It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Rumsfeld Inside the Iraq War and More with Diane Sawyer Tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Exclusive: Rumsfeld Inside the Iraq War and More with Diane Sawyer Tonight

blog.seattlepi.com

Rumsfeld acknowledges that he erred in a March 2003 interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, when he said that despite the failure to find weapons of mass destruction shortly after the invasion of Iraq, "we know where they are.": "My goodness, the intelligence was certainly wrong," he told Sawyer.

He wouldn't entertain questions about whether he would have acted differently had he known the truth about the lack of WMDs in Iraq."I have no idea. I have no idea," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
www.google.com
www.google.com

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So does this open up the requirements for a full investigation? Of are we just going to swallow it and move on, repeating our mistakes again and again...

Well, my personal opinion is absolutely nothing will come of it, no matter how profound these statements really are.

I don't think anyone will ever be prosecuted, found guilty or tried for what happened before and after 9/11, even to today.

People simply do not care.

blog.seattlepi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why in the world would i tune into hear more lies?
Second line.
Thanks but no thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Why in the world would i tune into hear more lies?
Second line.
Thanks but no thanks.

If the significance is lost, let me clarify...

Rumsfeld admist in this article that he had bad intel.
Rumsfeld admits in this article that he isn't sure if he would change his decision to invade Iraq knowing the above.

It's called critical thinking, extracting the good from the bad.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

1 dead buddy and 1 paralyzed vegetized buddy later, it just does not seem enough to me.
I would imagine to the mothers and wives it would be waaay too little too late.
That's what happens when you put your (insert dirty word here) into a beehive.
Even admitting "WHOOPS we skrood the pooch"!!!
What are we going to do about it now?
I will tell you what, find another country to say the same thing about.
It is the military industrial complex, it is all a lie and no mater how much "oops" any one of those criminals washes their hands in, the blood will never come off.
Sorry but i can see no good, this will just be another opportunity for them to tell us the new set of lies.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
these guys will do anything to try to sway public opinion so they can save their historical images

they are re-writing history ,,, and with obama looking forward,,,, i;m afraid they'll get away with it

bush/cheney was the whole reason i got involved in politics,,,, they crossed the line over and over,,,, and then i found the only man who is legit and honest ron paul

many who bash the tea party forget ron paul and anti-neocon agenda 08 primary started the movement

and any tea party who likes/supports bush is an uninformed boob

ron paul had his own repub convention ,,, that should be the true first big tea party rally,,,,, but it's never mentioned

i saw a clip,,,, boy he throws colin powell under the bus,,,,,,, he may be the scapegoat for all of em since he went leaned obama in 08

can't blame him mcCain, what a joke,,, bitter old man

new topics

top topics

join