It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC: Presidential emergency alerts to be tested

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is all part of a much bigger scheme.

If you are interested how we got here and where I think it's going, see my story here......

Auction 73 - The Biggest Little Auction You Never Heard Of [WRAP]
edit on 8-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Why don't they just hook into Twitter & Facebook - make those companies FORCE updates to all their members (using primarily IP addresses based in the United States)??

Also, just force text messages (gov't picks up the costs if incurred to recipients) to all owners of cell phones.

Combine that with the fact that most people would verbally tell at least 1 friend each, and TV & radio, that would get the message out far and wide.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Is this a routine test or something that just popped up? The Cable companies and the FTA channels all have emergency broadcast signal tests that they conduct every now and then. The president's system is different?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This system will be manditory in all new cellphones and the tech already exists in some smart phones. Verizon and AT&T are already onboard and the system is to be deployed in DC and NYC by the end of the year.

National EAS lanches

The increased threat level after the Osama death makes a lot more sense now. Get ready for them to rachet up the fear folks. If people are getting terror alerts every day on their phone they might just be willing to give up a bit more freedom to feel safe.
edit on 5/10/2011 by yadboy because: additional comment added

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Okay either this

1. won't work.

2. Be used for weather announcements "hurricane in Florida" -okay why should I care?

3. The "British are coming" yeah right like they'd announce that

4. "OMG attack in Chicago" yeah right false flag

So basically the only point of this emergency broadcast is to alert the conspiracy theorists that much quicker about a false flag?

I'm guessing we'll find out sooner than they get the broadcast working.

This looks like more padding for their "retaliation" false flag. 9/11 part 2.

edit: oh, and what about people who just have land lines?

edit on 10-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
oh, and what about people who just have land lines?

Cell phone usage exceeded landline usage in 2004;

Cellphone Numbers Overtake Land Lines

Not to mention that anyone who has phone service through a cable provider (and more and more phone companies) have VOIP, which this should work with newer modems/set-top boxes.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadboy

Originally posted by filosophia
oh, and what about people who just have land lines?

Cell phone usage exceeded landline usage in 2004;

Cellphone Numbers Overtake Land Lines

Not to mention that anyone who has phone service through a cable provider (and more and more phone companies) have VOIP, which this should work with newer modems/set-top boxes.

people still have landlines just because cell phone usage exceeded landlines. And there are people who only have landlines and no cell phones. So I guess they won't know when Bin Laden attacks, oh wait they have a tv so it's fine. More useless fear mongering is all this "emergency" system is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join