It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Taliban Not Allied With Al-Qaida

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wow site really messed up my last post.Anyway one man's opinion is not necessarily the general opinion of the rest of the world.I don't really care what one former soldier says.If the general attitude of soldiers agreed with him, his opinion of things would be validated.Just as my opinion may not agree with what others think in a majority rules situation then my opinion loses.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
**Deep, heavy long sigh** Well this was once a really interesting and informative thread full of varying opinions that were on topic and well supported with links to information supporting the posters point of view. Like I said before thank you to all that posted in here that challenged what I already thought I knew and opened my eyes to other points of view that I had not even considered before.

Listen folks, here's the down and dirty of it all... we all have different opinions on every topic and when those varying opinions can be discussed on a level that gives everyone's opinion the respect that it deserves it's called great debate. Otherwise it degrades into what boils down to a pissing match that does nothing to further debate, exchange of ideas and the possibility to learn new things. Hasta................

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Again I ask what is your solution to the problems you rant about?And I don't want a response about my kids,my kids.Make some sense and support your retoric.I started out to call you on your anger because you seemed like you might have something valid to say

my answer ? Ive said this repeatedly. Stop fighting wars that do not benefit you . Simple really
_ While soldiers "are protecting the people" The People back home are telling you that liberties have eroded further , so in essence the "war" you are fighting is not benefiting the people .
Is the war benefiting the soldier s ? Seeing your close friends heads being blown off , Go to war then , youll either die or be haunted forever by memories of those who did . Or lose limbs and come home to find that the gvmnt who sent you to possible death doesn't give a damn about you now .

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha...
Oh and about the NWO prove they exist.

Oh jeez...not THIS again!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2/8/2011 by noworldorder2012 because: fix bbc

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla

Again I ask what is your solution to the problems you rant about?And I don't want a response about my kids,my kids.Make some sense and support your retoric.I started out to call you on your anger because you seemed like you might have something valid to say

my answer ? Ive said this repeatedly. Stop fighting wars that do not benefit you . Simple really
_ While soldiers "are protecting the people" The People back home are telling you that liberties have eroded further , so in essence the "war" you are fighting is not benefiting the people .
Is the war benefiting the soldier s ? Seeing your close friends heads being blown off , Go to war then , youll either die or be haunted forever by memories of those who did . Or lose limbs and come home to find that the gvmnt who sent you to possible death doesn't give a damn about you now .

"Stop fighting wars that do not benefit you." This is the retoric I am talking about.This is not a solution it is mearly a statement of what the problem is.How do we stop fighting wars that do not benefit us?
While soldiers are off fighting a war it is up to us,the citizens of the nation to protect the home front.We are all in this together.If the government is taking a tack that we don't like then in a free country we have the power and ability to change that.However it takes the dedication of citizens like you who have a passion for their beliefs to change the minds of the TPTB.So I'm waiting what's your solution and do you have the strength of your convictions (the stones if you will),to stand up to TPTB and stand for what you so passionately believe in?
edit on 2/8/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
hmm how is this news ,

sure that raport is "new" but that info has been in the public domain before the yanks invaded afganistan,

go do a net search on poppy cultivation and the taleban and why they stopped cultivating poppy in the first place,

as it is now , soldiers from all around the world "guard" the poppy cultivation and big pharma buys it from them , the taleban,...

the taleban stopped poppy cultivation only to have their region invaded by eager young people in combat suits and shinny weapons and forced to start cultivation again ,

there is your war in afganistan ,

go home and fix your own countries

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

"Stop fighting wars that do not benefit you." This is the retoric I am talking about.This is not a solution it is mearly a statement of what the problem is.How do we stop fighting wars that do not benefit us?
While soldiers are off fighting a war it is up to us,the citizens of the nation to protect the home front.We are all in this together.If the government is taking a tack that we don't like then in a free country we have the power and ability to change that.However it takes the dedication of citizens like you who have a passion for their beliefs to change the minds of the TPTB.So I'm waiting what's your solution and do you have the strength of your convictions (the stones if you will),to stand up to TPTB and stand for what you so passionately believe in?

