It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Taliban Not Allied With Al-Qaida

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Separating the Taliban from al-Qaida
Driving a wedge between the two groups is essential and possible but the current US strategy is making it harder, a new report claims

www.guardian.co.uk...

Barack Obama accused of exaggerating terror threat for political gain
www.guardian.co.uk...

Al Quada or Al Tricko?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I have to say no problem.

Just as an aside my knowledge has been based in real-world experiences mixed with digging deep.

Research, research, research and then research some more.

The books I suggested in my original post within this thread are usually all available in the library.

For free I might add.

I put the Amazon link so people can go look into it and read other Amazon purchasers reviews.

Ocassionally I include my own Amazon review when and where it merits.

I am no member of any tin-foil hat brigade as I thoroughly dig into the heart of the matter.

And I always follow the money-trail which leads from any war-torn province.

Right into the coffers of the Military Industrial Complex murdering foreigners for profit.
edit on 2/8/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Is that weed ? bit scorched for my liking .

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

they dont smoke the weeds , the make hashish from it

even they are light years ahead of "western cultures"

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

yep
second

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

they dont smoke the weeds , the make hashish from it

even they are light years ahead of "western cultures"

Thats fine but dont waste the buds! do both lol , hash can be good though polm for instance

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Crazy though how its grown like that in the wild , imagine it in our countries lol , would be all gone in an hour

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez
reply to post by nenothtu

It may exist, but it has nothing to do with Islam. It does not exist in the way we think it does. It is just a political device created by our government to favour the cause of capitalism for the sake of just a small elite group of capitalists. That's what I mean by "fabrication".

OK. You win. I've fought this battle on this very subject far and wide, and know exactly what I'm talking about, but it never seems to sink in. Folks will believe what they want to, I reckon, What I've seen in this thread - and I don't mean YOU, specifically, there's lots of it here - may be the worst, most widespread case of Stockholm Syndrome I've ever witnessed. It's apparently not even confined to this thread, which is why I said "widespread".

AQ has "nothing to do with Islam"? THEY beg to differ with that opinion. Who am I to believe in this regard, they, when they speak for themselves, or YOU when you try to defend them by minimizing their impact? WHO is closer to their beliefs, them, or you?

AQ is "just a political device created by our government"? Will you please send me an invite if you ever try to say that to an AQ member's face? I'd love to watch, and will bring my own popcorn. During Operation Cyclone, bin Laden went to GREAT lengths to refuse ANY and ALL "assistance" that could even be remotely connected to the Americans. He did that so that this very lie would not take root. He was even known to refuse some of the Saudi money because he thought - correctly - that those particular funds were just being laundered by the Saudis for the Americans. We didn't know why he refused it then, but we sure as hell know why now. He wanted NO taint of American involvement with his "cause", and in fact tried to grab all of the credit for the muj victory for himself, saying we had nothing to do with it. He knew, even then, that he'd not be able to do that if he ever accepted American aid. Bin Laden was VIOLENTLY opposed to any such suggestions.

I'd love to be there when you tried to tell him he's mistaken NOW.

So yeah, you win, I'm not battling this one out any more. Enjoy that Stockholm Syndrome. I hear it's curable, but you have to find qualified de-programmers and professional help to get there.

I arrived at this conclusion from pondering what I've read in this thread, combined with something I heard on the radio last night. I had to leave here because I got called out on a short notice callout, and was working all night. On the way, I heard some jackass on the radio make the argument that this was all OUR fault, because those peaceful moslims gave us plenty of warning time that if we didn't straighten up, they were going to jihad our asses. The figure he mentioned was 60 days "lead time" to clean up our act and get rid of the Moe cartoons and keep 'em happy. Since we didn't, and elected to go our own way, it's all OUR fault.

We asked for it.

'Scuse me?

