It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Just Posting For Stars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I am 42 years old, and am waiting for something other than attacks on my character and nasty juvenile comments to respond to from your posts.

Thank you for assuming I was a little child though.

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Do you not understand what a debate is?

Reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit is it? You look like your not a day older than 12, so why not stop with your assumptions and go back to re-runs of sesame street and leave the grown up talk for us adults. With your snide comments as I have graciously quoted from above, further suggests that not only are you trolling your own thread, but instigating, ( much like trolls do ) a non-argument. Run along....Run along now~

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

This is why you're on my friend's list, woman... No matter what you're posting (and we'ver agreed and disagreed) you are always successful in creating something controversial to talk about, even when you aren't trying to. High fives.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thank you Skadi, I just try to have fun here and maybe learn something in the process.

Originally posted by LadySkadi

This is why you're on my friend's list, woman... No matter what you're posting (and we'ver agreed and disagreed) you are always successful in creating something controversial to talk about, even when you aren't trying to. High fives.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

"What I asked in my post to the OP was on topic, and meant to compell some further answers and defense from the OP"

compell some further answers ?

with this ?

"Did it take a lot of critical thought to post a youtube video someone else made, to clarify a point? "

What do you expect when you start out like this ?

Why do you hide from your own words?

"That is how debates go"

clearly ... start out with not even understanding the context of the OP

if you did not understand the context of the op let me clairfy it for you ....

"For you all I provide you an excellent video on Critical Thinking produced by a youtuber well known for his non-bias, well constructed, easy to understand presentations. Enjoy " - OP

an excellent video on critical thinking it says ...... and how do you reply? by attacking?

"In fact, your OP almost illustrates that of which you are decrying"

missed the point of the OP again........

"I managed to do so without persoanl attacks"

no you didn't , you see it was your attack on the OP's video that started your rant ..

again the context of the OP

"For you all I provide you an excellent video on Critical Thinking produced by a youtuber well known for his non-bias, well constructed, easy to understand presentations. Enjoy"

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The OP was making a thread on Critical thinking. I asked an on topic question, did you use critical thinking in posting the work of another to illustrate the point? Personally I would have liked to have seen more of the OP own work. If that is considered an insult, then how is one supposed to woird the question?

It was valid and on topic, and OP answered it very nicely, without insult. The question was not an insult, if an OP is confident in their stance, the type of hard questions that come up can easily and with out insult be answered.

Once again I am disagreeing with your assertion I personally attacked or insulted. Asking an OP to defend the very premise of the post is NOT insulting, it called debate.reply to post by seedofchucky

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
And what started my rant was the personal attacks, of I am just posting for stars (off topic insult), you are a moron (personal attack) and crawl back in my hole (off topic insult.)

No where in my posts in that thread do I show anything close to an insult or persoanl atack. Again, my questions went to the heart of the topic. I dont care if people disagree with me, debates are boring when all agree, but disagree without the juvenile insults.

I was just called 12 and told to go watch Sesame Street in this thread. Wow is all I can say. The effort one wasted to type those off topic and insulting words shows the poster is without valid claim at all.

Thats why I am ranting about it and not mucking up threads with this.

The thread in question is by far NOT the only thread to contain this ill behavior.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Why not thank the op for the video then ? Then ask his view and to elaborate his position on critical thinking ?

Your to blind to see how arrogant you sound in your original post .

You started with an attack . instead of thanking the man for the informative video.

Why pretend like it wasnt the case ? after its been shown to be ?

Why start out with attack on the video ...when you could've just put your position on critical thinking and be done with it ?

again you missed the point of the OPs thread yet continue to pretend like you knew . lol

who are you kidding angel face?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

then I guess my view of you being young ( 12 ) is a good thing~ if your 42 as you claim, then my comments had to make your day...looking younger than you are is always a good thing is it not?

But I will say this, your view stating that you said nothing insulting is very debatable.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Why do I have to thank someone for a thread or video? I had other things to say. It is apparent we will be agreeing to disagree on this, I don't think you understand the difference between honest debate (and I dont have to post in a particular fashion to have valid points, some posters are more blunt than others) and debate weakening attacks.reply to post by seedofchucky

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

"Why do I have to thank someone for a thread or video?"

"For you all I provide you an excellent video on Critical Thinking produced by a youtuber well known for his non-bias, well constructed, easy to understand presentations. Enjoy"
-www.abovetopsecret.com...

i think shes starting to understand the context of the OP now

sweetdreams princess

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well, I just got back from the store where the checker mistook me for under twenty one as I tried to get my beer. She went on about my real age, and I told her while it is nice to be thought younger than one is, one gets treated the way people tend to treat the young, poorly at times I am afraid. I have earned my years, every last one of them, through hard struggles, some of which continue to this day. It IS kind, and although I dont appreciate the nasty ses street comments, I appreciate your thinking I look young, but it gets tiring have to deal with because I hear this all the time.

I always tell people one day I am gonna wake up and all my wrinkles will find me at once.

(I have a 20 year old son and a 15 yr old son, too.)

then I guess my view of you being young ( 12 ) is a good thing~ if your 42 as you claim, then my comments had to make your day...looking younger than you are is always a good thing is it not?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
And I have been debating that pov with all here in this thread, and I appreciate the discussion (sans insults that is.)

I have been told many times my debate style is abrasive or blunt, and I do enjoy defending unpopular povs at times, it is a fun mental challenge. Maybe people are mistaking my style with personal attacks or insults. There is a big difference.

But I will say this, your view stating that you said nothing insulting is very debatable.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
chucky, you are gonna spoil me rotten with all of your sweet nothings. I expect this on all thread we debate in, just like a woman of course.reply to post by seedofchucky

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

"Maybe people are mistaking my style with personal attacks or insults. There is a big difference. "

no they are just pointing out your arrogace and attacks masked by the persuit of a debate

i would chose my words wise next time . think twice act once

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am arrogant, yet the ones who must point out my insults (which I disagree are insults, but simply debate)cannot manage to do so without personally attacking me? That is ironic. Telling an OP their post almost illustrates the point they are decrying, is not an insult, it is an observation. Asking a rhetorical question (the question I asked about a critical thinker using others material) was an observative question, intended for the OP to respond to, and rebut. Again, a part of a debate.

I did not say the OP was not a critical thinker, or was a moron, or the topic was crap, as many many many posters are wont to do. I responded by asking questions I expected to be answered, and by bringing up points and offering my opinion.

If others look at that and see insults and personal attacks, it is not my reading comprehension that needs questioned.

I do not disguise insults as debate. I dont disguise my posts, at all. What I write is what I intend to write, and what I say is what I intend to say.

And I do so with out insults or personal attacks.

Is it too much to want someone who takes the time to address you, to address the points of the debate, and not have to say youre a moron, crawl in a hole, go watch sesame street? Why waste your time on typing that?

Originally posted by seedofchucky

"Maybe people are mistaking my style with personal attacks or insults. There is a big difference. "

no they are just pointing out your arrogace and attacks masked by the persuit of a debate

i would chose my words wise next time . think twice act once

top topics

<< 1   >>

join