It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Taliban Not Allied With Al-Qaida

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla

Really? do tell more can you tell me how to "legally change " the patriot act for example?

It's being legally changed as we speak. Read up.

You are the one who defends slaughter of innocent people not me ,

Wait one! Where in this thread has ANYONE defended the slaughter of innocent people?

I think you need to friend , people like you are the illuminatis dream , you risk the lives of your kids to protect the elite NOT me . you are the gullible one who works his ass off just to make the rich richer . and defends the system more than you defend INNOCENT humans .

INNOCENT humans are the only ones I ever have, or ever will defend. Where do you get this strange notion that anyone is against innocent folks?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

Then you need to leave the country you live in because you are a part of the problem and not a part of the solution.You are another one who sits back and complains about how the government doesn't do things your way.Cause that's how it is with people like you my way or the highway.Well hit the highway cause you don't want to get off your golden pedestal and contribute to changing the system.Try standing up for what you believe in instead of whining about it.Be a citizen take some responsibility for the way things are.Cause I'll tell you what ,it's people like you who don't exercise their social responsibility that are ultimately responsible for the way things are.You don't like how things are get off yer butt and do something about it.But you won't that would require you to learn about how you can be effective instead of taking the easy way out and crying about everything.Yeah poor you.WAAAAAAAAAAAA

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Makes you wonder how the Taliban ever did come to power then doesn't it?

Nope. I don't wonder about it at all. They came to power by the sword. Well, actually by the AK, and related bits of hardware.

I was always so frustrated about this, because I knew that the United States Government had a policy of supporting or at least acquiescing to this monstrous regime. For years, I was asking for our Secretary of State Albright to provide the papers to me as a senior member of the Commitee on International Relations to see about America's support for the Taliban.

Congress ional Record

That fella wasn't by himself. Lots of folks were concerned about the Taliban, and concerned for the Afghans. Clinton and Albright weren't having any of that, though. They thought chucking a couple of Tomahawks at bin Laden's camps there were quite enough.

Turns out not to have been the case.

BTW, Bush Sr doesn't get a pass - he was complicitous in allowing the conditions that allowed the Taliban to get a foot in the door. And Bush Jr., well, we all know what he had to do in the mess, right? Funny, I don't see Obama doing any differently, either.

Think there was a plan?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

INNOCENT humans are the only ones I ever have, or ever will defend. Where do you get this strange notion that anyone is against innocent folks?

The United States has not come under a military attack at all during the course of my entire life.

So you sure aren't defending anyone in imminent danger here.

Further there seem to be a tremendous amount of dead non-combatants strewn all over the world from babies to the elderly from American Military munitions and military actions that weren't in the defense of anything, but offences into foreign lands, against foreign people.

We are killing people, innocent people, every day, and have been for years and years and years and years.

It isn't being done to defend anyone, its being done to secure oil, opium, and minerals.

You really are lying to yourself, because no one could really be that dumb that they can't recognize what is obviously happening.

Innocent people die everyday, our corporations make huge profits off of it, the banks make interest off of it, and it's all for control of resources.

No one is profiting off of it besides those corporations, the corrupt politicians who sell it and force it all on the people, and the armed henchmen engaged in the process of doing the killing and intimidating.

The only people supporting it in this thread are in fact a group of former armed henchmen and employees of those corproations.

Once again it is what it is, and you are only fooling your self.

edit on 9/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Jack so by that logic the entire world acquiesced not just the US. Well except three countries. Saudi Arabia, Pakistan with their visions of a puppet regime and control of Afghanistan and I think the UAE.

I'd say there is enough blame to go around.

But wait!

There's more!

Let's reduce this to the ridiculous shall we?

So we and everybody else in the world [Except the above mentioned 3] Recognized the Northern Alliance as the Legitimate Government but it's "Our Fault" by our inaction that the Taliban took control of a large percentage of Afghanistan in 91 or 92 as per your numbers and took almost a further 8 or 9 years to supposedly outlaw and destroy their heroin production in 2000 eh?

I say they reduced the supply to up the profits...
Taliban Poppy-Growing Ban Will Measure Afghans' Fear

KHOGIANI, Pakistan, Nov. 15 — Zulmai Khan has planted wheat instead of poppies this year, and expects his income to plunge to $400 from $10,000.

For Mr. Khan, it was switch or go to jail. Like many other Afghan farmers, he finds himself at the sharp end of an edict from the Taliban government, which has decreed it un-Islamic to farm poppies for heroin production.

edit on 9-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Ive told you this before mate , I will take action but i cannot do it alone , Like I told you I came here to try and form some kind of movement but I am prevented in doing so by this sites t & c .
In the meantime I have been trying to advise people here that they are being manipulated . Manipulated to attack one another over the smallest differences .
There is No way we will ever rise up unless we unite .
I dont know why you feel it necessary to attack us constantly , all and I and others want is a peaceful world .
But we face an uphill struggle because to many dont see war for what it is .
Tptb dont want us united since time began theyve Always told us who to fear , but the truth of the matter is they are the real threat .

