It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Breakthrough Promises Vaccine to Kill All Strains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Scientists at Oxford University have successfully tested a universal flu vaccine that could work against all known strains of the illness, taking a significant step in the fight against a disease that affects billions of people each year.

The treatment – using a new technique and tested for the first time on humans infected with flu – targets a different part of the flu virus to traditional vaccines, meaning it does not need expensive reformulation every year to match the most prevalent virus that is circulating the world.

Original Link: www.guardian.co.uk...

Seems pretty good, but is it really necessary? And under whose healthcare? I don't know how I feel with Obama's bill going through Supreme Court right now...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This could be a major breakthrough if it pans out.But i fail to see how it has anything to do with obomacare,the flue shot now only costs 20 dollars without any insurance and easily pays for itself by not missing any time off work.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Goal Shack

It hasn't gone to peer review yet. It appears interesting but until it's reviewed we won't know for sure how safe it really is. Massivily boosting a T cell response can have side effects I'm told.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I don't know too much behind the science and legalities of all of this, just saw it and thought it interesting and worth a post on ATS.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
could be where there hiding the mark of the beast...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Justinkase

Your premise is not preposterous. They do have pills nowadays for chips and cameras don't they?
But what IS the Mark of the Beast?

new topics

top topics

join