It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Special Envoy To Cairo Calling for Mubarak to Stay, Uncovered to be on Mubarak Payroll.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
From Prison Planet ..

It is a Monday, and like any day ending in “y” we get another Obama administration foreign relations screw up. Today’s edition comes from President Obama’s special envoy to Cairo, Frank Wisner, who over the weekend made waves with his call urging for Hosni Mubarak to remain president. The glitch, however, is that supposedly unbeknownst to the administration and to the journalist cadre, Mr. Wisner works for litigation firm Patton Boggs, which according to the Independent: “openly boasts that it advises “the Egyptian military, the Egyptian Economic Development Agency, and has handled arbitrations and litigation on the [Mubarak] government’s behalf in Europe and the US”.

The Independent / UK

Frank Wisner, President Barack Obama's envoy to Cairo who infuriated the White House this weekend by urging Hosni Mubarak to remain President of Egypt, works for a New York and Washington law firm which works for the dictator's own Egyptian government.

Mr Wisner's astonishing remarks – "President Mubarak's continued leadership is critical: it's his opportunity to write his own legacy" – shocked the democratic opposition in Egypt and called into question Mr Obama's judgement, as well as that of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The US State Department and Mr Wisner himself have now both claimed that his remarks were made in a "personal capacity". But there is nothing "personal" about Mr Wisner's connections with the litigation firm Patton Boggs, which openly boasts that it advises "the Egyptian military, the Egyptian Economic Development Agency, and has handled arbitrations and litigation on the [Mubarak] government's behalf in Europe and the US". Oddly, not a single journalist raised this extraordinary connection with US government officials – nor the blatant conflict of interest it appears to represent

Oh my. This is a bit of a problem, isn't it? Wonder why Obama appointed him.
Was it his outstanding resume? Or something else?
Perhaps Frank Wisner doesn't fear irking Obama, but sees more power in his other connections.
Whitehouse Insider - Obama is clueless; totally clueless
Side note - Frank Wisner has ENRON connections
What do we know about him? The public info on him can be found here

And his daddy had a whole lotta' connections ... was a mucky muck in the CIA ... and 'commited suicide'.
Info on his daddy

Frank Gardiner Wisner (June 23, 1909 – October 29, 1965) was head of Office of Strategic Services operations in southeastern Europe at the end of World War II, and the head of the Directorate of Plans of the Central Intelligence Agency during the 1950s.

Some will say it's just a matter of a fella 'slipping' and saying something he shouldn't have. But considering his experience and considering his upbringing (look at what his father must have taught him about international goings on and how to handle himself) ... I doubt this fella would 'slip'. I think it was probably calculated. I could be wrong. But being the paranoid conspiracist that I am .... I think this fella knows more than Obama about what's going on in that part of the world.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
First.. "Mubarak to stay" ...is a half truth. he said it in the context of transistion..
" “Mubarak must stay in office in order to steer those changes through. This is an ideal moment for him to show the way forward."

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Oh my. This is a bit of a problem, isn't it? Wonder why Obama appointed him.
Was it his outstanding resume? Or something else?

i don't know...maybe ask the other 8 Presidents...

Wisner, a 36-year career diplomat who served as a US ambassador to Egypt, Zambia, the Philippines and India under eight American presidents,

www.almasryalyoum.com...

More to the point, he was asked to be a one time "Special Envoy"...that means a mutual friend to carry a message...The State Department and the CIA obviously knew this guys connections to Mubarek, that is why they tapped him to go and talk to Mubarek..he knows him.

He said something dumb in transit and was recalled.

Also..not for nothing, but I think Mubarak has to go as well, but I'd rather see him hand the ball off cleanly to the opposition rather than flee and create a power vacuum. There is no guarantee that utter chaos wouldn't break out in a power vacuum and that an extremist group would land on top. You don't have to be a special envoy to understand that risk.

edit on 7-2-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
I think Mubarak has to go as well, but I'd rather see him hand the ball off cleanly to the opposition rather than flee and create a power vacuum.

I fully agree. The panic 'cut and run' NOW for Mubarek that the White House is espousing is dangerous.

I'm interested in this guys background though. The 'special envoy' was on duel payrolls.
His Daddy was a CIA bigshot and 'commited suicide'.
I'm thinking these people are into more than just being special envoys.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Using "one of his son's shotguns" too.

Obama needs to send a different puppet. One that looks less suspicious if he knows one.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
if Mubarak leaves right now, there will be no one to hijack that revolution. No one in egypt cares for the Muslim Brotherhood and as it stands most of the protesters won't tolerate someone not popular taking power. The only fear would be the military, thats it! Egypt is more simple, people are always over-thinking this.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
I think Mubarak has to go as well, but I'd rather see him hand the ball off cleanly to the opposition rather than flee and create a power vacuum.

I fully agree. The panic 'cut and run' NOW for Mubarek that the White House is espousing is dangerous.

I'm interested in this guys background though. The 'special envoy' was on duel payrolls.
I'm thinking these people are into more than just being special envoys.

FYI - That is NOT what the whitehouse is saying at all. The exact opposite.

and as far as this guys history, his dad etc. what's to say? You are likely correct. This guy is deep in the middle east power circles. The CIA knows this...they have been using him and his father (pre-"suicide") for decades for various purposes. The CIA is dumb in some areas, but they obviously chose this guy...he brought something to the table ...something not public...when they sent him to talk to Mubarak. Geez...just what is public about this guy looks like something out of twisted spy novel, just imagine what lies beneath the waters of public information.

top topics

join