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I wanted to take a moment to thank you and slayer for all the wonderful information you have provided on this thread I have learned a great deal about the taliban I didn't know.Just wanted you guy's to know I appreciate the infoaAnd All the others who posted great info here.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Think there was a plan?

I don't know, what do you think?

For anybody who wants to know who is to blame for 9-11 you can thank those State Department elitists who decided that the Taliban was better than King Zahir Shah and undercut every effort to bring a moderate government to Afghanistan. They are the ones, whether they were in Pakistan or whether they were in Turkmenistan or whether they were in various countries of the world where meetings were taking place, who undercut those efforts of the Taliban's enemies, or let us say those people who would just offer an alternative to the Taliban. Every time the State Department interceded.

Congress ional Record

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Thanks for the link will look now .
I hear what your saying about innocent people but imo its always the innocents who suffer from war "collateral damage " , I wouldn't care if you assassinated terrorist ringleaders but in order to do that your more than likely to have to kill innocents 1st ? War is too messy , civilans die when its not ALL citizens that are part of al quaeda its the minority .
Again im not blaming you for this you are simply following orders .
Remember when the soldiers are getting shot at in foreign countries , the guys who sent you care not , they can replace you like for like , they only care about profit territory and resources .
Were you by any chance a blackwater or xe i think their called now employee ?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I also want to hop in and thank everybody for their contributions both pro and con.
I've learned much myself during this sometimes heated discussion.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Personally I would be looking at the people who made all the money off of 9-11, since it was just a small band of shadowy mercenary types involved in the crime, and the American Government is desperate to make sure no trials or inquiries are done through any kind of independent judiciary.

We still have 48 people in indefinate detention after 8 years who have never been charged and likely never will be.

The Government and the military deciding guilt is not the way to go.

Even when it came to Nazi Germany they put on real trials of the Nazi officials, so there is no excuse why these guys aren't being charged and tried in some setting.

Eight years not enough time to file some charges and arrange a preceding.

Americans don't even have the courage anymore to demand real trials of the government they live in such fear of the security apparatus and have so little real input with their assigned representatives to government.

The whole Al-Quida, Taliban 9-11 argument is a self defeating and pointless one, because the government can not prove it's case.

It's why there have never been any trials.

It can't prove it's case because it was a crime of an entirely different nature than they told the American public it was.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla

Ive told you this before mate , I will take action but i cannot do it alone , Like I told you I came here to try and form some kind of movement but I am prevented in doing so by this sites t & c .
In the meantime I have been trying to advise people here that they are being manipulated . Manipulated to attack one another over the smallest differences .
There is No way we will ever rise up unless we unite .
I dont know why you feel it necessary to attack us constantly , all and I and others want is a peaceful world .
But we face an uphill struggle because to many dont see war for what it is .
Tptb dont want us united since time began theyve Always told us who to fear , but the truth of the matter is they are the real threat .

This is not the place to institute change you need to do that in your country.The people on this site don't care about changing your country.For most of them they don't live where you live.You need to start change at home.organize there and promote what your passionate about.You have promoted your agenda in the wrong place the cyberworld doesn't care the real world does.Chat with people like you in your community.Get their views.Work with them and in time more will support your cause.That's how America became free.A few convinced the many.Yes I know it lead to conflict,but that's the human way we are animals even though most of us won't admit to it.I may not agree with your ideas but I see them as noble.I wish folks like you would get active in your own communities.Build support for your ideas amonst the people.The people have the power but don't usually know how to wield it.
edit on 2/9/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'm certainly not debating about 9-11 here my friend. The record had a 9-11 reference in it where I was trying to show the complacency of our own officials to eradicate the Taliban. I am not going that route, trust me.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
cant but laugh

just because you are free where you are does not mean what youve done was not illegal

to you neo nonono or what it was ,
stay safe be proud of what youve done ,
reality is you ve been duped
edit on 9-2-2011 by zerbot565 because: spelling be cause in not native to english

edit on 9-2-2011 by zerbot565 because: drunk

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

This is not the place to institute change you need to do that in your country.The people on this site don't care about changing your country.For most of them they don't live where you live.You need to start change at home.organize there and promote what your passionate about.You have promoted your agenda in the wrong place the cyberworld doesn't care the real world does.

News Flash

"World War III will be a guerilla information war, with no division
between military and civilian participation." Marshall McLuhan

We are fighting World War III right here my friend, and you might not be aware of it, but this is the frontier for the all important war of hearts and minds that are going to determine what this world looks like for the next 2,000 years.

The half a dozen people representing the military industrial complex on this thread aren't here because they hate the Taliban, they are here because I am here.

They like to pretend they aren't, but they and I know better.

Right now people around the world are tuning in to the internet, and it's going to take a global effort to dislodge the global shadow government.

It really is about if they can keep selling this militant, dictatorial, scarcity and controlled chaos system based on Hegellian principles, or if enough people have finally reached a real level of awareness and independent thought to see the system for what it is and put an end to it.

