It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It was a dark green colour with glowing red eyes..flapdoodle!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm angry….I'm frustrated…..I'm jealous as hell..

Why?....Because it would appear that every body around me in my life gets to see the seemingly impossible and I am one of the poor bastards stuck having to call BS on everything I hear or read.

Today was the day I really had to question the possibility of anything grandeur than what you would see on the National geographic channel.
Let me start out by saying that if I am totally incoherent it’s because I don’t really know what I’m trying to say here. I have tried literally 4 times so far in the last 5 hours to rant away about my frustrations in the following subjects and to create a reasonably understandable thread…..FAIL!

Anyway, for those who have read my posts before you may know I am an expatriate living in the Philippines. This place is a nursery for every kind of crazy and unbelievable story. Such things ranging from Aswang,, which are a “jeepers creepers” type of creature, to Giants, fairies and all manner of other bizarre and ghostly machinations that are supposedly conjured up by beasts of folklore.

Okay that’s fine, I can role with that whatever……NO! I call BS…It seems everyone here has some kind of ghost story or supposedly supernatural story to tell. I have lived here a while and as of yet I have experienced nothing.
I do realize that the folks of this country are very superstitious as are many other cultures from this part of the world and I’ll probably get called racist for that.

Strangely enough I was just reading about some crypto zoological here on ATS, as well as on about.com.. I was actually reading about unexplained situations among other things.
So today when this guy was describing an event that took place in a smaller province I felt like …well I don’t know I guess I feel like a chump. Yet even so there are a number of witnesses to this event something like 100.

Apparently one day back in the 60s when this guy was with his brother and family in a smaller province for some holiday occasion they were walking past a rice field in a village. In this rice field there is a canal for irrigation, quite suddenly coming out from around the hill side was……………..A cruise liner, we’re talking Titanic proportions here okay. Now if you are like me and say okay maybe this ship was making its way through the canal.. No, you see this canal is typically about 4 feet deep and perhaps 20 feet wide.
They say it was pushing up rocks and dirt and carving its way through the rice field.
It passed by when quite suddenly and without warning it vanished, leaving a huge muddy gash where it had passed.

Another event happened in the late 70s when this woman a government school teacher was traveling with a group of people through the jungle to teach basic education to a tribal people. Along the way they had to take a short cut and became lost. They wandered around for what she said was at least five hours and were very out of the way from civilization. It was at this time that they came upon a late model Roles Royce parked quite nicely in the middle of a thick jungle. No roads around save for a small foot path. The car was polished and appeared brand new without a single scratch and no mud on the wheels. She had taken 4 photos of this car because she didn’t think her husband and children would believe her. The photos showed her and others posing by the car wearily. She said she kept the photos until 1991 when the family’s photo albums were ruined when their living room flooded. Others claim to have seen these photos.

There are a number of other things I have seen here and some are even openly played on the news. Of course I am naturally a hard core skeptic and as such will not be happy until I behold such events with my own eyes. I do not deny it totally but I certainly do not accept it. Some of the things I have seen I can't explain.

There are others stories as well, where people claim to have seen giants and goatmen and stuff…COMEON!! Are you kidding me?
Why is it that I can pull off the internet right now any number of photographs that were taken at the right place at the right time, and none of them are blurry or leave you wondering what’s happening. But when it comes to this supposedly enchanted magical fairy dust event, the best photos that can be taken leave the viewer scratching their head? Bear in mind this extends to UFO photos and video as well.
Things have happened in my life as well but I can at least find reasonable explanations for such events. Even if I saw a fishman walking on water with red eyes I would not pack up and run away. I certainly wouldn’t go around proclaiming I had seen such a thing. I’m getting tired of this BS, because I want to see something like this for myself. However I’m mildly concerned that if I go around offering open challenges to things unseen I will be viewed as mentally lost.

