It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anime, Alchemy, And The Gateway of Truth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Long story short, I had a much bigger post on this subject prepared but I lost it. I was wondering if the symbols and story of the anime Full Metal Alchemist have caught the attention of anyone. I'm posting it here because the story involves Alchemy, government cover ups, human transmutation and immortality.

Interestingly enough most of the characters in the show are named after things in real life. There is even a character named after the alchemist Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim. It seems to bug me that there are currently no conspiracies involving alchemy or similar subjects, even if this is a fantasized version of alchemy.

This is the "Gateway of Truth" and the god like character who guards it-

An example of an alchemy circle in this series-

Basic symbols from the series-

Perhaps more pictures to come if people are interested.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I know this is kind of off topic but have you heard of the Alchemy index by thrice. They try and infuse water,fire,wind,earth into there music.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I am a big fan of full metal alchemist and was actually thinking about making a tread involving alchemy and transmutation.

The thread will point towards a cover up of transmutation technology due to the fact that if transmutation was ever figured out gold and other precious metals would be rendered useless in the market place other than for their technological applications because they would no longer be "precious".

You have to think if a small group of people hold the knowledge and power to transmute metals then they could be in control of endless wealth. Just think if you could turn steel into gold.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
In my original post I was intending to show, I explained the entire storyline of both first series and Brotherhood. Tried to post it and lost it, either way it is a great storyline that makes you think. What if all this were possible in our world, and what if the key to immorality ended up being the lives of many humans.

Also, in the program the mystery group behind everything pushes fighting in a desert nation to finish their plan. Sounds familiar.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XSilencedxdream

Sounds Very Familiar.

On the wikipedia page for Alchemy, (I Know thats a questionable source for anything) there is a drawing of a tree that resembles the one on the door in one of your pictures. there may be a possible link there.

Also, what better way to dis credit a seemingly popular ancient practice then to make a cartoon about and put it on television. It becomes instant fiction to common people, who, more than likely, didn't even know it was and may be a real science

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Found a picture of it, calling it The Sephirothic Tree?

Found this interesting too.

www.flickr.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
my theory is that a lot of these writers of anime and manga, at least from the 80's onwards have a more than passing acquaintance with Chaos Magick and the occult in general.
but in general it's usually more the case that what we might consider occult is actually something from common folklore/Myth/Superstition or from any of the religions and religious syncretisms native to that part of the world. though of course we are lately seeing a lot of symbols from western occultism.
the Tree of Life/Lights is from Kaballah [no not that stuff Madonna is in to],

for example in the 80's series Battle Angel Alita [Gunm] the floating city over the Scrapyard is named Tiphares, from Tiphareth which is astrologically related to the Sun, or in this case "the City of the Sun"/Sun City which shows up in various cosmologies all over the world.

Ninjas don't have a monopoly on Jutsu or magic by hand-signs, this came with Buddhism and originated in India where they are known as Mudras.

ancient Japanese magic was more shamanic and nature oriented.

here's a highly recommended series has that really Witchy feel to it :
Zoku Natsume Yuujin Chou animeready.com...

in a two-chapter story the protagonist has to deal with an evil Yōki [a kind of spirit] that was born/came into being from a broken mirror that wasn't disposed of properly.

in FMA Yoki is, a corrupt member of the military who imposes heavy taxes on the town of Youswell, bankrupting its citizens. [a Demon?], in Claymore the word refers to Demonic energy.

yeah, I watch a lot of anime [among other things] so what?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
i love anime and gets me thinking if this is based on strorys i love tecnoman fave one off all times but you watch some of them and you wonder where they get there ideas from like ninja scroll and neon genesis and X

new topics

top topics

join