It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quote From Bush that is scary!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It's not just his idiotic quotes that make him appear extremist, his actions speak a great deal louder...!!

May I ask, in hope I get a constructive answer, who said:

"American's are God's chosen people" ?

I've seen the quote on numerous signatures.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Koka]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
By the way and just as an aside... How do we know God -didn't- tell him these things? Dubya of Arc??

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by infovacume
Whats realy sad is that you all know that he is not saying what you are implying he is saying, but in order to put push down, you want to forget you intellegence and and try to convince people that he is some Extremist that wants to be a dictator.

Do we? Does anyone know which sentences any politician really means, and which are pure BS? The point is, if you're in a position of power, you need to have enough intelligence not to say the wrong things. Bush doesn't even seem to care.

Originally posted by torque
By the way and just as an aside... How do we know God -didn't- tell him these things? Dubya of Arc??

Oh yeah....I'm sure Bush is indeed the chosen one.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by Damned]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Actually, I thought it was Ashcroft who was the chosen one.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What is scary, though, Bush really thinks he is the chosen one. "God wants him to be president".

[edit on 19-7-2004 by Damned]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Here's a link to a video of Bush actually saying this. The quality isn't the greatest, but It's easy to see that it's him, and hear him say that "If this was a dictatorship..." He laughs after he says this.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by dbates]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm sure some of you saw Frontline's "The Jesus Factor"?

www.pbs.org...

www.religionnewsblog.com...

"Among the things he said to us," recalls Richard Land, president of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, "was, 'I believe that God wants me to be president.' "

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't think you have to be The Chosen One for God to speak to you. Maybe One of The Chosen Few. Personally, I don't believe it, but then I don't believe in a god at all. However, an awful lot of people feel they've been directly spoken to. Not "given a sign" or "directed by an inner voice".... but spoken directly to by their god. Maybe he's one of those people. However, who's to say it didn't really happen?

What if there was a way to prove it? What would that do to all the Bush bashing? Hypothetically speaking, of course. Replies of "It didn't happen", or "It's impossible", or "He's crazy" don't count. What if there was a way to prove, absolutely prove, that a deity did in fact speak to him. What then? Re-election in the bag? People shunning him in fear? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by infovacume
Whats realy sad is that you all know that he is not saying what you are implying he is saying, but in order to put push down, you want to forget you intellegence and and try to convince people that he is some Extremist that wants to be a dictator.

It does not matter that it might be from two separate quotes. The fact is he DID SAY IT. Just not all at the same time. LOOK BEYOND THIS THREAD. Only those with closed eyes and ears will not see and hear what Bush is really about. I am not crazy about Kerry either, but SOMEBODY has to take Bush out.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well, as you can see in the video, he said it kind of jokingly. However this is not a joking matter. The whole beauty of our American government is that so many different people can come together and agree on so many polarizing issues.

Hating a dictatorship (monarchy) is the whole reason the declaration of independence was written and preventing a dictatorship was the whole reason the constitution was written.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow you people are gullible! Look at the freaking sources and the context in which they are in. Oh wait, everything has been taken out of context and some things come from sources originating from the Mid-east of all places. Bob Woodward??? That guy will twist anything to make a story. Everyone seems to have these "unamed sources". Just because you read it on the internet does not make it true.

View the entire speeches and interviews yourself. Don't just rely on others with blatant political motives to cut and paste stuff for your consumption. If you dont do your due diligence, and you react to anything that comes out, that does not say much for your intelligence.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fawlty
Wow you people are gullible! Look at the freaking sources and the context in which they are in. Oh wait, everything has been taken out of context and some things come from sources originating from the Mid-east of all places..

Yea well I am currently located Alaska and your egotistic quote has been taken out of context by myself
I am the freak'in source for this Bushisim,
in paraphrase,' Make me Dictator and I will straighten out all the problems'from the mouth of Bush during one of three televised national debates with Gore. If memory serves me it was the second one.
Me gullible, that is questionable,even possible, but not on this

Tut

[edit on 20-7-2004 by tututkamen]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by livenlearn
This to me sounds crazy, as far as to not wanting a believer in God to run this country. Every TRULY God fearing person I know would remove the shirt from their back for even a non-believer. They do their best to atleast try and do the right thing no matter what. Why would you want a non-believer for a President? I personally believe if this nation ever falls it will be because of non-believers. And if it's ever rebuilt, it won't be because of non-believers. It will be built by people like our forfathers, who believed, and all the non-believers will ignorantly and maybe unknowingly start tearing it down again.

Oh christ, religious nutters have no place in politics, save it for the church folks.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SiRiNO

Originally posted by livenlearn
This to me sounds crazy, as far as to not wanting a believer in God to run this country. Every TRULY God fearing person I know would remove the shirt from their back for even a non-believer. They do their best to atleast try and do the right thing no matter what. Why would you want a non-believer for a President? I personally believe if this nation ever falls it will be because of non-believers. And if it's ever rebuilt, it won't be because of non-believers. It will be built by people like our forfathers, who believed, and all the non-believers will ignorantly and maybe unknowingly start tearing it down again.

Oh christ, religious nutters have no place in politics, save it for the church folks.

Really! All the truly god fearing people I know are hypocrites. It's all in your head. Seek therapy.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hey hey.... religion has its place.

George Orwell said it best in 1984, Orthodoxy is unconsciousness

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The forefathers owned slaves and gave no rights to women at all, so I guess they stopped short at giving the shirts off their backs... EVEN for non-believers! *LOL*

I don't vote to put god in the Whitehouse. I vote to put a guy in there who hopefully won't get us all killed and will maybe help us have jobs so more of us don't end up in the street. I'm a non-believer and haven't even destroyed my own town yet, much less the country. I'm not even working on it cuz I've got stuff to do.

As for dictatorships, I think it was a joke. His aggressive faith in god is a source of discomfort for me due to my own disbelief and my aversion to following his Instruction Manual, but November is coming and I don't mind standing in line.

Where's Ross Perot when we need him???

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
www.dubyaspeak.com...

It is rather disturbing. :-D

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
quote "bush is a DickTater'

I'd vote for this guy!!

[edit on 30/7/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Threads like these are always interesting to me as examples of memetic construction, propagation and reinforcement.

They remind me of what makes the game of "telephone" such a classic example in studies of human communication.

More than anything, however, they seem to handily confirm the postulate that people tend to believe what they want to believe.

The corollary is that people will tend to accept as true any fact that agrees with their beliefs and reject as false any fact that disagrees with their beliefs.

Of course, individuals vary, but these postulates and their related observations do seem to apply to everyone, to some degree or another.

All a source of endless fascination for me. But this is off-topic, or perhaps a "meta-topic". Still, I felt compelled to point it out.

Back to -- what was it? -- oh yes, Bush is a crazed dictator or something like that. Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Not just quotes, there is a video of that.
Dunno for a link, but I saw it. Maybe someone else has a link to it.

I've seen the video also but sorry no link here either

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join