So can you please share your strange events with me… Can you please converse with me and tell me why it is you choose to believe in something that can not be reasonably explained by other means? What makes a person automatically assume supernatural/paranormal before assuming QUITE NATURAL? If someone is confused by this I can explain it if asked.

At the very least let me know if you agree with my frustration or not.
Thanks.
Snow

PS..I would like to add that I am concerned that in my strong desire to see or experience a "crypto event" that I may leave my more reasonable faculties behind in order to more readily accept an event. To me that's dangerous because there are enough irrational people out there muddying the waters with false claims.

PSS. Also how do you find "reputable video" of such events? You can't check youtube because everything on on that site is some retard attempting to get some attention and waste your time. Are there any good sites?
edit on 7-2-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Feb 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: TITLE EDIT: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ok, I'll humor you. I have a couple stories I'll share, one is "paranormal" and the other is "cryptozoological." I'll start with the crypto.

I was driving along a 2 lane country road with a friend late at night, during the summer. We were going to a friends house for a party. I had my high beams on, the moon was shining bright, and the road was straight. Driving along, about 30 mph, I happen to see a pair of eyes about 25 yards down the road so I tap my brakes, while my friend simultaneously says "watch out, deer." I slow down, get to about 10 yards of it when it decides to run out in the road. I slowed down to almost stopped, and that's when I realized it wasn't a deer. The creature stopped right in front of the car. It was about 2 feet tall, it's eyes reflected red from the headlights, and it stood on two legs. Didn't just stand on 2 legs, it RAN on 2 legs. The creature darted back across to the right, then darted all the way across the road to the left. At that point I looked over at my friend, and he just looked at me. He was actually holding on to his cross necklace that he had on. We didn't say much, other than "wow that was crazy," and headed about a mile down the road to the party.

When we walked into the party, we said nothing of what just happened. What was everyone talking about though? Seeing some kind of "demon" creature right around that area. Now, I can't explain what I saw, and I wouldn't go along with them in calling it a demon, but it sure was a weird sight. I tend to think now that it was some sort of normal, everyday creature that just so happened to have been running on it's hind legs for some reason, but even that doesn't make sense.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

edit: That creature was mammalian in appearance, didn't look like anything that would normally be on 2 legs, was rather skinny with very short hair if any, and I don't recall what the front legs or arms look like. It was also very dark colored, so certainly it wasn't a chicken or any type of bird.
edit on 7-2-2011 by nwdogg1982 because: edit

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Cryptomundo

this is an ok site for Cryptozoic type info but much like ATS you've got to take it with a grain of salt, most people are full of crap, the others saw what they wanted to see.

Youtube is useless, which brings up an interesting point. Will we ever have video evidence of UFOs? nope, never, because it's too easy to hoax them and too many people are doing it. Which brings the next point, have we already ignored actual evidence because of the hoaxers? I can only sit through so many crappy half assed hoax videos before I become jaded.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So Here is my answer to fuzzy Mothman and Bigfoot photos.
What the hell man, are you telling me that this photographer can at random in a split second catches this bat out of hell hitting this dude in the face. But Joe blow in the camp grounds is being stalked all day and when he finally manages to snap a shot it looks like an ink blot test?

So since I'm looking for supernatural or obviously out of place phenomenon, let me point to exhibit A.. The gentlemen in the top right in the black shirt....Obviously he is Lucifer in the guise of a typical man. He is the calmest and most satisfied person in the stadium. I think he arranged this somehow.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
To the op seems a little ridiculous that you would even bother reading all of the crazy things that people on ats have seen. Because obviously you know for fact that billions of people on the planet that have seen any number of unimaginable things are crazy and or liars. Just because in your small existence you have no faction of belief that everything is not as it may seem. And because you have never experienced anything in your life it is bs that anyone else could possibly see anything out of the ordinary. All I can say is I wish I had the wisdom and wealth of knowledge that you posess to openly deny anything that would be considered unfathomable in normality.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

Why a demon creature? What makes it a demon creature?
I dont doubt you at all, merely trying to figure this out.
Runs on two legs light reflecting on eyes, perhaps it was a wild turkey.
They get about two feet tall and run around on two legs on country roads.

