This post was inspired by another thread on Aspartame Poisoning.
Did you know that.......
1.) "Over 3,038 health industry professionals, including one Nobel prize winner in medicine (Arvid Carlsson), doctors, dentists, scientists and
researchers from a variety of disciplines are calling for an end to water fluoridation in an online petition to Congress. The petition signers
express concern for vulnerable groups like "small children, above average water drinkers, diabetics, and people with poor kidney function," who they
believe may already be overdosing on fluoride. Another concern that the petition signers share is, "The admission by federal agencies, in response to
questions from a Congressional subcommittee in 1999-2000, that the industrial grade waste products used to fluoridate over 90% of America's drinking
water supplies (fluorosilicate compounds) have never been subjected to toxicological testing nor received FDA approval for human ingestion."
Fluoride has been recognized in almost every other civilized country as a poison and as ethically questionable since the dosage cannot be controlled
at all times and the approval of every person cannot be achieved. Why would anyone agree to ingest something that is a chemical bi-product of
producing fertilizers and aluminum. Even the products like toothpaste with fluoride in them have warning labels not to ingest too much or if you do
to contact Poison Control.....also a side note to all of this is that this product accumulates in your system especially if you are overweight, fat
cells hold on to toxins more readily than others, (if you're thin don't think you're necessarily safe though) and since this is the case if it is
toxic to your system and can cause neurological effects at higher doses and cancer at higher doses it is not good to use. It has only been out since
the 1940s there haven't been any multi-generation studies done on this product yet because it has only been around for one generation and perhaps the
very beginning of another.
2.) Sodium Lauryl and Laureth Sulfate are in many household products today including toothpaste, shampoos, and soaps. This product is used to
degrease warehouse floors in it's strongest form. Why would you agree to put this product on to your body and the top of your head NEAR YOUR
BRAIN!!!! for all of your life, this product (and most non organic chemicals are accumulative) is accumulative.
3.) Aluminum is in deodorant and has been studied and is believed to be linked to an increase in breast cancer and cancers of the lymph nodes since
some major lymph drainage areas lie in and/or around the axillary areas. Once again ACCUMULATIVE!!!!!!!
4.) Artificial sweeteners including but not limited too......Aspartame, Sucralose, Phenylalanine, also known as Splenda, Nutrisweet, Sweet n Low, all
diet drinks, almost all gum, anything that says sugar free, or light on it generally uses these products. Almost all of them are known to cause
cancer in lab rats and have some history and traceable side effects including but not limited to neurological effects such as seizures, inability to
sleep, and even death.
Also it's ACCUMULATIVE in your system especially if used heavily as in if you drink more than 1 soda per day and by 1 I mean 1 serving not 1 62 oz.
Case in point......look at cancer rates since Reagan's day and the "War on cancer" was waged.....the rates have not gone down they have gone
up....modern medicine and big pharma and agriculture have given us lower instances of debilitating diseases and given us back higher instances of
obesity, heart disease, diabetes, faster sexual development for children due to hormones in meat, and surprise surprise higher cancer
Ok so look at everything, the big picture. Add up the water, the food, your bathroom products, your cleaners. What are you ingesting on a daily
basis, putting on your skin on a daily basis, etc........When you add it all together that is where the problem lies, not in one single thing,
everyone tries to minimize these arguments and say oh well the dosage of these potentially toxic agents is so low.....etc......however mix one toxic
substance with another, and another, and another, and another over 20 years and you get lots of pain, debilitating illness, and looking your age, and
perhaps many surgeries and medications along the way......so the system is perpetuating itself by keeping you sick and making money off of you even
when you're dying......
Go organic, or atleast local farmer's market and buy some veggie wash from the natural or organic section of your local Kroger or Whole Foods Store,
or Health Food Store. If you can't afford organic go natural that's better than nothing....grow a small garden....or if you rent like me buy a small
planter and plant some tomatoes, and fresh herbs you can season with.....it's the little things that count. Start making some changes and go back to
our pre-WWII roots of sugar and salt in our food being a luxury like it should be instead of being crammed into everything and fresh foods instead of
conveniently packaged processed foods. I'm just saying....and I'm trying to help.........
P.S. Don't make the argument that you're going to die of something some day anyway so you might as well die happy eating your junk....people that say
that usually haven't had any ill effects from any of the products I've mentioned and are therefore uneducated as to what life is like when it's
threatened or changed in a negative way by a food, drink, bathroom, or cleaning product that could have been eliminated long ago. Also feel free to
add any products you know of that could be harmful to you or the environment.
All of you have fun with the discussion I may put my two cents in if I see some interesting chatter.....
edit on 7-2-2011 by DragonSpirit2 because: (no reason given)