It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Taliban Not Allied With Al-Qaida

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Article says:

U.S. scholars believe Afghanistan's Taliban has been wrongly perceived as ideological allies of al-Qaida, The New York Times reported late Sunday.

Huh?.. "ideological allies"?..

Definition of IDEOLOGICAL
1: relating to or concerned with ideas
2: of, relating to, or based on ideology

Definition of IDEOLOGY
1: visionary theorizing
2a : a systematic body of concepts especially about human life or culture
b : a manner or the content of thinking characteristic of an individual, group, or culture c : the integrated assertions, theories and aims that constitute a sociopolitical program

In looking for the official "ideology" of the see-eye-ayes fictional boogie man, aka al-Qaeda, I found some propaganda tripe HEREthat perhaps sum it up: "Al Qaeda's Ideology" by some douche.

Published on Thursday, May 19, 2005 "Under Zawahiri’s leadership, the new ideology of al-Qaeda became marked by a willingness to carry out armed struggle against all who they perceived to be the enemies of Islam."

How is that any different to the neo-clowns dear fuhrer belching "You're either with us or against us.."? who decides what constitutes being "against us"?.. sock puppet politicians?

"Terrorists", so called, might be innocent people convicted of no crime by American virtue standards.. but by shadowy overlord standards the decider, and his flunky obmao, can circumvent all that due process nonsense if they perceive ill intent.. that person is now "against us", an "enemy of the state", "evil do'er!!".. super scary.. officially sentenced in secret to suffer pain of extrajudicial death sentence.

Looks to me like al-Qaeda, bush, and obummer are ideological allies.. willing to kill perceived (alleged) enemies. Rule of law, due process.. meh, abated.. the elite choose.

Gotta love Rage Against the Machine.. "Killing in the name of...", this alleged Zawahiri al-Qaeda character supposedly kills in the name of "Islam", as represented by an invisible man... US party leaders kill in the name of the state.. as represented by a multi- colored square cloth on a stick.

The Afghanis on the other hand, not so much.. their enemy is in rifle range ... and IMO based on their history, have a simple easy to understand shared basic "Ideology" of violently rejecting foreign occupiers.

Thanks for sharing this article.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Sure Proto, sure. I'd ask which war you fought in to gain that first hand knowledge, but that really ain't none of my business.

I've not seen it in the ones I've been invited to.

I reckon we'll just have to agree to disagee, having fought in such entirely disparate conflicts to produce such a difference of experience.

There is so much more to heaven and earth my friend. I will simply tell you this, that the planet has been at war for thousands and thousands of years.

What you have failed to realize is that everyone on the planet has been involved in that process, so everyone, and I do mean everyone, has been fighting these wars one war or another one way or another.

Whether you are someone trying to take or hold on to a piece of land, someone killed or enslaved for being on the wrong piece of land at the wrong time, directly engaged in combat, or directly engaged in a support roll of funding, equiping or praising the combatants, this is a world at war.

Do you even understand that money, coins were first invented to pay soldiers?

Our whole system and way of life is based on war, wars no one ever is responsible for, no one ever start or finishes, no one is to blame for, again and again and again and again, century after century, yet wars the guys who started making money to pay soldiers with, seem to end up acquiring more and more resources and power through.

Incredible huh.

I was born into a state of war, the chaos of the planet, the system the tyrants who control it run it with, the cunning deviants who manipulate to make you want to give them the power, you want to give them the resources, you want to give them your life, you want to fight and die for them, so they will give you a few coins in return.

It's called situational awareness my friend, and I am one of the most situationally aware people you are going to find outside of the powers that be.

I miss Dooper he was at least smart enough to grasp all this stuff.

No wonder some people end up destined to be cannon fodder.

edit on 9/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

you say , jump ?

i say , how high

meaning you ask if your gonna jump
i say how high

you just jump

classic song

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

whenever change is initiated anywhere in the world it starts at the grassroot level.People talking to people in the street.Whether that be over a cell phone or by going next door to talk over coffee.It's those people who have a passion for what they believe in and can communicate that passion to others.

My friend, my arguments and ideas travel all over the world from right here, where yes, they are discussed all over the world.

My conspiracy works are widely read and widely republished.

Trust me when I say not only am I making a difference, and I have a great mind for strategy.

It might take you a little while to figure out what all is going on, on this site, it's a lot more than you imagine from your couple weeks of being here.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by nenothtu

Think there was a plan?

I don't know, what do you think?

I think it was a case of politicians getting what they wanted and leaving the Afghans high and dry, as they normally do to their own constituents. I don't think they had a "plan" to give Afghanistan to the Taliban, I think thy simply didn't care what happened. I think they sewed a wind, left it unattended to grow wild, and reaped a whirlwind at harvest time.. There were those, even way back then, who argued against that course, but the political types didn't care. Now they get what they got, and have to backpedal to try to shift the blame from themselves.