Please explain further .

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

THank you.

My point exactly. I am skeptical because of all the hoaxing. If people would stop clambering for attention perhaps it would be taken more serious.

Im checking out that site by the way thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77
[more

yuck.. Here we go with this.

Uhh... in my obviously small existence I have seen any number of what others may have called supernatural or otherwise paranormal. However that does not mean that I personally accept it as such.
In my painfully small existence my, pitifully minute life I have also NOT seen many things that I believe others have..

What I call BS on is the fact I have not seen it yet. Not that it never happened.
MY life as small and pathetic as it may be, as puny and insignificantly tiny as it is, I perhaps will one day see the great wonders of the unexplained..
Who knows..

In case you don't understand this let me say it again... I DO BELIEVE PEOPLE HAVE SEEN THINGS...THEY ARE UNEXPLAINED...not yelling just letting my text stand out.
Until then I call BS for not seeing it yet.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Well turkeys are a very common sight around here, we have all seen our share of turkeys. Not saying it certainly was not, as it could have been a very skinny turkey with no feathers. It moved extremely fast, much faster than a turkey runs. And most of the times I've nearly hit a turkey, they tend to fly instead of run. Again it had a mammal look to it, like it was fur covered but with very short fur, maybe none. Just going by it's general physical appearance, it looked like one of those hairless cats maybe, but was dark. That's about the closest thing I could equate it to.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
MODS if you are going to edit my title in such a way as to make it misleading to the reader, please just delete the whole thing.
Or can I at least use the term BS!!! in the title? I find it strange that I have seen far more aggressive forms of colorful metaphor being used as thread titles than what I used and they stood for a long time on the boards without editing.

Geez whose moderating today?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

WOw thats cool. Thanks for breaking it down for me more. I really don't know what you saw. Wish I could have seen it though.
One time I was going to work on a country road and I saw far ahead of me up the road two birds.. I immediately thought they were emu from an emu farm.. (This was in Texas by the way.)
Upon getting closer to them I realized they were two turkeys huge! They didnt run at all just kind of trotted next to my jeep about 3 feet away. Wish I had a rifle at the time. lol

Thats why I suggested turkey, but who knows. I once saw a featherless diseased goose... that looked like a freaking monster. Wild animals get all kinds of sicknesses out there. Then again it might have been something else.

I was more curious about it's running posture. You say bipedal but were the legs bent like a humanoid or backward facing like a bird?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I THINK from what I can recall, they were bent backwards like a normal 4 legged creature. That's basically why I think it was something normal, I just have no idea what. I have seen coons stand on 2 legs before, but not really run that way. I have pondered this one for years, it's basically what got me interested in crypto studies. I have seen some articles about an Americanized kangaroo, but I don't think those are real. Though it did kind of look like a wallaby or something.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well seeing as how I recently saw a gorilla walking on two legs I wouldn't be surprised to see other animals do it now. I know since I saw that gorilla Im more of a believer in Bigfoot.

It seemed to lope along in the same exact manner as a similar video.
Also I saw this video here on ATS I had never seen before. It was home security footage of these two uhh...I don't know.."stick figures" walking through this guys yard. I'm at a loss for explanation of course and wish I could debunk it but I can not. They must have been about two feet tall and looked like they were floating. Who knows what it was it was cool though.

Then i also saw some photos of small type people in old photos. I can't say if they are real or not but honestly I don't see why not. by the way.............I believe in Goat Man. LOL

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've never believed in these crazy stories of weird animals. The most I'll believe is that there are some strange, unseen animals in the ocean (since I'm pretty sure there's depths we haven't gotten close to exploring fully).