Most of that is going to happen right here on the Internet, and these clowns aren't posting the same old propaganda again and again because they had nothing better to do, or sending out U2U's to one another to come and join in this thread.

It's because they desperately need to win hearts and minds, because they are loosing hearts and minds faster than they can win them.

I am one of the guerillas in this information war, and yes ATS is very much in the front lines of it, as are many of the social networking sites.

People who have an opinion need to voice it, people who have ideas need to share them, and people who know no better need an oppotunity to learn and yeah all that is really happening right here on the Internet.

This is what assymetrical warfare is all about.

Winning the hearts and minds.

Maintaining or changing the Status Quo.

Using every weapon at your disposal.

Realizing that the pen is mightier than the sword.

Face it you are here for a reason and so is everyone else.

Once again it is what it is.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I take your words with the grace they were intended . I understand your point and will take heed to it . Lets hope for a brighter day for all of us .
Il leave you with these words from jimi .

Be respected as being new, and probably a decent change or a help for the human race or whatever, instead of keep carrying the same old burdens around with you.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So we and everybody else in the world [Except the above mentioned 3] Recognized the Northern Alliance as the Legitimate Government but it's "Our Fault" by our inaction that the Taliban took control of a large percentage of Afghanistan in 91 or 92 as per your numbers and took almost a further 8 or 9 years to supposedly outlaw and destroy their heroin production in 2000 eh?

They aren't my numbers, did you go to the source I provided? It was one of your favorite sources. In the source it stated that the Taliban had actually been in control for five years before they were recognized. Which would put them in control two years after the Soviets left. As far as our inaction goes, I believe a US Congressman laid that out pretty well.

And when I personally went to the countries around Afghanistan to try to get support for him rather than the Taliban, I was followed by a representative of the State Department at each of my meetings. At each of the meetings that I had with different political leaders in these countries, a representative of our embassy, meaning the United States State Department, was there saying Dana Rohrobacher is speaking for himself. He is not speaking for the United States of America. In other words, do not listen to Dana Rohrabacher.

Congress ional Record

Who said anything about drugs?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Sure Proto, sure. I'd ask which war you fought in to gain that first hand knowledge, but that really ain't none of my business.

I've not seen it in the ones I've been invited to.

I reckon we'll just have to agree to disagee, having fought in such entirely disparate conflicts to produce such a difference of experience.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

This is not the place to institute change you need to do that in your country.The people on this site don't care about changing your country.For most of them they don't live where you live.You need to start change at home.organize there and promote what your passionate about.You have promoted your agenda in the wrong place the cyberworld doesn't care the real world does.

News Flash

"World War III will be a guerilla information war, with no division
between military and civilian participation." Marshall McLuhan

We are fighting World War III right here my friend, and you might not be aware of it, but this is the frontier for the all important war of hearts and minds that are going to determine what this world looks like for the next 2,000 years.

The half a dozen people representing the military industrial complex on this thread aren't here because they hate the Taliban, they are here because I am here.

They like to pretend they aren't, but they and I know better.

Right now people around the world are tuning in to the internet, and it's going to take a global effort to dislodge the global shadow government.

It really is about if they can keep selling this militant, dictatorial, scarcity and controlled chaos system based on Hegellian principles, or if enough people have finally reached a real level of awareness and independent thought to see the system for what it is and put an end to it.

Most of that is going to happen right here on the Internet, and these clowns aren't posting the same old propaganda again and again because they had nothing better to do, or sending out U2U's to one another to come and join in this thread.

It's because they desperately need to win hearts and minds, because they are loosing hearts and minds faster than they can win them.

I am one of the guerillas in this information war, and yes ATS is very much in the front lines of it, as are many of the social networking sites.

People who have an opinion need to voice it, people who have ideas need to share them, and people who know no better need an oppotunity to learn and yeah all that is really happening right here on the Internet.

This is what assymetrical warfare is all about.

Winning the hearts and minds.

Maintaining or changing the Status Quo.

Using every weapon at your disposal.

Realizing that the pen is mightier than the sword.

Face it you are here for a reason and so is everyone else.

Once again it is what it is.

whenever change is initiated anywhere in the world it starts at the grassroot level.People talking to people in the street.Whether that be over a cell phone or by going next door to talk over coffee.It's those people who have a passion for what they believe in and can communicate that passion to others.This forum is too diverse to be effective as an initiater of chance.People here are from all over .the site we are on as Doom has said won't permit that kind of passion being displayed.I agree with him on that point.But that is because this is not the place for it.Nothing wrong with your view point just with it's implementation.Do it effectively or don't do it at all.I saw as someones signature on here whoever said the pen is mighter than the sword never saw an automatic weapon.Attributed to Douglas Mcarther And by the way I'm here to gather knowlege and maybe learn something every day.You have nothing to teach.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

what about big pharma ?

next is liberia anyways and every one who feels to profit from "bloodmoney" can go there case closed

its just a silly topic

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join