It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In fear of what may come I have moved to Alaska with $800.00 in my pocket.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by robotically

Hehe, I hear ya. I've been working at a salmon factory myself for a couple of months. Took me a year to eat even wild salmon after that.
Work as a fisherman myself now with my own boat, mostly cod, halibut, anglerfish, haddock and ling.

If you know of any jobs on boats in Alaska give me a pm, not for the money, the adventure is the big kicker

I'm not scared of anything (except spiders
) and work like three horses on steroids.

Again good luck mate.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

I will make a call and get back to you about the work, could you get a resume' or something proving your experience?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Wow, sounds like quite the adventure! I would love to do something like that, Alaska is much too cold for me though. I’m miserable in anything less than 30 degrees, lol.

Keep us updated with stories, pictures, news, anything you want to share. I’m sure everyone here is interested in hearing all about your experiences over there.

I think your story is really inspiring to those who talk about picking up and moving to a brand new place, leaving everything behind. The fact that your enjoying it so much and adapting so well gives comfort to someone who would otherwise be a bit tentative and unsure whether it would be the right move or not.

So even if there is no pole shift or anything, your standard of living and overall happiness in life has improved, and that alone makes the move well worth it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Epiphron

Awesome man, thanks for that. I am at work right now, I work in an area called "The Valley" because its right smack in the middle of a few great big mountain ranges. It most certainly has not desensitized me yet and I dont think it ever will. I hope and pray Im not just walking around one day and not even taking in my surroundings, I see a lot of people like that and it is sad. When I walk around my head is held high and I am always looking around and taking everything in. I was driving to work this morning and it just hit me again, "I'm in Alaska!! I'm really here!"

It is very humbling makes you feel like just a fraction of a fraction of the grand scheme of it all. ya know?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Watch this video which I posted in another thread, but also believe it is appropiate to post it here.
Once again congrats for having the courage to do something you wanted to do, and then making it happen.

edit on 8/2/11 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Sure, but from my boat right now there is nothing more than proof of ownership I guess. Or I could write a really good recomendation for myself

Nah seriously. The captain on the last boat I worked on before I bought the one I have now could hook me up with some nice papers.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Man, You've got balls. Very inspiring. Everytime I've got no job, I'm considering something like this.
Well, I don't believe this polar shift thing, but there's just happening all other kinds of apocalyptical scenario everyday. You know - NWO-police state..., food crysis, hyperinfation, wars..., and all the biblical (better than 2012) stuff. Your country is becomming a real picture of near-future occult-oligarchy prison-planet. I can't believe my eyes.
I would better head to the south from US borders. (If I weren't in europe - EUSSR
). Learning to crop my own food, provide dried food for couple of years, collecting non-gmo seeds etc. This shall be money soon. (I'm working on it too). You can even start kinda business with some survival stuff YKnow. Frighten them a bit, make some cash and prepare them - everybody's happy
They live in the sweet, clean dark, in their little Alaska Switzerland. Don't fall asleep there bro.
And above all - trying to stay away from the system, At least learning how to. That's the way it's done.
Right now I'm thinking about some nasty, armoured house-car with proper fuel supply (just for all cases) YKn - staing mobile is unreplaceable. Many guys know it for decades. This is one of Your traditions in US which I really love. YK.., guns, homemade nuclear cellars
with radio for case of internet blackout etc.
Peace be with you

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

dude it doesn't even matter if anything happens. that's awesome. this is gonna end in a great story for your grandkids some day, no matter what.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

In fear of what may come, I'm leaving with a twelve pack and taking over the playboy mansion, good luck to everyone!

Acting out of fear is probably the worst thing you could do, if you wanted an adventure, a new life experience then go for it and God bless, have fun, but doing it at of fear is probably not the way to go.

Good luck though
edit on 9-2-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oh, look at this site:
Pole Shift in March? Not Likely!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

We have a house and a large amount of acreage in Washington near the border of canada. It's in the middle of nowhere. It has a well and we plan on growing some food and buying some livestock. I really need to get out of this rat race. I'm sick of living near people, specifically ignorant money hungry ones

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've enjoyed your trip and narrative style, I love your decision, but..

Why do we keep on thinking a Polar Shift would only move the oceans as in a cup of soup? A polar shift would crack the crust. No bunkers, no iron cabins, nothing can protect from such astronomical incident.

The dust lifted afterwards would definetly block sunlight for weeks.
A polar shift is the end of the species.

edit on 10-2-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

To be honest as soon as I got to Juneau I didnt even think about why I came. I just relished the fact that I was here and happy. Being here makes me feel as if an enormous weight has been lifted, I dont know what it is or why but everyone should try a bit of Alaska. It is a world of its own. Many people up here are not from here but they have made it theirs. It is beautiful, serene and stress free. I think when many people "go to a happy place" they envision something like this. I know its my happy place and thats all that matters, polar shift or not I'm ridin it out on Mt. Juneau.

Thanks for all of the encouraging remarks and helpful suggestions to those that actually left them. To those who brought negativity to my thread, thats fine with me at least I know you dont live up here near me, we dont take your kind.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't get the idea of moving to such a cold, northern place where you are forced by the climate to stay in warmed buildings... that unless you get to coexist with the Natives, who are much better adapted to the environment than the occupants.

At -40 C, anyone not enough protected will die in extreme pains within hours. Such an unlikely place to go live "into the wild"!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

I've survived -30 for many years and it's only a few days out of the winter, at least here, that you need to worry about it. My point being is that yes, it is survivable. It's like a game really, cuz you typically get the weather report prior to the Artic blast coming your way so you go to the store and stock up on your favorite junk food and wine and/or beer/hard liquor and you have a great excuse to have a snow/cold day. You figure out what you need; do you have enough gas/diesel in your car/truck, enough wood/propane, groceries, salt and snow shovels, snow blowers/plows to get you out in case of an emergency? And did you know when it's crazy bitter cold the stars shine the brightest? That is what makes it all so worth it.
'

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It could be that nothing ever happens and that is OK. You still saved yourself in one respect. You seem happier and to me that is salvation. Enjoy the beauty and the wonder! I would really enjoy doing something like this but I can’t. I am one of those people that have a lot of birds.
I could never move them all easily. So, I enjoy my escape into beauty here at home with them. I have really enjoyed reading this thread. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm not big into what people perceive to be the "end days"...but maybe I'm ignorant lol...

When I read the OP, I kind of thought "what a fool", but the more I read, the more jealous I've become. It's great to hear that your doin' well. It seems like a gambit, taking 800 to a new place thousands of miles away from home...but a lesson my dad taught me was "If you want to do something, don't let nothin' hold ya back regardless if you succeed or fail".

Best of wishes though!!!

P.S., I'm in MO, some people claim the Madrid Fault line is going to screw us all.

I've lived a great life if that be the case

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join