisoners being tortured at the moment. By all reports possibly thousands since the riots. That they will remember them and secure their release even if it is only for PR. MY hope that it would be an act of conscience.

To get this straight I am pro human on this issue I don't want to see our brothers and sisters on either side of the coin have to endure more suffering. I feel for the servicemen put in this position and the people seeking their freedom.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Shirak because: To add references

edit on 7-2-2011 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There should be a better way to evacuate citizens than sending in marines and wars ships to the shores of egypt! What kind of message is that going to send to the egyption people? We are the last country (other than isreal) that they want coming into their country right now for any reason.

I wouldnt be suprised if they were there for something more than just evacuations. America has too much invested into Murbaraks regime (Thanks to isreal) to see him walk away and give egypt the freedom we all deserve.

These are all just orders sent from the tel aviv masters to our traitorist "leaders" to keep the noise down.....If eygpt has a successful revolution against mubarak, the saudis will follow and Israel will be all alone and left to the wolves..
edit on 7-2-2011 by DieselCecil because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join