I think it's truly stupid to listen to someone tell you there's a seed lying dormant in a patch of ground, proceed to fertilize and water that ground, and expect nothing to grow from it.

For anybody who wants to know who is to blame for 9-11 you can thank those State Department elitists who decided that the Taliban was better than King Zahir Shah and undercut every effort to bring a moderate government to Afghanistan. They are the ones, whether they were in Pakistan or whether they were in Turkmenistan or whether they were in various countries of the world where meetings were taking place, who undercut those efforts of the Taliban's enemies, or let us say those people who would just offer an alternative to the Taliban. Every time the State Department interceded.

Congress ional Record

Yeah. Thanks, State! Hugs-n-kisses, Madeline! The State Department made the final decision to leave 'em high and dry. Initially it ws the CIA honchos who wanted to leave and leave a hole there, but State didn't do anything to improve it, either.

BTW, have you seen what State is up to lately under Hillary? If you know anything at all about Afghanistan, and how this story developed, what they're doing RIGHT NOW will make you wet yourself!

Think "Afghanistan", but world wide, and with active meddling, rather than passive abandonment.

Thanks, Obama, Thanks, Hillary! Hugs-n-kisses! Our kids and grandkids are gonna love you, too!

Well, as long as you can keep 'em in the dark as much as the current crop is....

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

why did you go abroad ?

im not trying to have a quarell ,

just askin ´

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla

Thanks for the link will look now .
I hear what your saying about innocent people but imo its always the innocents who suffer from war "collateral damage " , I wouldn't care if you assassinated terrorist ringleaders but in order to do that your more than likely to have to kill innocents 1st ? War is too messy , civilans die when its not ALL citizens that are part of al quaeda its the minority .

In that you are correct. War always has been and always will be messy, but they way they are conducting this one is TOO messy - unnecessarily so. I have always maintained here that they are going about it the wrong way, but I don't expect any one to hear me any more than they did way back when. I don't make the big decisions, only the ones that involve me personally. I don't blame the soldiers for it, I blame the generals and politicians, most of whom couldn't find their own asses with both hands and a map. For the life of me, I can't see why those guys are allowed to play war the way they do.

It could be conducted far more surgically. Sure, there would likely STILL be some collateral damage, but nothing like the current level that gives their opponents so much ammo.

Again im not blaming you for this you are simply following orders .

No problem. If I didn't like my orders, I could walk (sometimes RUN) away. Soldiers don't have that luxury. Still, they have a duty to obey LAWFUL orders. It's a mighty sticky wicket sometimes to make those decisions as to what and what will not be seen as "lawful" in the calm after the storm - especially difficult when you're up to your neck in the swamp at the moment.

Remember when the soldiers are getting shot at in foreign countries , the guys who sent you care not , they can replace you like for like , they only care about profit territory and resources .

I have a peculiar view of that, but won't go into it here for fear of setting Proto off again with visions of my "bushido".

Were you by any chance a blackwater or xe i think their called now employee ?

No, neither of those.. They weren't even around at the beginning. The first I heard of Blackwater was that it was running a training facility in eastern NC for cops and soldiers and such. They seemed to have good name at that point, but I have no direct experience of it. later, when it was known they had troops for hire, the general consensus was that they were all "cowboys". I never fooled with 'em because of that rep.

I do think that Eric Prince had a big hand in the current "contractor" atmosphere, though.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

We still have 48 people in indefinate detention after 8 years who have never been charged and likely never will be.

That would be the unfortunate result of getting all confused as to what is "military action" and what is "police action". I've known three former American POWs - one from WWII, One from Korea, and one from Vietnam. All 3 were held in "indefinite detention", which was "indefinite" because no one knew when the war would end. It's war, not precinct patrol for criminals.

Even when it came to Nazi Germany they put on real trials of the Nazi officials, so there is no excuse why these guys aren't being charged and tried in some setting.

Do you mean the Nuremburg Trials? THOSE Nazis on trial? Wasn't that AFTER the war was over, rather than right in the middle of it, as we have here?

That might be another bit of confusion between military activity and police activity. Wasn't Possee Comitatus passed to address the confusion between police activity and military activity in the wake of the civil war? Seems we may have gone that route before, with less than acceptable results... So I guess it's true: if we fail to remember our history, we're doomed to repeat it.

Do I understand you correctly? Are you advocating for crossing the police and the military? I don't see how THAT can ever end well!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

are you even for real ?

by the sound of you boasting id have to say either your an arrogant cocky mf
or someone who has it all wrong for reasons not at home

either way id stay away from traveling abroad under your own name

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If you think the Taliban gives a flying crap about the American invention known as AL-CIA-ADA, you need to have your brain removed. These guys don't play the same propaganda game because their audience is not brain damaged.
edit on 9-2-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
cant but laugh

just because you are free where you are does not mean what youve done was not illegal

to you neo nonono or what it was ,
stay safe be proud of what youve done ,
reality is you ve been duped
edit on 9-2-2011 by zerbot565 because: spelling be cause in not native to english

edit on 9-2-2011 by zerbot565 because: drunk

Great response!

