It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The revolutionary Dettol No Touch Hand Wash System... What a farce..!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The Dettol No Touch Hand Wash System.

Dettol No Touch Hand Wash System

The idea is that hundereds of germs converge and multiply on your old soap pump dispenser posing a hazard to you and your family every time you touch it. If you love your kids you should buy one of these..!!

I know this product is not knew but it occurred to me today when i saw the advert that im sick of the way companys come up with these absolutely pointless inventions and then use subtle scare tactics to get you to buy it. I know quite a few people who have one and it baffles me that people just buy whatever is told to them on TV and dont even think about it.

Sounds good idea on paper. But why would you need this item. What is the very thing you are doing straight after touching the soap pump? Is it washing your hands ridding yourself of the vile bacteria that had grew on the soap pump just waiting to annihalate you and your family? Yes. You touch the pump....then wash your hands. No need for a no touch soap dispensor at all. What a crock. yet people fall for it instantaniously. The only way i can see a soap pump being a danger is if you have some very strange fetish. im sure there a some but i doubt they will want this new no touch one..takes all the fun away.!!

I just wish people would think about things a bit more before subscribing to these companys scare tactics. Next thing you know not owning one of these can cause cancer

Do My Fellow ATS'ers know of any other blatant pointless inventions marketed in this way or similar??

Peace

MooseVernel
edit on 7/2/11 by moosevernel because: grammar

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Hmmmm, just about anything on an informercial?

A few that come to mind:

The handless toothpaste dispenser, ShamWow, the Slap Chop... these were before I quit watching tv so I don't even know what kind of crap they're trying to sell now.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

i have never heard of any of those products ha

I tried telling these people to get thier monies back but most are too brainwashed to listen to an uneducated fool such as myself...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i saw this and thought the exact same thing, the next thing after touching the deadly poisionious hand pump is to wash your hands. So who exactly is gona buy this crap i thought. Seems like a bunch of people do. Just shows the power a little box in the corner of the room has over the majority of people

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarktower

it certainly does..!! I try to limit my sons time with the telly but he still seems to know the words to all the adverts...it kinda scares me... Well i have said it before and ill say it again if you be this you are either mentally retarded or completely asleep and cannot think for yourself.

Btw love the name reference to the king novels??

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
All those info commercials are rubbish. But the only thing i brought on a tv ad was this

gazelle freestyle

Best exercise machine i ever brought, great if you have bad knees and you want an exercise like jogging or walking without impact injuries.

Its the only thing i brought ever in a info commercial, and it was worth it.

But your right do not listen to ads or info commercials. I am just showing this, that there are occasions when something good comes out, and is on there.

I never watch tv or ads, but i stumbled on this once on a ad on tv while tuning my reciever.
edit on 2/7/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Haha I was thinking the same thing, who cares what is on the soap pump because your washing them right after you touch it! Besides, if we just eliminate all germs, our immune system will not be used to them, causing us to get even more sick when we do get them.

Deebo

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

yeh im not saying all ads are bad, that machine looks awesome btw. Im just against the ones that use subtle scare tactics to sell products...or ones that condition people to think they need that item...and it disturbs me that so many people buy into it..!!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

ha yeh i know the more sanitary we get the more likely we are to get sick if we do come into contact with germs....well surely that would be natural selection if the idiots that bought one of these were to die through lack of sufficient immunities haha

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
ya still gotta turn the tap on and off so this changes nothing unless ya got automatic taps.

turn tap on (leave germs on tap) auto dettel dispensor wash hands in water turn tap (germs now back on hand)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Yep but i agree with you, i am just saying there is sometimes something will come up you want.

The marketing is self defeating and its probably worse in usa.

I am just showing you with above product sometimes the marketing s right, but only like 5% of the time, lol.
edit on 2/7/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

yeh sometimes it is...not all adverts are wrong i guess

The worst advert ever is Go Compare in the UK

if you havent seen it, google it, that advert drives me crazy and its on allllll the time

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MrBudgie

you make a valid point..!!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
i saw swine flu wipes in the shop the other day and was wondering

whats the diffrence between those and normal wipes??beats me.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Oh lord I remember this crap...My wife and I went ROUNDS over this damn thing. She thought "ohh cool they should have these everywhere" and of course I give her the appropriate blank stare of disbelief.

She says "what?"
and I proceed to explain the obvious and she replies with

"oh god you have to make everything seem to be "silly" don't you"

I follow with another blank stare of disbelief and a long sigh...

Needless to say no matter how I explained the entire product they are selling here is completely unnecessary as you wash your hands after you touch a regular soap dispenser and there for your hands are clean and the whole "no touch thing" is for "consumer zombies" she just wouldn't accept it and perceived it as nothing more then me being "difficult"...

Sad thing is my wife knows better, she is actually pretty smart but was fooled in this case...tsk tsk

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Yeh i know im only kidding when i call these people idiots, i just blame years of advertising conditioning.

I had the exact same argument with my partner which ended in pretty much the exact same way. *sigh* and that is the reason i love ATS

edit on 7/2/11 by moosevernel because: spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Unfortunatley this kind of crap works.

I have a small child who seen this add. He is afraid to touch taps or hand pumps now because the telly told him they are covered in germs.

Adults may be aware of the lies being told on advertisements. This doesn't matter. They are brainwashing the kids.

It was so funny seeing some ads a while back for a car. They were using the twilight film to sell them. No adult is going to buy this car because of that. However in another 10 years when your teenager goes in to buy a car they will want to buy this car and they will have no idea why. Evil genius'

I would like to tell you what I think of the advertising industry but if I used the words I want to I would be banned for life.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

i feel exactly the same way...and i would probably get banned too haha

i hate the way adverts condition kids but i am sure its not just recently a lot of people my age were subject to the same sort of conditioning as kids

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hey, it's progress, innovation, growth. Nothing wrong with inventing and marketing new things and creating jobs.

This probably is more sanitary. And there are these new-fangled faucets that turn themselves on too. And even paper towels dispensers you don't have to touch.

In today's science fiction there are all sorts of things that seem far fetched but that may one day be a reality. Things like showers that you step in and they automatically turn on, soap you up, and then dry you off too (that one may be real now?)

Think about all the things from past science fiction that have come true too: Videophones, space shuttles, microwaves, test tube babies, moving sidewalks, touch screens, wrist radios/phones, iPads, laser weapons, the internet. The list goes on and on.

Someone probably laughed at, or found ridiculous at one point, a lot of the common, everyday things we take for granted in our homes today too.

edit on 2/7/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I actually have so many people giving out to me when I start flicking during ads. They have no idea what is going on. The main satellite providers do their best to ensure as many stations as possible break for ads at the same time now. It can be quite a challenege to find one that isn't showing any.

(Before people start messaging about how you can cut out the ads. I know. I don't have the box for it.)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join