It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grand World Debt Clock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
www.economist.com...

The grand world debt clock, I find myself watching it in awe sometimes. No matter when you click on it, it never goes down. Always up and up and up, and it updates every like 2 seconds.

A fun thing to do is mark down what it was the last time you looked at it.

Currently the world debt is $38,840,723,426.489 as of 10:33am 2/07/2011

The time it took me to finish this thread, which was 2 minutes ago since I marked the debt, was 3 minutes, and 13 million dollars in more debt.

Its only a matter of time friends, this debt is crashing down on us, and hard.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
www.economist.com...

The grand world debt clock, I find myself watching it in awe sometimes. No matter when you click on it, it never goes down. Always up and up and up, and it updates every like 2 seconds.

A fun thing to do is mark down what it was the last time you looked at it.

Currently the world debt is $38,840,723,426.489 as of 10:33am 2/07/2011

The time it took me to finish this thread, which was 2 minutes ago since I marked the debt, was 3 minutes, and 13 million dollars in more debt.

Its only a matter of time friends, this debt is crashing down on us, and hard.

I've always said debt is stupid, that's why I've never borrowed money...It's a drug and most everyone is addicted to it...they are junkies.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Here is another look at the US DEBT...

US DEBT CLOCK

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

That is a good one also. Its too depressing to watch it for more than a minute..

Things are going to change, How long can we live this lifestyle before it seriously bites us in the @ss

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
From 20 minutes ago, the worlds debt just rose $100,000,000.000 at 10:56am

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

I myself prefer something a little more meaningful in my life.

The world is in debt. So am I. Paper money is due. Ooooooh scary...as long as I have air to breathe I can deal with the debt.

How about an indicator that shows how much of the ozone we have left?

How about one that shows trees being wiped out in the rainforests and tells us how long before the entire rainforest is gone?

Ditto the earths marshlands which act like the Earths lungs?

How about a list that shows what species are becoming extinct today...?

How many Pandas are we down to?

Typical conservative republican stance.....The whole planet needs a cat scan and they will not order the examination, so worried about how we will pay that bill.

Now... I call that a DEATH PANEL.
They are the "overseers" of our demise.

If, the planet were me and that debt clock belonged to my parents - I would have to say they were unfit.
You take care of your own and worry about the expense involved later. Things always tend to work out if you are at least alive to work them out.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Also have to ask...what are we buying? Everything is here. I could understand the sense of keeping track of the worlds debt if we owed such a sum to another planet and their people.

They might come and evict us.

Anyone think China is going to evict us?
Come over here and impose Communism on us all?

I have to laugh. Earthlings are all in the same family. Owing money to others in the same world is a little like owing money to your parents. They can't kill you and if they do it defeats the purpose if the purpose was to repay a loan.

Let us try simply to make it.
Let us try to survive ...period.

Let us worry about making a profit on it later.

Do you suppose one day that debt clock is going to show a surplus? If you count human life instead of oil and natural resources as valuable and coveted...one day it may.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

The world is coming to the very reality that we are going to have to make a choice, and its coming faster everyday.

1. Survive and remove the banksters that are the reason we are dying

2. pursue profit under the mentality that obtaining more money will fix the worlds problems

Seriously, money has gotten us to the point of technological survival, although I believe other routes of human evolution could have taken place that would have not made us the savages we are, but now we are in another age clinging on to old traditions. Look at history, we got along before as uncivilized beasts without money and a clean planet and air and water, but through this invention that a group of other monkeys made [an excellent plan by the way] to control the masses of other monkeys. When money was created, there were no outsourcing of jobs due to technology, everything was hard work. Now that is different, now nobody knows a farmer, even the products they used to produce are extinct.

It's not going to be this way forever, maybe in our lifetimes things will change. In the end it will change, I promise you that

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Also notice how the other countries get literally raped for resources by our profit hungry machine. Death is certain, that is why they do not care about you nor I, because if we die, they still make the money we've made for them, so for them death is a good thing, notice how they promote depopulation every direction we look?

Now if it was the banksters that were starving, they would spend trillions to fix the problem and make sure they are taken care of, besides the ones that are taken care of that are rich will eventually pass their money on to them in one way or another, instead of strangers that they dont think about twice.

This has got to end

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

No argument from me on any of that.

I could not agree with you more.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I do not need to look at that clock to know that the debt is rising. It seems we created a god that is never sated. Humans slave to its whim who are afraid to turn their backs upon it. They are afraid they will devolve to savages. The money system as it is is the drug of the mind, it feeds the ID inside the head and even though you wish it would stop it will continue to consume the soul of the human until the last ever human breaths their last breath a million years from now.

top topics

join