It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hacks US Security company HGBary - Releases email leaks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
lol yes anonymous .. Its like being part of a crazy sci-fi movie . Hackers vs . these punks pull it off with such style and ease .

gotta hand it to them . anonymous keep poking the sleeping dragon . I think there are too many anonymous members to ever be shut down

Or the characters from "The Matrix" ex: Trinity hacking into the IRS database. This is too cool. Hang the bastards by their own internal correspondence.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

it's not good when it gets out of control though. cause then they start making decisions for other people, effecting their livelihoods and everything else, even when the other people have done nothing to them and have no beef with them at all. i didn't elect these people to make those kind of choices for my life. it's like having someone tell you what you can eat, when you can eat, and how freakin' fast to chew the damn food.

might as well pitch the whole internet in the trash can.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by kaj001

i had a nice forum attached to my research website, that kept getting hacked ...

i thought, ah well, no forums. (this was like 5 or so years ago)
fast forward a year. i have a new site. same domain provider, ... very next morning, same exact thing. ...the company says i need to update to latest version. i do. front page of site is hacked just a couple hours later.

fast forward again. i create a new website folder, same domain, 2 years later. the new website is about a different topic than the ancient texts site. i get the latest forum software, literally 1 hour later, hacked.
... i mean, what's wrong with a website like sacredtexts.com ? that's the kind of site it was. had all the old texts on it. and furthermore, what was wrong with having a site about the moon, mars, and etc?

Did you ever stop to think you research is of a nature the government does not want out and discussed? Maybe it wasn't some random hacker.... I doubt a random hacker would know within 1 hour. It would take an agency with a systematic watch on your information and activities plus the hacking know-how.

Overly paranoid?

Not when you look at what you are researching. Information if power and they want to keep the power.
edit on 23-2-2011 by pianopraze because: inserted quote

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

it's not good when it gets out of control though. cause then they start making decisions for other people, effecting their livelihoods and everything else, even when the other people have done nothing to them and have no beef with them at all. i didn't elect these people to make those kind of choices for my life. it's like having someone tell you what you can eat, when you can eat, and how freakin' fast to chew the damn food.

might as well pitch the whole internet in the trash can.

Well, that's the point. It is out of control. Our control. Representative government is a fiction, and the targets of Anon are mere cogs in a much larger machine that has been in place for quite some time. They're throwing sabots* into the machinery, and eventually it will collapse upon itself. If we're lucky.

*en.wikipedia.org...(shoe)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Did you ever stop to think you research is of a nature the government does not want out and discussed? Maybe it wasn't some random hacker.... I doubt a random hacker would know within 1 hour. It would take an agency with a systematic watch on your information and activities plus the hacking know-how.

i suppose. but it seriously was no different than www.sacred-texts.com or encyclopedia mythica. just long lists of ancient texts with links, such as related languages and artifacts. each section had links to related text for that subject. such as sumerian texts/artifacts/language, and a section on ancient greek texts, the bible in 40 languages, ancient egyptian texts, etc. the forums weren't even posted on before they were used to hack the front page and had to be removed so i could get my front page back up again. . so i don't see how the data i was not getting the chance to share, was so controversial that forums were not allowed. i mean look at ats. i've been to websites of people with alot more controversial info that not only manage to keep their front pages but their forums as well..

and when i came here and started my stargates thread, some guy kept bugging me because he was afraid i was going to try to make money off my info. since then, i've noticed my info in the books of other christian and non-christian authors. but i'm personally not allowed to publish my data, because if i charge money for it, the world will end or something. i dunno. i'm feelin' a bit picked on about that particular subject. every time i hear about people getting hacked it reminds me all over again, that i've been censored and bascally restricted to ATS if i want to post on the internet. .
edit on 25-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
S&F

Anonymous made them look like a joke, especially Barrs, why would he come out and tell them he had information like DUH, and then anonymous just stragiht up took them out with ease. Awesome story makes me smile!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

This is an old post, but I love this site and people need to hear from Information Security Professionals. Microsoft was busted years ago, many years ago with the registration process of Windows 95. The current operating systems at least have measure if you know what your doing to lock out for the most part anything from the outside. If you use Microsoft's built in firewall use another solution to monitor it. You will find that for the most part you can lock it down and are encouraged to do so. With so many foreign attacks on not just corporate america but the people of the United States, professional IT companies and long term network engineers as myself are glad to see the public getting involved. For example Intel's TPM i've seen commented on here, isn't even configured on new PC's. It's there for the 80% of the PC's going to companies that have to have visibility's into PC connectivity issues. The view at 50,000 feet administering thousands of computers become a reality, with no security tradeoff. I wanted to not only just respond to this post, not because of the petitular users comments but for the overall uneducated IT opinions here. In others words I'm going to be posting on several technology issues and posts to BETTER inform US the public that needs to know the truth about the exact technology that we need to post on. I'm looking forward to an appearance on Coast to Coast am and some other sites. In the mean time thanks for reading and look for more updates to keep us in the know!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join