It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chocolate The superfruit!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Chocolate is a 'super fruit'

Yea thats right I always known that chocolate had some great potentials And I love it too now they say that Chocolate benefits health more than fruit. Well I'm addicted to chocolate so I don't have to worry about my health! dieing from overweight is out of the question then?

It is widely known that fruit contains antioxidants which may be beneficial to health. New research published in the open access journal Chemistry Central Journal demonstrates that chocolate is a rich source of antioxidants and contains more polyphenols and flavanols than fruit juice.

Source

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I believe it is only dark chocolate. As you can see in this comparison of a dark chocolate bar to a apple the chocolate contains lees sugar witch is a plus, but the apple contains more dietry fiber witch is a plus in the deffense of fruit.

Now compare to a normal hershey bar

The normal one contains 19g of sugar for only 3 small pieces off of it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
and my saw a site for dieting drinking 1 per-cent milk and chocalate three times a day.... just 8 ounces of milk is the limit though. this was a lose weight deal....ha i love it

edit on 7-2-2011 by GBP/JPY because: drink more chocalate

edit on 7-2-2011 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I eat lots of chocolate and always lose weight. You should never go on a diet and give up eating what you like, alot of its also in the mind when losing weight.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Milk is a good source of protein, and calcium not to mention it is rich in amino acids I never understood the reason behind limiting milk in take as long as it is low fat or skim milk. In my option one of the best things you can consume.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

ya I knew that you can't compare those two together but the news source brings this as it is better to eat chocolate then fruit. but for some people take this serous.So they leave the fruit!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I would eat both. Fruit and chocolate are both good for you in different ways.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Amazing but then you probably are eating the raw chocolate beans right?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I cannot drink too much milk, and maybe that is me. It makes me put on weight easy, and i limit it. Funny chocolate i find better than drinking milk, lol.

But that may be just me, and may not work for others.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1

Amazing but then you probably are eating the raw chocolate beans right?

Na just eat chocolate bars and biscuits. I think if you want to lose weight, yep give up eating loads, but always eat something you like. 1 tip when losing weight, never give up everything you like, and you will be absolutely miserable, and the diet will not work and eventually you will bing.

I am always eating chocolate bars, ok may not be as many as some, but something i always eat and will do.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I take nutrition Extremely seriously It is the cocoa bean that is reach in the antioxidants. A cup of sugar free or natural cocoa would be the best bet if going for antioxidant value. but The thing with chocolate is for the most part it has been processed and whats so great about antioxidants if you have to take in large amounts of fats and un-healthy cards in the process. Grab a handful of blue berries much better for you then a chocolate bar!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Thats great! find what works for you and stick with it!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

If on a diet always alow your self at least one cheat meal once a week it helps keep you focused and on track. And i find you workout that much harder for that reward on the weekend.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Exactly everyone has to find there own thing, i do not drink alcohol so i need something like chocolate.

I eat chocolate everyday, so i will not go binging.

Maybe that may help you guys too, but maybe its just me.
edit on 2/7/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Yet another blow to the close-minded/old-world concept of good vs evil.

There is NO such thing.

There is perception. No side believes itself to be the enemy nor the 'evil'. Both believe they are the good, or the ally.

A victory for the American forces in Iraq, means a defeat & many dead/wounded/suffering and lost for the Iraqis.

A victory for the Afghanis is a tragic loss to the Americans, so on - and so forth .

It is silly for anybody to believe in an "enemy" and follow along with the propaganda which articulates them as that without checking out both sides of the story. There are ALWAYS 2 sides of the story in conflict.

Perception / Opinion / Cause / effect / long term result & so forth are all dependent on the perspective of objective which differs upon not only every nation or tribe, but every person.

Yes, I realize this is about chocolate and fruit. They are related... Chocolate has been deemed as 'bad' food. Whereas an apple is 'good' food. Why?

Apples - Contain much water, natural sugar, plenty of vitamins, etc. You can eat plenty without consequence, and they are relatively plentiful and NATURALLY delicious.

Chocolate - natural sugar (i believe? as it takes a fair amount of manipulation to make a 'good' tasting chocolate treat) cocoa, the content the OP mentioned... a declious satisfying taste... it is an afrodesiac etc... stimulates endorfins...

So, while I am not a biologist by any means, it is easy to see that both posess extremely valuable and beneficial yet different ingredients/contents which govern both the availability & consumption rate of the food.

There is no good, there is no evil.

edit on 7-2-2011 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2011 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

There is only moderation!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Milk is a good source of protein, and calcium not to mention it is rich in amino acids I never understood the reason behind limiting milk in take as long as it is low fat or skim milk. In my option one of the best things you can consume.

Amino acids are protein.

Milk binds some of the antioxidants in chocolate from what I've heard. Chocolate by itself is pretty healthy. The sugar added though is not so much.
edit on 7-2-2011 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

No amino acids are the building blocks of protein. And milk has a great amino complex. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: Link

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Its like how they say you need do weights to lose fat. No i do not use weights and i have lost loads of fat, lol.

Shows you these people push alot of ideas, and they often make it harder for people. Like i said i do not do weights, i just do all cardio exercises, and i have lost loads of weight. I may not have any muscle build up, and i do not want muscles, i just wanted to lose fat.

People all you have to do is cardio exercises, and of course alot of them, but you do not need to do weight lifting unless you want to develop muscle mass obviously or build strength, that not all people want.

All you over weight people in cities, go out one day a week and walk at least 10 miles. Do that once a week, and increase if you can. Your weight will come off, lol.
edit on 2/7/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Protein consumed is broken down into amino acids in order to be used...for it to be a good source of protein sort of implies that it is a good source of amino acids. Just seemed a bit redundant.

edit on 7-2-2011 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join