By that logic, any one is allowed to kill anyone else randomly because some third party "offends" them. What kind of logic is that? WHY is it ok for moslems to react against offense violently, but at the same time non-moslems have no right NOT to be offended by anything? WHY is ANYONE given a pass on killing ANYONE over merely being offended?

You see that gent suffer the same affliction as is on display in this thread: Stockholm Syndrome. That's when one comes to hold those who would kill him in terribly high regard, going so far as to try to cover their actions that can be covered, and excuse the ones that can't.

I'm damned tired of fighting it, and ain't really psychiatrically qualified to treat it, so yes, you win. Besides, whilst I was out patrolling, this thread really took off, and I'll ever be able to catch up.

You win. Enjoy it while you can.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla
AH so you encouraged your son to be a soldier ? Ah that explains a lot !
Carry on soldier !
I suggest you read silent weapons for silent wars , it goes into detail about people like you.
I guess life means NOTHING to you .

I can't speak for Slayer, but for myself, SOME lives mean nothing, nothing at all. They are less than dirt to me, for dirt is productive.

SOME lives, on the other hand, mean EVERYTHING.

Not all live are equal, no matter how loudly cowards proclaim them to be.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy." Henry Kissinger

Even more interesting is the process by which a young man's parents, who purportedly love him, can be induced to send him off to war to his death.

By the time his son must go to war, father (with jelly for a backbone) will slam a gun into junior's hand before father will risk the censure of his peers, or make a hypocrite of himself by crossing the investment he has in his own personal opinion or self-esteem. Junior will go to war or father will be embarrassed. So junior will go to war, the true purpose not withstanding.

Sound like anyone familiar ?

No.

I sent MYSELF to war. No one sent me. Dad tried to talk me out of it. Now, I'm trying to talk my own son out of it, but he seems hell bent on going anyhow.

MEN make their own decisions, and are responsible for them.

Dad tried to talk me out of it, because he knew what I was in for. The very same reason I try to talk my own son out of it, and I've reached the same conclusion dad did. MEN will do what they have to when duty calls. The only thing a responsible parent can do is prepare them as best he can for what they'll encounter, knowing that he can never cover every eventuality, and knowing that ultimately MEN will do what they feel they have to do, regardless of opinion.

When duty calls and the drums of war pound, that's the direction they march towards. You simply can't keep them tied to the apron strings forever. Well, not SOME of them, anyhow. Not the MEN.

What do you know of war? Those quotes appear to have come from books. Are you speaking from books, or from hard cold experience?

Years ago, when I was just a kid, a Vietnam vet who was violently opposed to war once asked me "what are you gonna do if you get all dressed out in the green and hear the drums beating? What are YOU going to do then?"

I told him "I really don't know." and looked at the ground, because I DIDN'T know, and I KNEW that I didn't know. I figured I'd probably get so scared I'd run and hide. Also, I was uncertain as to what I THOUGHT he wanted to hear, knowing full well his anti-war stance.

He looked at me a minute, and then said simply "You will go." not "you would go" as an abstract, but "you WILL go", a concrete statement of fact. I don't know what he knew way back then, since the US wasn't in any official wars at the time, and would not be until long after, but damned if he wasn't right.

NOW I know what he was talking about, and what he tried to tell me way back when.

And I know why he was so violently anti-war.

AND I know that, in spite of that anti-war stance, WHY he fought, and why he'd do it again if he needed to.

I KNOW.

You don't even suspect.

edit on 2011/2/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

I have NEVER been atacked by terrorists , YOU ARE NOT FIGHTING MY WAR GOT IT ?
You do not represent MY view whatsoever !
YOU ARE NOT PROTECTING ME - you protect the elite no one else !
MY children will NOT join the army , I will value their life too much .

Soldiers = Pawns nothing more .

I repeat you are NOT killing people in my name got it ?

Your children "WILL NOT" join the army? you sound so certain of that, as if they have not minds of their own, and you maintain complete control of them with a iron fist...