When I think if stories from place like the Philippines I think of stories from ages ago where people saw things that today we'd call ordinary, but to them they made no sense or they misinterpreted (such as solstices). Imagine what those tribes in the Amazon are telling to others about the helicopters they've seen, when I think of how they might interpret that I think of how we see UFOs (maybe to some extraterrestrial beings we're the isolated Amazon tribes).

I've learned a long time ago to only believe things after seeing them. It's nice to believe crazy stories like this, but they're all just fun stories and that's it. I take to driving more isolated roads at night over the highway during the day (when traveling) in hopes that I'll see something interesting but never have, only such things as a possum that you wish was something a lot more shocking.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I've seen at least one crypto, but it's not a very interesting story, lol. I'll tell it anyway, just for the hell of it, but I can tell you this much. You never see such things when you're looking for them. They always pop up when you least expect it and scare the hell out of you, lol!

Here's my story. Not being from around here, it'll probably be lame. I live in Kentucky and the largest cat we are supposed to have around here is the bob cat.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ade58d3a8666.jpg[/atsimg]

However, a few years ago, I saw one of these in my back yard:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5da5113f5d6b.jpg[/atsimg]

Not very exciting. It's a known animal. Just isn't "supposed" to live around here. I don't think it cared very much that it wasn't supposed to be here though, lol.
edit on 2/7/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I have seen some articles about an Americanized kangaroo, but I don't think those are real. Though it did kind of look like a wallaby or something.

My grandmother swears that she saw a kangaroo jump over a fence, here in Kentucky, when she was little. I hate to say I don't believe her... maybe she really did see it, but I tend to think she saw something else and just thought it was a kangaroo.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Interesting story about that mountain lion...or do you guys call 'em cougars? Anyway, that brings up a good real-life government cover-up. The DNR here in WV will deny up and down all day long that mountain lions are here, but it's a well documented fact around here that they do live and thrive. A friend of mine's dad was the county conservation officer, and "in uniform" he would tell you there aren't any here. Out of uniform though, he will tell you stories about seeing them, and about other people seeing them. Some farmers have found calf carcases half eaten hanging high in a tree...there aren't any coyotes or bobcats that can do that. I've never personally seen one, but I have seen calf carcases in trees, just behind my house in the woods.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

We call them mountain lions.
My boyfriend swears up and down that he saw a black panther. Someone from Kentucky actually produced a video of one not too long ago so there's actual proof that they're here. It was on the news.

It really makes you wonder why they cover it up! I have a friend who has pics from one of his trail cams of a mountain lion eating a gigantic deer that it had just killed, so I suppose there's proof that mountain lions are here also, but even with pics, it's hard to get any kind of authority to admit to it. It doesn't make sense to me.

My friend is practically an expert on wildlife and said that the reason mountain lions aren't supposed to be here is because they're all supposed to be west of the Mississippi River and aren't able to cross it. I guess someone forgot to tell the mountain lions that, lol.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

WOW!
Thats not corny at all.
In the 90s I was living in northern Tennessee, on the Kentucky border in a town called Paris while I attended college.
I lived outside the main town out on highway 79 south.
I had a lot of animals namely dogs and a few cats. On several occasions when I would walk my German Shepherd at night in my backyard it would make this low growl then take off for the back door scratching to get in. Me trying to maintain some composure slowly walked back to the house.

One night I head this horrible scream from one of my cats. When I went outside to check it out the cat was at the VERY tip top of this evergreen tree and screaming bloody murder. My dad was with me at the time with a flashlight.
When we got to the tree we heard this massive cracking of branches at something was running back down the tree, then we heard this THUMP! where something big jumped to the ground.
The tree which had been bent over at the time due to the weight of the animal sprang back up and nearly shot that cat out of the top. LOL
When my dad shined the light it was a freaking mountain lion. I about soiled myself in shock!
We set up a hunting camera out by the garage where we burned trash and caught it on film half a dozen times.
There wee also some reports of bears out there.
Where I lived in that place was directly on the edge of the forest.

top topics

join