It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Officials Get Chipped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Mexico's attorney general said on Monday he had had a microchip inserted under the skin of one of his arms to give him access to a new crime database and also enable him to be traced if he is ever abducted.

john

www.wired.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Considering...

From 1992 to 2002, Mexico saw some 15,000 kidnappings, second only to war-torn Colombia, according to the Inter-American Development Bank.

But mistake numero uno is announcing to the world you have this chip and where it's located. It's just going to lead the police to his arm in a trash can now.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What this has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. In case he gets abducted by whom? I did not even know they had to tech to put chips in people

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
What this has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. In case he gets abducted by whom?

It's like the fastest growing industry in Mexico! The do big abductions for millions and little "speedy" ones that never get reported all day long. Heard a disturbing report on NPR recently.

That sad thing is once you've been abducted and your family pays or you ride around in a trunk all day from ATM to ATM, then you're marked for life. And a high probability target for future abductions. And it's worse than this report. The man on NPR had been abducted by POLICE. He obviously didn't file a report.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I find this frightening. On the one hand, I can see Mexico's decision to do this given the rampant kidnappings. On the other hand, it's just another nail in our coffins - adios *Freedom*!

Soon we'll all be chipped and that'll be that.... we're cattle.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
So did 160 other employee's

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040714/ap_on_hi_te/mexico_chip_implants

How about this! "Because the Applied Digital chips cannot be easily removed � and are housed in glass capsules designed to break and be unusable if taken out � they could be even more popular someday if they eventually can incorporate locator capabilities. Already, global positioning system chips have become common accouterments on jewelry or clothing in Mexico."

[edit on 14-7-2004 by AZLS1]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
AZL, where do they put them? Its either the tracker or the limb.... You chose....

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I would take it.... Yeah right.
They are stupid, taking the chip! I would fry it with a high voltage shock from an ignition coil, or hang around a tesla coil until it's fragile electronics are fried. Or I would use a knife. I would hide, and help others remove the chip.
How can governments treat us like animals? I am sure that everyone on ATS would take it out or fry it. They can't do it, not everyone.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This matter exists in 2 current ATS threads already
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
All I can say is that this is utter insanity.
I think the Mexicans need to get a new Attorney General.

new topics

top topics

join