I have made a thread with a possible NON violent solution but it got deleted within an hour .
There lies Part of the problem . This is not my fault . I did not implement the t and c of this site . Mores the pity !

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What an odd view point any support for that?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

What a shame that your thread was deleted I would have enjoyed reading it.Seriously though my friend it is the passionate anti-war folks like you who have to lead the way,for your childrens sake.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It’s an interesting article I have been reading about it in the press today.

I think prior to the invasion of Afghanistan there must have been an alliance of sorts otherwise Muhammad Omar would never have let them set up in Afghanistan and would have handed over the Al’Qa’ida leadership after 9/11. Now though both Al’Qa’ida and the Taliban are totally different groups compared to a decade ago so tis probably accurate to say that they are no longer allied in any meaningful way.

There are allot of very common misconceptions about the Taliban and Al’Qa’ida on the terrorism boards one of the main ones being that they are basically the same group. So this thread is probably a good thing for putting that to rest.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
well one thing to do if one wants to end unjust "wars" is to read a dictionary,

Definition of INVADE

transitive verb : to enter for conquest or plunder

Related to INVADE

Synonyms: foray (into), overrun, raid

Definition of DEFEND

transitive verb : to drive danger or attack away from

intransitive verb : to take action against attack or challenge

just saying ,

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Thanks for your kind words , please remember I only get angry because in a just world ,you soldiers would be at home with your family it is they who need you most , you shouldn't have to carry the burden of an entire country as you do in your profession . If everyone gave up arms the only people who would lose out would be the only ones who profited from it in the first place .
Take care .

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
well one thing to do if one wants to end unjust "wars" is to read a dictionary,

Definition of INVADE

transitive verb : to enter for conquest or plunder

Related to INVADE

Synonyms: foray (into), overrun, raid

Definition of DEFEND

transitive verb : to drive danger or attack away from

intransitive verb : to take action against attack or challenge

just saying ,

huh what solution do two definitions present??????Just saying.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What next? Irak wasn't involved in 9/11?
Oh crap...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Thanks for your kind words , please remember I only get angry because in a just world ,you soldiers would be at home with your family it is they who need you most , you shouldn't have to carry the burden of an entire country as you do in your profession . If everyone gave up arms the only people who would lose out would be the only ones who profited from it in the first place .
Take care .

Puh-leeze.

If we gave up our "arms" then we would be called "losers". Sometimes fighting is called for, Doomzilla. And the folks that stand and hear the call will always be heros to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

one can argue its a start by knowing what words mean , not saying that humans are stupid but sometimes the lack of knowing leads to acts one could have been spared being done ,

people in the military signed up to defend by oath and code and even under international law , not to invade

while ignorance is bliss sometimes it might be better to know what ones actions mean and does by definition ,

but you might be right , as someone earlier on this planet came up with ,

arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics , even if you win your still special

which makes this site in return pretty obsolete and this arguing hypocritical if anything ,

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Take care .

Puh-leeze.

If we gave up our "arms" then we would be called "losers". Sometimes fighting is called for, Doomzilla. And the folks that stand and hear the call will always be heros to me.

Your right there friend , and lots on ats are ready for that time to fight which isn't yet , you will know we will all know even me the uber pacifist ! When that time is but unfortunately unless certain things change we May be fighting each other , I hope by the time it comes you will have already chosen the right Side to fight For ! Brother.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

If you haven't figured out who we'll fight for, then I'm sorry.

We'll fight for anyone who wishes to preserve and protect the Constitution. We took an an oath.

And we take that seriously.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If you haven't figured out who we'll fight for, then I'm sorry.

We'll fight for anyone who wishes to preserve and protect the Constitution. We took an an oath.

And we take that seriously.

Im sure you do bro but the people who send you there don't ! TPTB are lucky to have you guys risking your necks for them , you deserve a lot better guys and I mean that as a compliment .
edit on 8-2-2011 by Doomzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Dude how many times i have to tell all of u? The taliban is just the people defending their land and avenging their families deaths....if China came to the usa and killed all ur family well i dont know about u but id join a militia to fight back and guess what, ud be labeled a freedom fighter kinda like the taliban is

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join