It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputies: Fla. man stabbed because he was Muslim

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Deputies: Fla. man stabbed because he was Muslim

www.cfnews13.com

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. --

Authorities say a Florida man is accused of stabbing another man in the neck after learning he was Muslim during a discussion about religion.

According to an arrest affidavit, the man who was stabbed told 52-year-old Bradley Kent Strott that he was Muslim while the two talked on Saturday. Investigators say Strott then grabbed the man by his shirt and stabbed him with a pocket knife.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Talk about your heated debates. What could drive someone to stab another person because of religion? Could it be the relentless news coverage that places the religion in a bad light? The fear mongering?

I don't know. One thing for sure though, this guy shouldn't have been able to bond out of jail. He was released on a fifteen thousand dollar bond. So what amount did it take to release him? One thousand five hundred if I'm not mistaken.

I wonder if the guy thinks that God would look upon his actions as favorable? Insane isn't it?

www.cfnews13.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A simple but good survival tip is to not talk too much. For example, if you're in a room full of people who hate 'X' do not tell all of them that you are 'X'.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Yes, nowadays one must shut themselves off from everyone else and regard them with suspicion. You never know what beliefs they hold and they could be dangerous. These are tense times and require diligence on the part of everyone who believes that they are correct in what they believe. Unless of course you know that there are like minded individuals around that outnumber the questionable ones. Sound advice in a twisted world.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

It's getting to be like the 1960's all over again. This morning I heard that Palin was slated to do a speech to a Veterans Organization and they had to cancel due to threats. Does not matter whether I agree with her or not, it is just as wrong as this.

It's our leaders and the horrible example they are setting in their political discourse. The 1960's were just like this. Sad we have gone backwards it seems.

I've gotten to know a Muslim from Ethiopia and a few from the Sudan lately. They love America they tell me and hate Terrorists the same as I do. For the most part though, they have been treated good by the community here.

If your looking to place blame though, I'd place it on the Islamic Jihadists as the real cause. They are making it hard for all sides. Muslims don't get a fair shake and it's hard for non-Muslims to come to grips with this because of the extremists activities. The radical Muslims trying to force themselves on the world will continue to make it harder and harder on other Muslims and I don't think there is an easy answer as there seems to be millions of these radicals purposefully driving wedges between us. I'm both surprised and encouraged these stories are as rare as they are.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

If your looking to place blame though, I'd place it on the Islamic Jihadists as the real cause. They are making it hard for all sides.

You're right, we hear an awful lot about the Islamic Jihadists. I believe the guy who did the stabbing should be exonerated because it was the Islamic Jihadists fault. Now what kind of extremists are we fomenting?

Every story has two sides. The Islamic Jihadists see the Christian Cross and equate it with invasion and occupation and senseless murders and terrorism. We see the Islamic Crescent and equate it with murders and terrorism. No one has a firm grip on what is really going on. In my opinion of course.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

What could drive someone to stab another person because of religion?

Ask the muslim guy. They blow themselves and others up because of their religion.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The man who did the stabbing of course deserves whatever the law allows. There is never a justification for that. We will see more of this though. Islamic Extremists will in fact cause a counter-group to form and grow. Look at the mess it's made of the Middle East. The worst hit victims are the Muslims themselves. Far more Muslims are killed by Muslim upon Muslim violence than any other thing. If I did not blame them in a big way, I'd have my head buried firmly in the sand.

The only solution is education and interaction. How do you do that though? A culture that purposefully cuts itself off from all other cultures is a hard nut to crack.

I made the Muslim friends I've made here because I introduced myself into their lives. They still stay separate and to be honest they make little effort to mingle with others. I fully understand that being Refugees, but what is the answer? I certainly don't have an answer. We Humans are very flawed in this regard.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I don't think you can look at this and draw any far-reaching conclusions one way or the other.

There are simply a whole lot of crazy people out there, of all stripes.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Are you christian? Is it ok for me to stab you to death cause your religion has killed millions in the past and is atm. 'liberating' the middle east. By your logic it would be just fine to you. If you happen to be of another belief that wont matter. They all do it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Since the past two decades, we have learned that the muslim jihadists are to blame for suicidal bombings, I don't think I'll be shedding a tear for this guy who was stabbed in the neck~

Par taking in a religion that embraces and promotes the death of innocent, regardless of who they may be...is hard for me to get disgruntled about~

Just one less we have to worry about I guess?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
...heres another article a bit more in-depth...

www2.tbo.com...

...he shouldve been charged with attempted murder and sent to a psyche unit for evaluation... blaming jihadists is ridiculous... the blame belongs solely to the whack job that cant control himself...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Tell that to the families that lost loved ones in 9/11. Those where radical islam jihadists ( muslim ) ~
edit on 7-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Happens daily in the Middle East. Blowing up hundreds a day because they are #e or Sunni.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Tell that to the families that lost loved ones in 9/11.

...how do you know i didnt lose loved ones that day?... answer: you dont...

Those where radical islam jihadists ( muslim )

...thats just a matter of opinion...

...exactly who is responsible for 09.11.01 has never been proven - but - the propaganda put out by the federal government sure has been used to fuel hatred, insanity and war, which spawns more hatred, insanity and war - and - thats good for the military industrial complex...

...none of that really has anything to do with the crime this thread is discussing except that some very misguided people are using their paranoia and need to hate to excuse and/or justify a violent crime...

...those who are defending the florida whack-job would be having raging hissy fits if the story had been that a muslim man stabbed a christian man...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

exactly who is responsible for 09.11.01 has never been proven

I'll give you that, so with that said, for the past several decades it is known FACT that crazy radical muslim jihadists have been the culprit for the deaths of many innocent, around the world. I hardly can find a tear for one ( muslim ) that lost his/her life in the name of their religion. Me personally, I think ALL religion needs to be eradicated! Religion has been the cause of more war, famine and plagues..more than anything else in history.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Oh those evil religious extremists......

Did anyone else happen to see the two men were in a bar drinking together before the stabbing?

My guess is if Mr. Ebodi was drinking in a bar and his family doesn't have a problem saying he was in the bar drinking, they are far from the religious extremists that some are trying making all Muslims out to be.

If any one was a religious extremist in this case it is Bradley Strott, the non Muslim guy. Where is the attack on everything he believes in?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
BAN ALCOHOL!!!

AND BAN KNIFES TOO!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Since the past two decades, we have learned that the muslim jihadists are to blame for suicidal bombings, I don't think I'll be shedding a tear for this guy who was stabbed in the neck~

Par taking in a religion that embraces and promotes the death of innocent, regardless of who they may be...is hard for me to get disgruntled about~

I will remind you, that during the Crusades it was those maniacs called "Christians" who promoted the deaths of innocents in the Muslim world. Who spitted infants on pikes. Now tell me that again?

Religion is a tool. It is used to subvert the masses. Nothing more.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

I will remind you, that during the Crusades it was those maniacs called "Christians" who promoted the deaths of innocents in the Muslim world. Who spitted infants on pikes. Now tell me that again?

Religion is a tool. It is used to subvert the masses. Nothing more.

Real belief is to be had in solitary moments looking upon the face of the night sky, not in gaudy spectacles of King and Country, and not in messages of hate. On either side.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join