Yeah, ONE of us has probably been duped. I'd say think on it some more when you're sober, but it probably wouldn't change that much.

Enjoy, and hoist one for me!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

i guess i was duped while i sat 10 years

at least i know i made my money honestly

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by lonegurkha

whenever change is initiated anywhere in the world it starts at the grassroot level.People talking to people in the street.Whether that be over a cell phone or by going next door to talk over coffee.It's those people who have a passion for what they believe in and can communicate that passion to others.

My friend, my arguments and ideas travel all over the world from right here, where yes, they are discussed all over the world.

My conspiracy works are widely read and widely republished.

Trust me when I say not only am I making a difference, and I have a great mind for strategy.

It might take you a little while to figure out what all is going on, on this site, it's a lot more than you imagine from your couple weeks of being here.

So you spew retoric all over the world from here huh....I can see your revolution forming as the couple billion people who have no idea who you are cause they don't have the internet form up behind you the great leader and where would you lead them oh great leader.Look dude don't pee down my neck and tell me it's raining I know better.What ever nonsense you spew from here gets so diffuse by the time it leaves this site that it means nothing in the larger scheme of things.You need to come back to the land of reality where the rest of us live and see the big picture.You are insignificant to TPTB so am I so are we all.Saying yer not don't make it so.Think about the number of people in the world then look at the number of people here on this site.Now consider even the number of people who have the net.When push comes to shove even now, that number of people is insignificant compared to how many people there are total . A liberal estimate of who you have reached 1 million ok. impressive number huh .Compared to the 6.5 billion who live on the planet it's not even a spit in the bucket.So quit blowing smoke and stop trying to impress people.YOU HAVE NOTHING TO TEACH!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

why did you go abroad ?

im not trying to have a quarell ,

just askin ´

No quarrels. It's a fair question. Initially, it was because that's where the job took me. I didn't plan on fighting in any war, I planned on doing security, and that was it. Checking passes, securing gates and facilities, that sort of thing.

Things weren't quite the way they were being reported in the US when I got there. When I saw what "they" (I'll not name the "enemy" at this point) were doing to the poor peasant-type folks, and the country in general, I found that I couldn't just sit it out. The poor folks just wanted to be left alone, to live their lives in peace, and "they" weren't having any of that.

Those poor folks weren't all that different from the ones I grew up a part of - just a different language. Same goals, same hopes, same dreams, same wishes to be left alone in peace. It really sort of pissed me off that these other folks would come in there and turn their world upside down for a "cause" they wanted no part of. I reckon I may have identified with them a bit too closely. I could see my own friends and relatives in folks I'd never met before.

A young lady whom I thought the world of, and had planned to bring back to the US for a better life than what she had there, was erased by the opposition because of her association with me. Erased. That's something I've got to live with the rest of my days, and I think about it probably way too often.

All of this high-minded talk means nothing, nothing at all, when it's one of YOURS laying in that puddle.

So I went to war and took it on the road.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
If you think the Taliban gives a flying crap about the American invention known as AL-CIA-ADA, you need to have your brain removed. These guys don't play the same propaganda game because their audience is not brain damaged.

I wouldn't be so cocked sure there Spunky

The whole video is worth watching but skip ahead to 3:00

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

argentina
iraq
kosovo
iraq
afganistan/pakistan

?
edit on 9-2-2011 by zerbot565 because: guess i can add bosnia aswellö

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Things are never the way "They say" they are...

edit on 9-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

are you even for real ?

by the sound of you boasting id have to say either your an arrogant cocky mf
or someone who has it all wrong for reasons not at home

either way id stay away from traveling abroad under your own name

Yeah, I'm for real, and yeah, I'm a right prick, too. Folks that know me will tell you the same in a heartbeat, so it's not anything to try to hide from, OR be proud of. it just IS.

I don't think I'm arrogant or cocky, but I don't much like being screwed with. That can make me pretty cocky and arrogant pretty quickly. In the real world, when I'm left alone, I don't bother folks any more. Most of my neighbors return the favor, so I reckon we have an understanding. I'll do anything in the world I can FOR them, until they piss me off enough, then I'll do anything I can TO them. That's just the way I grew up.

Generally, I get along with folks pretty well in the real world. I don't really have any "enemies" here. We all like it better that way.

I don't travel abroad any more, under ANY name. I just don't like getting that far from home any more, neither for pleasure NOR for business.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

i guess i was duped while i sat 10 years

at least i know i made my money honestly

I don't know where you sat, what you were doing, or why you think that would have been when you were "duped". I have no reason at all to doubt that you made your money honestly.

I made mine honestly, too.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

i sat due to war

made my money else where

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join