It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The revolutionary Dettol No Touch Hand Wash System... What a farce..!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

quote from someone earlier in the thread: "So who are these idiots buying these things?"

Answer: ME!!!
Although not for this reason. I bought one for my brother who's right arm is paralyzed so he has trouble with soap or pumping a regular dispenser.

See? There are uses other than the advertised uses and you just have to be imaginative.

P.S. He really likes it...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Well now dont i feel stupid,

I guess you have got me there.

And i dont think they would have sold many if they were pitching it from that angle.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

None of it really matters without an automatic door opener, since you open the door AFTER you wash your hands just like the people that DONT wash their hands open the door.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

you make a good point also...

I guess we are never going to be completely sanitary any time soon and this little device is not going to change the world..!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Cool naruto avatar btw.
You read the manga or just watch the anime?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

haha thats exactly what i thought a few years ago in a shopping centre loo, the toilet flush was automated by waving the hand in front of a sensor, but you still manually had to open the cubicle door at the latch....

What a waste of money that technology was....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

i read the manga and watch the anime, just waiting for this weeks double episodes because the fillers are over WOOP WOOP

Yes i know im a geek

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

And i dont think they would have sold many if they were pitching it from that angle.

Yeah... not too popular of marketing strategy. Fear is a much better strategy.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

fear and sex, but i imagine it would be quite difficult to make this product sexy...well i can think of one way....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I saw an ad on TV for this: Lysol Healthy Touch several months ago. I about laughed my head off when I saw it. Everyone I have told about this product and how stupid it is look at me like I have three heads. Really? Touch-free so you don't spread germs...but you're washing your hands with germ-killing soap. Am I missing something?

FYI: Getting dirty and being exposed to germs is actually something that your body needs in order to build up antibodies.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

I believe that might be the same company under a different name..!! its the same product..and its a ridiculous and useless product for what it was marketed for..but people dont seem to be able to see that for some reason

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I dont watch the anime anymore, not for a long time. Have they shown the pain invasion yet?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Yeh that was the last story arc they did we are now moving on to the kage summit so its getting really interesting

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Ahhhh, thank you...and thank you to the earlier poster who said basically the same thing. I've said for years now that we are anti-bacterializing ourselves out of existance and have been looked at like I was a freak for it. I'm not advocating not bathing for days on end, not washing your hands when needed or going outside and planting your face in a mound of dirt and having a good munch... but the body does need to be exposed to some of these things in order to be able to fight them off naturally.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix

None of it really matters without an automatic door opener, since you open the door AFTER you wash your hands just like the people that DONT wash their hands open the door.

You have just completely freaked out all those folks with OCD.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
reply to post by thedarktower

it certainly does..!! I try to limit my sons time with the telly but he still seems to know the words to all the adverts...it kinda scares me... Well i have said it before and ill say it again if you be this you are either mentally retarded or completely asleep and cannot think for yourself.

Btw love the name reference to the king novels??

yeah, stephen king is a legend, and the name is from the 7 books i read just last year. Might i add probably the best story ever told! Honestly, its brilliant and i wish more stephen king fans would read it, i don't know anyone personally that has read them

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
So wait....being a clean and dirt-free person is now considered a conspiracy?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Um, you use a paper towel to protect your clean hands when you open the door. Standard protocol for those of us with OCD, among others.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
my generation grew up without any of this advertized crap and we are all still here. No antibacterial soap no fancy dispensers.Guess what exposure to bacteria is a natural process.Think that cro-magnon man had this stuff.They became us and now they are rolling in their graves.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
My Boyfriend and I were only talking about this the other day. I'm with you, people who buy this stuff are morons without a brain between their ears. It's any wonder the earth is in the shape it's in. Companies make this useless crap and sell millions.
I think the digital key ring or photo frame, where you load photos into it and it randomly displays the photos on the screen, is just a bloody waste of resources!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join