It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two of my electronic devices aren't working today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I've had two simultaneous failures of electrical devices, all in a 48-hour period. My cellphone works, but will no longer charge. Also, my WD TV media player can no longer read video files from my media storage devices.

I was wondering if anyone has encountered similar, strange coincidental failures of electronic devices.

Thanks,
Windwaker

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You need to wrap all your electronic devices in a thin "tin-foil" layer coating. The electo-failure-idians are sending electro-magnetic pulse attacks at earths technologies before they attack...

At least this is what I'm doing! I can't tell if its working though because everything is covered in tin-foil...but I know for sure they aren't frying my toys!

edit: Sorry for the sarcasm "I'm in that kinda mood" today for some reason...I haven't. had any issue with my electronic devices today
edit on 7-2-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

It's weird. My cellphone was never dropped, everything else on it works fine, but it just won't charge. I even tested it at the store I bought it from, and they confirmed that the charger port has just "died."

Then I come home to watch a video using my WD TV player. It turns on and displays the console fine, but when it tries to load a video (from any hard drive) all I get is black screen.

I guess I just have really bad luck today.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Get an electrical outlet tester and see if your outlet is grounded or if it's not grounded properly. I'd say that is it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Radio Shack tested the phone with their own outlets and power cord, and it still doesn't work.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I figured out what was causing my WD TV player to fail. It was a bad video encoding that crashed the OS.

So now I only have one device failure. Not such a coincidence anymore.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Its weird cos I bought the final season of " Lost " and for some weird reason Disc 2 just won't play

Even tried someone elses disc 2 to test it, and their disc wouldn't play either

I've had no problemo with any other dvds.....

top topics

join