"Soldiers =pawns nothing more"? Sounds an AWFUL lot like the sentiments of those "elites" you decry, as if you believe yourself to be somehow "above" the rest of us on this planet.

Are you SURE you're not "one of THEM"?

I've killed in your name. Deal with it.

I have to, and I was a damn sight closer to the sharp end of the action.

You were probably sleeping one off.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

OVER AND OVER ?
You mean like slaughtering innocent women and children , your attitude DISGUSTS me !
Im not the one doing the devils work , you and others are cattle ,brainwashed to kill your fellow brothers .

WRONG.

I've never killed anyone who wasn't hell bent on killing me, or someone I held dear.

I've NEVER killed a "fellow brother". I wouldn't consider someone intent on killing ME to be all that filial.

Some of YOUR brethren may have been in the mix, though...

Sorry 'bout that...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Wow , drums , false patriotism , false adrenaline ...Mate ,you are stuck in 19th century civil war or Napoleon conquering.When duty calls now is calling for fueling the pockets for corporations ,military , oil and construction contractors and extending the military -industrial complex.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

ONLY the INNOCENT die during war , only the rich benefit from war.

I see from that comment that you've never been to a war. Have you ever even been invited to one?

Maybe that's the real reason behind your fit of pique...

Someone threw a war and didn't see any benefit in inviting you. How's it feel to not be considered an asset?

Sort of like you do to those who give you the leave to to it to them...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Civilians who have never been anywhere near the military seem to know all about what it is to be a soldier these days. Real experience and intricate knowledge appears to pale in comparison to their INTERNET POWERS and spectacular ignorance.

"Oh, I know all about [insert something that they know nothing about, along with an explanation illustrating how little they know about it], because I did some serious learning here and now I am an expert on the matter: [insert dubious article/video/book]."

Yes, Soshh, there seems to be a lot of that armchair expertise on these boards, and it amuses me to no end when they "educate" me from their books, and entirely negate any sort of real world experience thereby. I can't really blame it on "youth", since there are some younger folks with much more recent experience than I, nor can I blame it on age, since there are old farts like me, who were once young when I was, who neglected their education in the real world, and never grew out of it.

I CAN say, however, that it's more prevalent among the young, those who only know thew world as it stands now, and weren't around to view the formation of their philosophies from their roots, as us old farts were. I'm only around 50 or so, but I swear to God that some of these people make me feel like I'm closer to 500.

So yeah, I'm an "old fart".

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Thank you and all the others for your service.
This thread has been one of the funniest and most eye opeing I'v read today.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Remember too please that when you are a soldier your duty is NOT to your son , father etc , If it is called for you will be expected to kill your Family .

Spoken like a man who has never soldiered, and has no regard for family or loyalty.

Soldiers KNOW where their duty lies, and have no need for YOU to attempt to redefine it for them.

No matter how many times you try to tell them that they are expected to kill family, an have no loyalty to same, doesn't make it so.

Again, I've got to ponder, based upon your own words, and your attempts to redefine a soldier's duties and loyalties, whether or not you are in actuality one of these "elites" you decry.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

what is a soldiers "duty" "code" in your country under your countries law and under international law for that matter ,

what is the oath you have taken ?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

An interesting post, but it might not have been amiss to include a couple of words stating the relevance of it, what you meant to say with the picture.

Also clarification of whether or not you are old enough to recall the "Trans-High Market Quotes" from say, 1977 or 1978 regarding pricing, availability, and quality of "prime Afghani".

That was before even the Russian invasion. Do you suppose that's what they were after, too? It was certainly big business, even way back then.

It happens. I have a photo of an Afghan funeral from around 1983, during the Soviet invasion, where you can see the same thing, albeit straggly and wild, growing in the corners of the photo, right next to the funeral bier.

So what's the relevance of the photo? If you can make a convincing case for it, maybe I'll scan and post mine, too.

edit on 2011/2/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join